Arrow Arrow General Discussion Thread - - - - Part 13

Status
Not open for further replies.
J.R. Ramirez To Play Wildcat On ‘Arrow’ Season 3
In Arrow, Grant will be a former boxer who now runs a gym for underprivileged youth. A man with a mysterious past, he will play a pivotal role in Laurel Lance’s arc this season. Wildcat is one of two major DC comic book characters to be added to Arrow this coming seaso, along with villain Ra’s al Ghul. This marks Ramirez’s return to the CW where he recurred on Emily Owens, MD. The actor, repped by Mavrick Artists and manager Marie Matthews, has been recurring on Starz’s drama Power.
http://www.deadline.com/2014/07/arrow-j-r-ramirez-wildcat-casting-cw/

He looks kinda young and pretty to be Wildcat. But it is the CW. :p

Knew they couldn't resist the whole Laurel/Ted love storyline thing. Terrible decision. This will go the way of Seth Gabel as The Count bad.

First swing-and-a-miss of Season 3.

Also I'll bet he gets Tommy Merlyn'd. But not before he somehow miraculously trains Laurel to be as good or even better as Oliver and Sara.

Can you tell me who the villain is for the Flash/Arrow crossover since you know how this turns out?

What I can't have my own opinion on what I think will happen?

As for the Laurel/Ted love storyline. This casting and what the producers have said in last week mean that is 100% happening.

Well hey if it takes Row all of 2 episodes to become a pro, why not Laurel?

He's younger than I was expecting. But then again he doesn't have to be older to be a skilled boxer, so it's not that big a deal.

Very likely he will be a love interest but i think laurel be with someone esle

Very likely he will be a love interest but i think laurel be with someone esle

I have some reservations about their pick for Wildcat but with this creative team these things often work out well. So I'm more than willing to see how this plays out over the long haul. I'm curious about his troubled path and what training he's recieved. Ted Grant is one of the most skilled fighters in DC universe. It would be nice to see how that came about after his boxing days were ended.

I would have thought somebody a lot older for Wildcat. but CW. don't know if it's going to work. but least they are trying.

TheCW didn't force this casting on them, they chose him themselves.

Oh, I don't know. always pictured Wildcat as a Bruce Campbell or maybe Dean Cain type. but then he couldn't be Laurel's new love interest.

It think one of the reasons he is young is so he can join the eventual Justice League and they want those members to be around the same age. They have hinted there are other vigilantes so maybe Wildcat is retired.

The CW may not have demanded they cast him but it definitely reeks of a CW typecast.

the wildcat description sounds great. a lot of people are going to have a problem with his age, but that's not the most important thing about the character. This version sounds fine to me

i don't mind Wildcat being a love interest of Laurel's.
i think it'll work well
don't knock it til you see how it's done

Knew they couldn't resist the whole Laurel/Ted love storyline thing. Terrible decision. This will go the way of Seth Gabel as The Count bad.

First swing-and-a-miss of Season 3.
:whatever:

i bet you'll be eating crow when s3 airs

Last edited:
The CW may not have demanded they cast him but it definitely reeks of a CW typecast.

Considering how popular the show is, I can't imagine the network is "demanding" that they do anything.

Didn't Wildcat start off as a young superhero? It's not really going against the source material here.

IIRC they made Wildcat older when they tried to make sense of the JSA and JLA existing in the same world.

The original Black Canary and Wildcat were the same age.

Correct me if I'm wrong though...

Well hey if it takes Row all of 2 episodes to become a pro, why not Laurel?

LOL it didn't take him 2 episodes he was training from episode 12-19. And he's wasn't a pro in the season finale. He could just shoot a bow and arrow correctly. He'll probably be training more over the 5 month time jump between season 2 and 3.

Anyway for Laurel I'm really curious to where they are going with her. Is she going to be trained by Wildcat and work solo as a vigilante or join team arrow as Black Canary. Her sister is still there so I wonder how that works. The cast has never explicitly said that Laurel will become Black Canary this season, just that she'll be growing closer to what she was in the comics. So she might not even be fully trained as a vigilante by the end of the season. Also considering she's a lawyer, won't vigilantism and her career have conflict of interests? Will she quit her job?

Since the CW has a habit of hiring actors that have been on their shows before, a perfect Ra's al Ghul would be Alan Van Sprang. He was on Reign last year as King Henry, and was by far the best part of that show. And considering his character died last season, he should be open. Amazing actor, looks aged and grizzled, and can totally pull off R'as al Ghul.

I guess I shouldn't he surprised that they made wildcat so young on this show. I mean roy was supposed to be young enough to pass as a son figure to oliver, yet he's more like a younger brother to him in this show. Speedy was never presented as being oliver's sister in the comics, let alone merlin being her father so I guess ted bing a potential love interest to laurel isn't shocking

Since the CW has a habit of hiring actors that have been on their shows before, a perfect Ra's al Ghul would be Alan Van Sprang. He was on Reign last year as King Henry, and was by far the best part of that show. And considering his character died last season, he should be open. Amazing actor, looks aged and grizzled, and can totally pull off R'as al Ghul.

maybe but if we look at the main villain of season 1 and 2, they are big name actor that are not from any CW show.....I think this will happen with Ra's al Ghul.....the producer will want a big name for his character which cannot be miscast

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"