Arrow Arrow General Discussion Thread - - - - Part 13

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never knew that DJ guy was her bro until today.

I would imagine that 99.9999% of the people who watch the show don't know that that was her brother. Heck many of them probably don't know that she even has a brother or that he's an actor. It's one of those REALLY minor things that certain hardcore fans on the internet tend to obsess over.

Would be interesting if she's the Batman connection rather than Nightwing some have been wanting to see.

I wonder if they'll give her a costume? Not that ridiculous New 52 one, but something nonetheless.
Just out of curiosity, what's wrong with the New 52 one? I kind of like it and it would be easy to adapt. My one problem is the amount of black, I'm worried it would blend in with the various other leather clad people on the show. Maybe one of these would work?
220px-Outsiders_16_Cover.jpg
tumblr_lsbahlLfaX1qcds6zo9_250.jpg
images

It's just so stereotypical. "Oh she's Japanese, so let's dress her in Samurai armor, oh and lets have her wear the "Rising Sun" symbol on her face." Honestly that's the part of it that bugs me the most.

I don't know, if they used the samurai armor, it could work for me. The mask, though, would probably push the audience into a "Yes, we get it, she's Japanese" headspace.

Almost done with the first season. This show keeps getting better and better.

I thought she quit acting since she hasn't been in anything in years and was replaced in Sin City 2. I guess I was wrong. I always liked her.

She didn't do Sin City 2 because she was pregnant, right? Or am I thinking of someone else entirely?

I have a feeling she won't wear a costume. And if she does, it won't really look like what she's worn in the comics.

Glad about Katana. But Aoki has no acting skills at all.

http://tvline.com/2014/06/26/castle-season-7-did-bracken-kill-rick-spoilers/

Any new news on Arrow Season 3? The wait is killing us! –Jeff

‘Member the “Seth” guy I told you about a couple of weeks ago? Well, the casting for that role has since been tweaked, and he is now described as a “shade of a man” with a quiet intensity, a “criminal mastermind who whistles classical music” as he goes about his devious business. There’s also talk of him having “reptilian eyes.” Whomever he is, he will be the Big Bad for the season opener.

This could very well be Vandal Savage. Classical music could be their way of hinting at his age and immortality. What if "Seth" is also hinting at the Egyptian God "Set"? Maybe its an alias Vandal used back in the day (maybe he even impersonated the God)

Good to see Katana on the show. Hopefully now that the show is willing to embrace more outlandish aspects, they can imply she can speak to the souls she's killed.

Would love for "Seth" to turn out to be Vandal Savage.

http://tvline.com/2014/07/02/arrow-season-3-karl-yune-cast-olivers-hong-kong-handler/

TVLine has learned that Karl Yune has landed the major recurring role of Maseo Yamashiro, who will be introduced in flashbacks as Oliver’s handler. Over time, he also will evolve into a teacher and a friend who helps Oliver step ever closer to becoming the superhero he is today. Maseo is the husband of Tatsu Yamashiro aka DC Comics superheroine “Katana” (to be played by Sin City‘s Devon Aoki), and is a skilled martial artist in his own right. Yune’s previous credits include the films Real Steel, Speed Racer and Memoirs of a Geisha.

So Devon is a Flashback person, not a current person?

Gotta wonder now just what happens to get Oliver dumped back on the Island?

I really hope they don't try to love triangle this.

So Devon is a Flashback person, not a current person?

Gotta wonder now just what happens to get Oliver dumped back on the Island?

I imagine he disobeyed an order from Waller and as punishment she dumped him back on the island. Remember her line "You're not still mad at me are you?"

It's just so stereotypical. "Oh she's Japanese, so let's dress her in Samurai armor, oh and lets have her wear the "Rising Sun" symbol on her face." Honestly that's the part of it that bugs me the most.

Dude, her name is Katana!A samurai motiff is somewhat mandatory!

I personally prefer this costume

I really never cared for Devon though.

Looks like we'll find out who's playing ''Seth'' and the Blue Beetle in the next two days.

From Stephen Amell's Facebook

Facebook! There's some housecleaning to do. Ready... Ok!

Arrow is back for Season 3 on October 8th in North America. That's 23 brand new episodes this year, taking our grand total to 69 episodes our roughly the number of new grey hairs I get every month.

Feel free to message the page when you find out when your country - whatever country that may be - is premiering Season 3. I'll share the news.

You know I'm going to be at San Diego Comic-Con International this year, but you have no idea what I'm going to be doing. The Arrow panel on Friday evening is the literal tip of the iceberg. Feel free to speculate. There are (at least) 3 more things on my schedule. Big things. Needless to say, I plan on winning Comic-Con this year. Captain Style.

Heading to a new city this September to meet some friends. Announcement is coming this Tuesday.

Huge welcome to DEVON AOKI - who is joining us for Season 3. Don't know who she's playing? USE THE INTERNET!!

Thank you for all the submissions for the new banner on the page. I'll get into them soon.

When we auctioned off some Arrow statues to benefit Prayers for Sophie a month ago, the overriding feedback was: This is great, but why can't we have a raffle so that more people have a chance to support a great cause and possibly win something? You asked, we're delivering. Friday morning we'll be releasing a video detailing how you can enter to win an Arrow statue, signed by me and sent to you, free of charge. The best part... There will be two statues. And thus, two winners. Watch the page Friday morning!

Finally... I never really got into the specifics of why I went to Facebook last week. First of all, we filmed something cool. But overall, it was any opportunity for me (and Facebook) to coordinate with one another and make this experience better. All of this to say, your participation and enthusiasm for this space facilitated a trip to FACEBOOK HEADQUARTERS!! Did I get to high-five Mark Zuckerberg..? Not this time. Does that mean I'll never high-five him? You'd do well not to bet against the power of this page.

Captain Amell.
Source

Make of it what you will, I know I am.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"