Arrow Arrow General Discussion Thread - - - Part 17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really, they'd even for a second consider Malcolm's offer. Attention writers, he's a sociopath who's responsible for the deaths of HUNDREDS. He blew up part of the city, and he was responsible for the death of Oliver's father. Stop trying to push the idea that any member of Team Arrow would want to do anything but kill him or drag his ass off the prison, because it's not working. It didn't work when Oliver inexplicably just let him go earlier on in the season despite knowing that it'd tick off Ra's, and it won't work here.

He's also the idea that's responsible for killing Sara, by means of using a mind controlled Thea *thus staining her hands with blood", which is also the reason why Oliver is now (presumed) dead.

But then again, I'm not shocked at seeing anything more... at least, not since when I saw Chloe trading Gravy bowls (with a smile on her face) with Lionel Luther at a Thanksgiving Dinner in "Smallville".lol

Heck, before you know it...we'll be seeing Ra's asking Oliver to marry Nyssa.lol

I can see the narration changing. It could be cool if instead of to "honor my friend's memory" it's changed "to honor my memory, my friends..."

Really, they'd even for a second consider Malcolm's offer. Attention writers, he's a sociopath who's responsible for the deaths of HUNDREDS. He blew up part of the city, and he was responsible for the death of Oliver's father. Stop trying to push the idea that any member of Team Arrow would want to do anything but kill him or drag his ass off the prison, because it's not working. It didn't work when Oliver inexplicably just let him go earlier on in the season despite knowing that it'd tick off Ra's, and it won't work here.

Completely agree

Seeing as how the logo has been changing for certain episodes this season, I can see them either turning things a bit more red for Roy for the logo, or not even doing the intro narration at all and just jumping into the "previously on Arrow" part the same way Smallville would just jump into an episode.

We had Iris do an intro on flash (didn't we?), so could Roy do an intro or two before Oliver's inevitable return?

I wish they would eventually stop with the intros.

“Uprising”

MALCOLM MAKES AN OFFER TO HELP TEAM ARROW — Still operating without Oliver (Stephen Amell) and desperate to stop Brick (guest star Vinnie Jones), Team Arrow is forced to consider Malcolm’s (John Barrowman) offer to help shut Brick down as Malcolm has a personal score to settle with the felon. Roy (Colton Haynes) and Laurel (Katie Cassidy) point out that the team could use some help to save the innocents of The Glades, but Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) is adamantly against it. They look to Diggle to make the final decision. Meanwhile, the flashbacks chronicle Malcolm’s descent from kind-hearted father and husband to cold-blooded killer after the murder of his wife. Jesse Warn directed the episode written by Beth Schwartz & Brian Ford Sullivan (#312). Original airdate 2/4/2015.

Ugh. Totally missed opportunity, in my opinion. I get Diggle is in desperate need of some spotlight time but for the plotline of Team Arrow contemplating working alongside Malcolm, the final vote dilemma should've gone to Laurel. Of the four, she is the one who has the biggest personal vendetta against the guy.

Aside from the generic mass murder he committed, Malcolm is also the guy responsible for killing Tommy (you know, her dead boyfriend and reason she's a recovering alcoholic?) and Sara (a secret she's still keeping from her father; a fact that eats at her every time she sees him?).

Having her come to terms with the fact that they need Malcolm's help in spite of everything he's done would've made for a great, emotional story. If the creators want Laurel to be liked by her critics, THAT is how you do it.

Last edited:
Keep in mind, just because they might work with him doesn't mean they have to like doing it. That would be the one thing that would make it unrealistic.

Ugh. Totally missed opportunity, in my opinion. I get Diggle is in desperate need of some spotlight time but for the plotline of Team Arrow contemplating working alongside Malcolm, the final vote dilemma should've gone to Laurel. Of the four, she is the one who has the biggest personal vendetta against the guy.

Aside from the generic mass murder he committed, Malcolm is also the guy responsible for killing Tommy (you know, her dead boyfriend and reason she's a recovering alcoholic?) and Sara (a secret she's still keeping from her father; a fact that eats at her every time she sees him?).

Having her come to terms with the fact that they need Malcolm's help in spite of everything he's done would've made for a great, emotional story. If the creators want Laurel to be liked by her critics, THAT is how you do it.

They can do both.

On E11S1 and I'm liking it better than Smallville. Where Smallville was pretty boring and repetitive for the first few seasons, Arrow's not too bad.

He's also the idea that's responsible for killing Sara, by means of using a mind controlled Thea *thus staining her hands with blood", which is also the reason why Oliver is now (presumed) dead.

But then again, I'm not shocked at seeing anything more... at least, not since when I saw Chloe trading Gravy bowls (with a smile on her face) with Lionel Luther at a Thanksgiving Dinner in "Smallville".lol

Heck, before you know it...we'll be seeing Ra's asking Oliver to marry Nyssa.lol

This is much worse than that. At least with Lionel the idea was that he was seeking some measure of redemption. Heck he died because he was protecting Clark's secret. Malcolm, IDK what they're doing with him anymore. He was a layered/dimensioned villain back in S1 that you could understand and even sympathize with to a degree. Here, they've removed all of that dimension and he doesn't seem to really have much of a purpose. It's not Barrowman's fault, he's still really entertaining to watch. But it honestly feels like the showrunners saw how popular he was, wanted to bring him back, but hadn't fully thought it through. So now they're floundering around trying to give him something to do.

On E11S1 and I'm liking it better than Smallville. Where Smallville was pretty boring and repetitive for the first few seasons, Arrow's not too bad.
Glad you're enjoying it so far, it really is a great show, imo. :yay:

Any favorite characters so far? Least favorites?

Except she doesn't know he killed her sister. And letting Diggle have the say is the correct thing to do because he was the first person Oliver brought in so if there is senority in Team Arrow he has it.

Except she doesn't know he killed her sister. And letting Diggle have the say is the correct thing to do because he was the first person Oliver brought in so if there is senority in Team Arrow he has it.
Not to mention, he's always been the one to get in Oliver's face about decisions that his judgment is clouded from, such as with Moira and Thea.

Yeah, Diggle is the right successor. He is the leader now. Roy still needs more experience.

I really hope it is brought up why Ted wont be suiting up and helping out. Seems like a natural ally to think of going to for help before going down the dark road.

Glad you're enjoying it so far, it really is a great show, imo. :yay:

Any favorite characters so far? Least favorites?

Really not digging the Laurel character. Everyone else seems fine.

I really hope it is brought up why Ted wont be suiting up and helping out. Seems like a natural ally to think of going to for help before going down the dark road.

I completely forgot Ted was even on the show.

Really not digging the Laurel character. Everyone else seems fine.
If you already dislike Laurel, I'm interested to see what you think of her later on, since most of the 'hate' for her didn't start until sometime during Season 2 I think. I'm one of the very few who has enjoyed her for the most part though.

I completely forgot Ted was even on the show.

This season, subplots are introduced and then forgotten about for several episodes at a time. It's becoming a natural occurrence.

I wouldn't say that - at least not in reference to how they've been handling Palmer. He's been a consistent presence since the season premiere, and they slowly revealed more and more about him as time went on. The problem, however, might be that they went too slow, and didn't allow him to do anything particularly interesting in the meantime.

EDIT: Oh ****. You guys were talking about Wildcat. My bad! :funny:

Last edited:
If you already dislike Laurel, I'm interested to see what you think of her later on, since most of the 'hate' for her didn't start until sometime during Season 2 I think. I'm one of the very few who has enjoyed her for the most part though.

I think it's just because she reminds me of Lana from Smallville and I grew to hate her because every single story with her was useless.

I think it's just because she reminds me of Lana from Smallville and I grew to hate her because every single story with her was useless.
I've actually never seen Smallville to this day. I never got into it when it was still airing and there's so many seasons that it'd take forever to get through it. Been thinking about trying it recently though.

Eh...I honestly don't know if it's worth your time. I mean, it's an important part of the Superman mythology simply because it lasted for so long, so there's that, but it got really bad towards the end. The final season was garbage.

I watched off and on from seasons 1-5 and just stopped caring at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"