Arrow Arrow General Discussion Thread - - - Part 17

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you already dislike Laurel, I'm interested to see what you think of her later on, since most of the 'hate' for her didn't start until sometime during Season 2 I think. I'm one of the very few who has enjoyed her for the most part though.

I wonder if I am the only one, who was already done with Laurel, in the very first Episode. Her boyfriend disappeared at sea, while cheating on her with her own sister, and 5 years later, when he returns to Starling City, she wants back in his pants.

The writers are to blame and it's not really fair to the actress, but after that, I could no longer respect the character.

I wonder if I am the only one, who was already done with Laurel, in the very first Episode. Her boyfriend disappeared at sea, while cheating on her with her own sister, and 5 years later, when he returns to Starling City, she wants back in his pants.

The writers are to blame and it's not really fair to the actress, but after that, I could no longer respect the character.

I think you was reading too much into that. To me it seemed as though she wanted to forgive him and be the bigger person. She was really harsh with him the first time they saw each other earlier in the episode.

Thanks for the advice on Smallville, guys. That reaction is another of the reasons I never gave it a chance. I'm still thinking of watching it one of these days though, just so I can form my own opinion. Hell, if I don't like it I can always just stop watching. :woot:

I think you was reading too much into that. To me it seemed as though she wanted to forgive him and be the bigger person. She was really harsh with him the first time they saw each other earlier in the episode.
That's what I got out of it too, I don't remember seeing any signs that she wanted to get back together with him at all. Then again, I haven't seen Season 1 since it first aired, so I can't say so with certainty.

I really hope it is brought up why Ted wont be suiting up and helping out. Seems like a natural ally to think of going to for help before going down the dark road.
From what I've seen from his Instagram, he's been really busy with some other show that's airing on Starz in the summer, so I'm guessing we won't be seeing much from him once Laurel really gets street experience.

This season, subplots are introduced and then forgotten about for several episodes at a time. It's becoming a natural occurrence.
My problem with the first 5-6 episodes was this. There's so many separate strands but they're slowly coming together, so I hope things don't get forgotten for too long.

I think it's just because she reminds me of Lana from Smallville and I grew to hate her because every single story with her was useless.
Ehh, I look at her more like the Lois of this series. I feel like Felicity is definitely the Chloe of the series[BLACKOUT], and the forced romance arc is further proof of that,[/BLACKOUT] but Laurel seems more like the character that is just in the background waiting for the time to come where she can finally be put in the front with the lead. For the most part, throughout the series, she's been treated as a background, supporting character, not a secondary lead, or even the female lead.

I wouldn't say that - at least not in reference to how they've been handling Palmer. He's been a consistent presence since the season premiere, and they slowly revealed more and more about him as time went on. The problem, however, might be that they went too slow, and didn't allow him to do anything particularly interesting in the meantime.

EDIT: Oh ****. You guys were talking about Wildcat. My bad! :funny:

tumblr_mg8vud1kfY1r0e42eo6_r2_250.gif

I really need to do a rewatch of s1/2. It just feels so painful as a Laurel fan. But hey, at least it gets/has gotten better. It's hard to imagine s3 Laurel as s1/2 Laurel (for me)

When I was getting my girlfriend into the show, she said it should've been a drinking game for how many times Oliver would feel like crap and then Laurel would either come into the picture, or leave the scene saying how much she wished he died on the boat. It's really funny how much it happened throughout the first season, and if it wasn't Laurel, it was someone else crapping on Oliver.

Eh...I honestly don't know if it's worth your time. I mean, it's an important part of the Superman mythology simply because it lasted for so long, so there's that, but it got really bad towards the end. The final season was garbage.
I wouldn't say it was complete garbage. To me, the second half of season 5 up until the end of season 7 was really the worst of the series. Season 8 started off as a new feeling show, even though the second half killed the momentum, and season 9 was phenomenal throughout. Season 10 started pretty good, but again, the second half was just not connected at all and the biggest disappointment was the lack of a suit or flight. But I think overall, if you were to skip certain episodes, the entire series wasn't horrible. There's plenty of good stuff in there, although it would be hard to go watch it after being spoiled by Arrow and Flash.

That's what I got out of it too, I don't remember seeing any signs that she wanted to get back together with him at all. Then again, I haven't seen Season 1 since it first aired, so I can't say so with certainty.

I admit, my wording there was a bit exaggerated, but when I saw her give him that longing look, searching if the person from 5 years ago was still there, I took that as a sign that she still had feelings for him. Which she obviously had, as we would see in later Episodes. But sorry, after that massive betrayal, she should have treated him like a piece of furniture, for the first couple years he was back in Starling.

And it didn't help when further Episodes painted her as the girl always after the bad boy, who was too blind to see that the bad boy wouldn't be tamed and constantly cheated, and planned her perfect little life, with the bad boy as the trophy husband. They just kept adding all those personality traits to the character, that I can't stand about women.

When I was getting my girlfriend into the show, she said it should've been a drinking game for how many times Oliver would feel like crap and then Laurel would either come into the picture, or leave the scene saying how much she wished he died on the boat. It's really funny how much it happened throughout the first season, and if it wasn't Laurel, it was someone else crapping on Oliver.

Yeah everyone was getting on Oliver in the first season except Walter. Some of it he deserved cause he was a jerk at times. He was so worried about being out as the Arrow he over did it.

There was definitely too much crapping on Oliver at times. Like when he went out with the Cop Lady. What was her name again? Well, they went on a date, she dives in, asks him all kinds of questions about the 5 years he was gone, and then gives him crap when he rightfully doesn't want to talk about it.

It's like everyone kept constantly forgetting that he was stranded on an Island for 5 years. The healing process takes time. He's not gonna open up and start sharing after he's only been back a few months.

I hope they don't keep him constantly angry forever. I want to eventually see him just working as a mercenary, taking on high profile contracts. I don't want him to constantly go after Oliver.

Manu basically said the same thing himself.

Since he has chosen to come back I like to think he pre-approved of the script.

This is much worse than that. At least with Lionel the idea was that he was seeking some measure of redemption. Heck he died because he was protecting Clark's secret. Malcolm, IDK what they're doing with him anymore. He was a layered/dimensioned villain back in S1 that you could understand and even sympathize with to a degree. Here, they've removed all of that dimension and he doesn't seem to really have much of a purpose. It's not Barrowman's fault, he's still really entertaining to watch. But it honestly feels like the showrunners saw how popular he was, wanted to bring him back, but hadn't fully thought it through. So now they're floundering around trying to give him something to do.

This is so true.

Heck, I still think "The Magician" is now a wreck thanks to the developments of "The Climb".

They (the writers) placed so much effort into trying to make Malcom look innocent in "The Magician", with Oliver being presented as having believed in him due to his (Malcom's) love for Thea. We even saw on how Ra's never really cared about Sara and was only out to kill Malcom because of his actions with the Glades.

Now, come "The Climb", Ra's is portrayed in wanting to get vengeance for Sara's death (with no mention of Malcom's past sins as being the main reason), and Malcom is suddenly portrayed as being the one that orchestrated Sara's death which Oliver is now easily able to believe.

oh come on the team won't work with Malcolm. There is probably some way to stop Malcolm in some capacity.......a press release give too little away.....wait and see...

Yeah everyone was getting on Oliver in the first season except Walter. Some of it he deserved cause he was a jerk at times. He was so worried about being out as the Arrow he over did it.

Speaking of Walter, whatever happened to him?

Speaking of Walter, whatever happened to him?

He apparently left Starling City; the actor said that he was done with the role.

Honestly, I feel like this season would have been better if...

1. Ra's was the one revealed to be Sara's Killer.

2. We actually saw Brandon doing "field testings" of the Atom suit in the first half of the season.

3. No love triangle crap

4. Thea becoming more ruthless and not going back to her Club Owner Days

5. Malcom fighting to regain control over the city from the shadows

6. Team Arrow and Argus working together, but under Oliver's terms... thus mirroring on how things are different in the present compared to when Oliver was forced to work for Amanda

7. Laurel struggling with which way is the best route to obtain justice; through means of her job as a DA or becoming a vigilante herself

I think some of the element can be incorporated into second half like Laurel struggling.....less to nothing love triangle, Team Arrow and Argus work together temporary because of LOA threat

He apparently left Starling City; the actor said that he was done with the role.

Honestly, I feel like this season would have been better if...

1. Ra's was the one revealed to be Sara's Killer.

2. We actually saw Brandon doing "field testings" of the Atom suit in the first half of the season.

3. No love triangle crap

4. Thea becoming more ruthless and not going back to her Club Owner Days

5. Malcom fighting to regain control over the city from the shadows

6. Team Arrow and Argus working together, but under Oliver's terms... thus mirroring on how things are different in the present compared to when Oliver was forced to work for Amanda

7. Laurel struggling with which way is the best route to obtain justice; through means of her job as a DA or becoming a vigilante herself

Ra's killing Sara with a surprise attack and a bow is extremely lame and so un Ra's.

Next season they should adapt Identity Crisis from the comics, it's a easy/interesting/powerful storyline for them to adapt.

And from the sound of it, they were planning on making Ted into Laurels love interest before the actor jumped ship to another show.

What's wrong with an assassin using surprise attacks?

If it's almost anyone else that's ok but not Ra's. This version seems to live by his own Bushido and that requires honorable combat for kills.

And from the sound of it, they were planning on making Ted into Laurels love interest before the actor jumped ship to another show.

Wait, what? He left Arrow already?

Next season they should adapt Identity Crisis from the comics, it's a easy/interesting/powerful storyline for them to adapt.

I always liked older Ted's being Dinah's father figure

I don't know about you guys, but I definitely enjoy the upgrades to the suit...

uNLZUAE.jpg

O5Gy5oA.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"