Arrow Arrow General Discussion Thread - - - Part 17

Status
Not open for further replies.
seem to me he now cares a lot of extra Flechette (Darts) with him........could use a crossbow as a secondary weapon

I don't know about you guys, but I definitely enjoy the upgrades to the suit...

uNLZUAE.jpg

O5Gy5oA.jpg

Just so that people can see it on the new page as well.

seem to me he now cares a lot of extra Flechette (Darts) with him........could use a crossbow as a secondary weapon

Indeed; which is ironically the same thing that the previous Green Arrow (from Smallville) cared about as well. Though in his case it was more extreme. As far as we saw, he only ever carried three regular sized arrows in the back of his quiver, only using them for "big" things and preferred to use his crossbow for most of the time instead.

if I recall correctly I believe Malcolm will get a upgrade on his dark archer suit likely something different from the one that is quite similar worn by the LOA....

In season 1 I remember Oliver doing some narrative about "The List" We see his thoughts while he his creating his arrows or looking at something I like to see that again...there something about that has not been done

oh I see you all found the concept & upgrades art.

I saw it over the week from CBM here:

And found this within it.

Boxing Glove ARROW Concept Art; Plus Costume Upgrades

Hit the jump to check out some marvelous concept art that conceptual illustrator Andy Poon designed for The CW Television Network's comic book-based television series, Arrow. Featuring designs for the awesome boxing glove arrow tip! http://www.**************.com/fansites/nailbiter111/news/?a=113748
!
Next season they should adapt Identity Crisis from the comics, it's a easy/interesting/powerful storyline for them to adapt.

And from the sound of it, they were planning on making Ted into Laurels love interest before the actor jumped ship to another show.

yeah I don't want to say I'm a against that. But it's a bit too played out these day's, if they made Ted younger just so he'd should be used just for that .... the I don't think it was the best of moves to do this is why the most people don't like some certain relation ship's of late everyone some protagonists meets has to hook up with them . there are some people that should just remain friends . be side this just a weird spin on the fact that Ted was sorta the lover of Dina's mother who was the first canary or syrin with in the books, which I & most people remember after her mom was o her death bet she left Diana (Laural ) in the care of ted . technically he should be a step dad or almost be came that. well foster daddy. lol they should had one of the older MMA fighter's that still fit and still head's to the ring or used to (retired) but own's a training gym & has acting experience if that was the case .

one closer to Laural's dad's age since they are divorce & all . cause to the mentor student relation ship is better then another throw in romance. Laraul should be focused on that alone for the betterment of her development.

That being said it's likely to happen. but it'll be like every female character has to hook up with Oliver & at times it's becoming a bit too much there. like with huntress & the bank hostage event & people fan base wise were on his case about that cause they sensed weird lingering feeling besides regret when him Sara sorta were together at that time too.

Last edited:
Truthfully, I didn't even notice the changes to the suit.

Poon's post...

http://andypoondesign.blogspot.com/2015/01/arrow-gets-some-slight-upgrade.html

Back in December, CW had a super awesome crossover event in the 8th episode of Arrow and Flash. During the Arrow episode, Oliver got some little upgrades to his suit. The 2 concepts above probably gives a little better look at the modifications. The strap for the quiver is more like a bandolier now that holds special trick arrow tips. There are flechette holders added to his left arm, lower back and his thighs. 2 seams were added at the lower front of jacket which makes it feel abit more like the lines of the abs which we all know Oliver Queen has, but also for the new jacket belt to loop through that holds 2 side pouches.
Now here is the fun one, below is a 'blooper version' which I added a green boxing glove on the bandolier with the other trick arrow tips as a homage to the classic boxing glove arrow. The awesome thing is that they actually figured a really smart way to create the classic boxing glove arrow in one of the episodes in season 3! I wonder if they saw the blooper illustration and got some ideas.
More cool things to come!

None of the changes are super noticeable to me, which actually makes me happy. Small changes are cool, but I love the look of the suit already and was hoping they wouldn't change it too much.

Did Oliver always have those pouches on his belt?

The ted grant actor jumped ship?

Remember Sara from the pilot

tumblr_mbrik9MJk21rd2bsio1_12801.png
oh it's the whole "we'll over look it's a different actor" yeah I meant the "aging suddenly" thing lol which is a bit harder to do. But , ok we'll have to do it even harder in this case.

It's still gonna be messed up. but I rather Ted be Laraul's dad's age. and I don't want him banging her . him as her teacher is enough. as I said up top she should focused on being the Black Canary & becoming better likeable character before any romance. If she get's romance after all that, let it be a new character for a bit like that female cop that dated Oliver for a while befor the actress had to leave. et a male made for the show character for her. but fix the problem with Laural first & for most, Make us like her as the Black Canary & over all.

Last edited:
So either we've seen the last of Ted Grant, or they'll have to recast him?

Wait. They said he was already a regular on another show. He managed to be a part of Arrow anyway. What's changed with regards to that which requires a recast?

That being said, I think his role is done. I'm not sure anything else is needed.

hmm there's still a lot of training she need's kinda hard to say he's done seeing he was a former vigilante & all. There's still alot they can do with the character. but he can be missing (better word to say is off screen) for a bit til they find some one else.

But yeah Black Canary has had more then one teacher. but the same can be said with Roy /Arsenal of which he'll have to be trained agent sarge steel at some point who did for Roy what Oliver couldn't. made him better in the books as hero & over all.

Last edited:
So, I was thinking back to when I was first introduced to Arrow. This video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIVGPEGIHyI

Was the first time I saw any part of the show (it also inspired my username). So then I went and tracked down the actual scene, sans lightsabers and blaster bolts, because I had no idea what Oliver was using as his weapons. I thought, this is a show about a guy with a bow and arrow, is he using swords? Of course, he was actually using Sara's staff in its separated stick form, but I didn't know that at the time. Once I actually tracked down the video of the actual fight, I realized they were some kind of sticks (I figured–semi-correctly–that he used them for training). But since I'd never watched the show before, this somehow led me to believe that the guy using the sticks was not the Green Arrow himself, but some guy on his team. It was only after watching the first episode of the show that it made sense to me.

But this misconception came about because I had heard things about "Team Arrow," and so I assumed this guy who used sticks in combat was just another member of the Green Arrow's team–Speedy, maybe? Little did I know. :oldrazz:

ARE LAUREL AND FELICITY ON THE CUSP OF FRIENDSHIP? | If only because the former is poised to join the costumed brigade, as the new Canary? “I would say they’re definitely friendly,” Guggenheim answers. “Are they on their way toward becoming friends? We’ll see what’s organic and feels right. Part of the fun of watching these two characters interact right now is they don’t have this background of friendship to fall back on. All they really have is this common denominator in Oliver, and in Oliver’s crusade. So watching that relationship slowly unfold and build naturally — with all of its awkwardness, where Felicity’s like, ‘Am I out of line by saying this? Am I out of line by saying that?’ — is really fun and interesting, especially to watch Emily [Bett Rickards] play it because she always brings such an authenticity to those sorts of moments.”

I think these two having awkward scenes together starting out will be hilarous.

AMELL: We just saw him fall. We’ve seen Oliver survive. So, [we don’t know] whether he went straight off the cliff, whether something broke his fall, whether he hit the ground. We have mystical herbs on the show that have healing powers. We’ve seen a Lazarus Pit, although that’s not something that’s going to be used for Oliver.

http://collider.com/stephen-amell-arrow-interview-tca/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"