Arrow General Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - - Part 24

Discussion in 'Arrow' started by Thread Manager, Feb 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mike Murdock Registered

I'm fine with making him a villain again. My complaints about Malcolm Merlyn is when they don't make him a villain. During those times, the writers don't seem to know what to do with him. Having the series end how it began with Merlyn would be fine with me, if they come up with a clever way for it to work. I actually thought making him Ra's was a good idea for that reason but they only rarely developed that.

So he doesn't have to die this season as long as Ollie's goal by the end will be to stop him.

2. BlueLanternKal Super-Lex

Meh, I like Malcolm because he's a wild card. Trying to kill you one minute, saving you the next.

I don't think Merlyn as Ra's should have been developed so much as the League itself and the role they play outside of Oliver's purview. Malcolm damn near has a heart attack when the LoA is destroyed. Is it because he's a selfish dick or because he actually wasn't lying?

3. DeadFan Registered

S3 villain Nable!Ras' didn't work for me

4. SpideyVille Walking out the Desert

I really hope it's not to prep us for his death. :(

5. Slade W "Who Is Slade?"

Me too. Lance would be a big, big loss IMO.

6. Slade W "Who Is Slade?"

I am the opposite. Nable did a very good job and Ra's was a great villain IMO. He is my 2nd favourite villain after Slade.

7. DeadFan Registered

Slade was my favorite. I've liked Malcolm on and off as a villain. Also like Darhk, so I guess I agree with you that generally they do a good job with the villains. If anything I sometimes wish the villains got more airtime

8. Slade W "Who Is Slade?"

Apart from with Slade, who as far as I remember, they gave lots of screen time to, I think they want to give us little scenes with the villains here and there, to leave us wanting more (ie to find out more about the villain and what their plan is). That worked with Merlyn in season 1 and with Darhk so far, but they overdid it with Ra's IMO and gave us too little, until the end when it was too late. It worked for me personally, because I felt that Nable made the most of his scenes.

9. DeadFan Registered

that may very well have been why the character didn't work as well for me as some of the other villains. As far as Nable goes as an actor, I think he's very fine and talented actor -- no complaints from me there

10. Batsfan1 Registered

Writing quality isn't an opinion. What we like and find enjoyable is.

God bless you! God bless everyone!

11. Arrowshieldfan Registered

Stardust crash Stephen Amell panel at Dallas Comic Con (today)

[YT]ZUCLMrG-fwM[/YT]

On twitter, it been mention Felicity/Oliver "breakup" won't be over William

12. Slade W "Who Is Slade?"

Well, that really depends, but a lot of the time it is opinion. What I may consider to be smart and good writing, someone else may consider to be silly, bad or lazy writing.

#112 Slade W, Feb 14, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2016
  13. Gintoki Registered

After Slade Wilson, Malcolm is the only interesting villain.

Ra's al ghul is also good, but nowhere near as interesting as the two above.

As for Damien Darhk, the actor, Neal McDonough is portraying the character well, but I'm not satisfied with the villain. The actor is fine, but the writing for the character isn't that interesting. The Arrow writers really hyped him up how awesome he will be, and ruthless like Slade, but i see no such trait in his character. I hope the writers suddenly make him interesting, hopefully in 4x15? Because the character hasn't been that impressive.

14. Primal Slayer Let the Siren scream

Speedy!Thea and Green Arrow are getting Funkos. Still no new Black Canary!Laurel funko or new Diggle.

15. Slade W "Who Is Slade?"

I will be gutted if they do not make a Raisa one. Absolutely gutted.

16. Arrowshieldfan Registered

Speedy finally get a funko is nice!

I think the mayor debate is the best chance at Oliver Queen view on mask heroes fighting crime alongside the police force.

17. Slade W "Who Is Slade?"

How many people here collect Funkos? I am probably the only person that doesn't.

18. Primal Slayer Let the Siren scream

I'm not a big collector but I have a few.

19. Arrowshieldfan Registered

I don't have any Funko maybe in the future. It would be even better if they were signed if possible

20. Slade W "Who Is Slade?"

If I found a Slade/Deathstroke one, I would consider getting it.

21. HighFivingMF Welp.

I have a few I got as gifts: Classic Flash, Tom Hardy Bane, Gordon and Bullock from Gotham.

I bought ones for Michael Myers from Halloween and Sam from Trick 'R Treat.

I also got myself Arrow, The Flash, Deathstroke and my boy Captain Cold from the CW shows. I have Zod and the BvS ones on order.

22. Slade W "Who Is Slade?"

23. SpideyVille Walking out the Desert

[​IMG]

Those are the only ones I have. I'm considering getting a Canary one, but I'm waiting to see if they release for Laurel's Black Canary first. I don't normally collect toys or figures, and I'm trying not to get too hooked on them because I know I'll end up spending loads of money on them. But I'm glad to here Speedy is getting one.

24. Arrowshieldfan Registered

Do you buy the Funko online or in a store. I have no idea where they may be available in Canada

25. SpideyVille Walking out the Desert

I buy them from Amazon, because more often than not, they're about $8-10, whereas in store like Target, Barnes and Noble, or Hot Topic, they might sell them around $12-15. Noit to mention, most stores have more generic pop culture figures, as opposed to comics specific, unless you go to a comic shop that sells them.

The older ones are a little hard to get so third party sellers might sell them for more. I had wanted to get my ex a Raven from Teen Titans figure because that was her favorite character, but the cheapest I saw that one was around $50, and even though the price had dropped sporadically, the lowest it ever got was $25, which I just feel is too much to pay for these.

But I'm not sure how the conversion rate works in Canada. I just checked their Amazon site and the prices seem to be higher there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.