Arrow General Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - - Part 24

Discussion in 'Arrow' started by Thread Manager, Feb 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boy Scout Registered

I don't. I think they're really cool, but I don't like the idea of buying something just so it can sit on my shelf.

2. famicommander Registered

Never really went for the figures or decorations. I'd rather spend that money on video games, comics, books, movies, music, TV box sets, etc. Stuff I actually use. I don't think I own anything purely for aesthetic value.

3. Primal Slayer Let the Siren scream

Some villains I need them to introduce in S5:

Red Dart:
    [​IMG]
    http://comicvine.gamespot.com/red-dart/4005-74551/

Prometheus:
    [​IMG]
    http://comicvine.gamespot.com/prometheus/4005-22784/

This entire family:
    [​IMG]

Twelve Brothers in Silk:
    [​IMG]
    Creote and Savant:
    [​IMG]
    KGB assassins

4. Arrowshieldfan Registered

I would also add some actual Green Arrow Villain Richard Dragon (New 52 version) and Constantine Drakon (the real one like they had two Weather Wizard) who could be next season villain/bodyguard to the big bad.

Creote and Savant would be perfect alongside KGBeast as his main enforcers in the present day or past?

5. BlueLanternKal Super-Lex

Richard Dragon and Lady Shiva are long overdue for this show.

6. Slade W "Who Is Slade?"

I would love to see Lady Shiva on the show.

7. BlueLanternKal Super-Lex

Only if she remains unbeatable. If they do to her what they did to Slade forget it. Other than Karate Kid (who would be a cool Legion of Superheroes cameo for LoT) she is DC's best hand to hand.

She could be Oliver's final master in the flashbacks next season. Or create a rivalry between Richard Dragon and Shiva. Or a rivalry between Oliver and Dragon with Shiva as their master. So many directions they can go in with those two characters.

8. Slade W "Who Is Slade?"

Laurel/Black Canary needs a villain. Oliver has loads, Felicity has Calculator and Cooper Seldon, Diggle has had Deadshot and his brother, Thea now has Anarky. Who should Laurel's villain/rival be? Should they introduce a new character or use one that has already been on the show? I would have liked to have seen her go up against Nyssa. Nyssa needed no introduction and is respected as a fighter and character. If they had Nyssa beat Laurel in a fight, but Laurel come back and beat her in their 2nd fight in a similar manner to Oliver and Ra's (perhaps after doing intense training with Oliver), that would have been a fun storyline, and would been a good way to establish Laurel as one of the most formidable fighters on the show. It seems that they did not want to go that way, despite Laurel and Nyssa having an argument in regards to Sara.

#133 Slade W, Feb 15, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2016
  9. Slade W "Who Is Slade?"

That's interesting. She does seem like a character that Oliver would meet in the flashbacks.

10. BlueLanternKal Super-Lex

Laurel doesn’t need a villain. She needs a story arc. If it were up to me Mayor Queen gets kidnapped next season for a couple of episodes.

Digg and Thea stay behind to protect Star City. And Laurel travels the world doing the detective work. Starts off with help from ARGUS and follows leads from Nyssa and Tatsu (BoP?). Finds and breaks out Oliver. She takes the villain of that arc down one on one. Black Canary is badass.

11. SpideyVille Walking out the Desert

One could argue that Brick was her villain last season. But I agree, she just needs her own arc in general. The best forms of story-telling in shows like this are when each member of a team has their own storylines that eventually converge by the end.

Drug addiction aside, her arc was well done in season 2, in the sense that she got the drop on Sebastien Blood before anyone else, and she played a key role in bringing him down and exposing him.

12. Arrowshieldfan Registered

Well there was a potential storyline for Laurel with Darhk men following her and perhaps order to kill her because of Lance betrayal. This could set up a mini stalker arc that she deal with alone

Here the Dallas Comic Con panel a bit of teaser for future episode

[YT]kjibcH-lvHE[/YT]

#137 Arrowshieldfan, Feb 15, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2016
  13. BlueLanternKal Super-Lex

Stalker... lol nah man. Sounds like a way to make her more unlikable to haters.

Besides, she fights the putty patrol on a weekly basis. Time for graduation.

She needs to convincingly and proactively save the day. Otherwise it's just business as usual.

14. Slade W "Who Is Slade?"

I agree that a good story arc would be better and more important for her, but in the end, it would be nice to cap it off with her overcoming an obstacle of some sort, and the best obstacle I can think of is her own personal villain, which hopefully she can overcome using her own skills, without requiring much help. This would prove that she is without a doubt a force to be reckoned with and that she is a valuable and very important member to the team.

15. Batsfan1 Registered

She more needs a character arc this season.
    I don't know why that would make her more unlikable?

God bless you! God bless everyone!

16. Arrowshieldfan Registered

Laurel is still a DA. I sure we could see something in her civilian life that links to nightly activities. It could be the opposite that she can't stop someone with a mask but use the court. I guess we are going to see that in episode 16

17. Primal Slayer Let the Siren scream

Giving her a villain would give her a story arc.

Having whoever DD hired to stalk her would be a great way to give her, her own villain that is tied to the overall story. This person is suppose to be keeping tabs on her part of the day, if they are working for DD, they most likely aren't in the rightest of minds so it transforming into an obsession would work perfectly.

Even doing a big storyline where a bunch of villains break out of jail would/should be a big thing for her as it would be for Green Arrow except Laurel would be more in direct danger since she is face2face with them as Laurel Lance, even that would be a high stakes storyline.

18. Arrowshieldfan Registered

Well according to Stephen from the Dallas comic con. Villains from the past will return so a possible jail break? a small arc for Laurel possible being target for prosecuting them?

19. Omegabat Registered

Prometheus needs to stay as far away from this show as possible,he's not a Green Arrow character and he would make an excellent villain in an upcoming Batman movie.
    Shiva too would just job to Malcolm and Oliver. Nyssa was more or less Talia meets Shiva.

20. Slade W "Who Is Slade?"

If MOS is anything to go by, those characters would be better off on Arrow. Lets wait to see how BvS does first before we talk about anyone making an "excellent" villain in any of those films. "Excellent" is not a word that I would use to describe anything in MOS.

#145 Slade W, Feb 16, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2016
  21. Slade W "Who Is Slade?"

When they inevitably reveal more to us about Damien Darhk's past, if they are going to do flashbacks, is there anything in particular that people want to see? Personally, I would love to see him during his time in the LOA and his interactions with Ra's. I would especially like to see the moment where Ra's had the chance to kill him, but did not. Him leaving the LOA with water from the pit would be fun to see too.

22. xXCosmicCutieXx Registered

"You have been chosen to save this city!" Help!
    So, I just recently bought the Fiance a Green Arrow costume and had it tailored to him so they will be shipping it out soon. Before it gets shipped I need your help! It is a surprise as I am guessing you already knew. I have decided to ask the company to put a mysterious note in the package. I know i want it to read "You have been chosen to save this city!" But i would also like to add more detail, Make it seem more real. Does anyone have any suggestions? I was aiming for a scroll/Old textured paper. But what else should it say? Should I include some kind of a symbol or picture?? This means the world to me because it is going to make his. I just don't really know much about the Character or the background. I know he is really into comics so maybe something from the older comics? Im not sure... Lol... So as i said in the title... Help!

23. Slade W "Who Is Slade?"

Maybe mention something about him having to undergo a crucible or something lol. The show sure likes to hammer home the point that you must suffer or go through your own "island", before you put on a costume, maybe mention something like that. Jokingly, of course. We don't want to make the poor guy suffer too badly, now do we.

24. xXCosmicCutieXx Registered

Haha Definitely not! ;)
    What do you think about some kind of mark or image to add into the letter like maybe something with team arrow?
    I honestly dont know. Lol. Literally all i have right now is The whole you have been chosen to save this city.

25. Slade W "Who Is Slade?"

IDK, maybe the arrow symbol that is shown during the shows opening? It changes every season though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.