Arrow Arrow General Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - - Part 24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arrow 1x15 Taken Promo
[YT]3sbSuK41iWI[/YT]

Enter Vixen!!

It's a shame that the show's writing has been usurped by tumblr shipping fangirls. I remember when Arrow used to be a gritty Action/Crime Drama. If it weren't for some of the fight scenes I would have given up.

It's a shame that the show's writing has been usurped by tumblr shipping fangirls. I remember when Arrow used to be a gritty Action/Crime Drama. If it weren't for some of the fight scenes I would have given up.
I mentioned this in the episode thread, but I've noticed on shows like Flash and Arrow, there are a majority of episodes that are filler, where nothing really happens and the over-arcing threat is suddenly missing.

Tonight was an example of a good episode, where there is drama building throughout and it culminates in something at the end of the episode, with another little bit of tease for the next episode. the problem is, more often than not, that tease of a bigger story ends up getting pushed to the side for a few episodes.

I generally prefer Arrow over Flash, even though Flash does more in terms of comic book stuff, but neither compares to what Arrow did in season 1 and 2, where the majority of the episodes felt like they mattered, and you couldn't finish an episode without wanting to see the next one. I really hope as the season is coming to the final half, that we don't continue to see one good episode out of every 4 or 5. I really hope that now that all the Legends stuff is out the way, they can focus on some strong story arcs and scenes for each show.

biggest lie is the show writing by tumblr what a big lie just to trash Felicity......might as well stop watching if you just going to trash the show

biggest lie is the show writing by tumblr what a big lie just to trash Felicity......might as well stop watching if you just going to trash the show

Lol you are pretty delusional if you think the OLICITY shippers had nothing to do with the direction the show has gone.

Oliver loved Laurel the entire damn time until people started really digging Felicity's character... then they decided to change her completely and made a lot of people who originally liked her not like her at all.

I swear some people forget how superior season 1 and most of 2 were compared to the past 2 seasons.

Oliver hasn't really had an interest with Laurel since the first season.

i guess i got confused when he use felicity as bait in the season 2 final episodes... since Laurel was the one he loved the most at that point... he then randomly meant it in season 3 :o

I wasn't trashing the show. I think a majority of people would agree that Felicity is basically the main character now.

Lol you are pretty delusional if you think the OLICITY shippers had nothing to do with the direction the show has gone.

Oliver loved Laurel the entire damn time until people started really digging Felicity's character... then they decided to change her completely and made a lot of people who originally liked her not like her at all.

I swear some people forget how superior season 1 and most of 2 were compared to the past 2 seasons.

Thank you Reek.

No one is trashing anything. They're devoting 1/3 of every episode to an auxiliary character who is only popular with a vocal minority of fans. It's been weighing the show down and it's nothing but filler.

When episodes have to juggle 3 arcs every week and every week I get the urge to change the channel when the "Felicity arc" is on, it means there's a problem.

Arrow wouldn't be having this problem if tumblr wasn't a thing.

There was probably 5-8 minutes dedicated to Darhk who's the season's villain. And this was probably the most HIVE-centric episode since the winter break.

If you want a repeat of season 3 knock yourself out. Just don’t expect too many people to hang around this part of the forums. I used to remember when these weekly threads used to break 15 pages of discussion easy when I lurked. Now they're barely breaking 7. That speaks for itself.

I wasn't trashing the show. I think a majority of people would agree that Felicity is basically the main character now.

HUtxF7P.jpg

:hehe:

Arrow 1x15 Taken Promo
[YT]3sbSuK41iWI[/YT]

Enter Vixen!!

I can't wait for this, and when you need someone hunted down. There probably isn't a better character than a woman who can take on the animal spirit of the greatest hunters in the animal kingdom.

i guess i got confused when he use felicity as bait in the season 2 final episodes... since Laurel was the one he loved the most at that point... he then randomly meant it in season 3 :o
THIS.

I understand Slade taking Laurel, because he knew about her from the island. But then Oliver used Felicity as the decoy so he could get the upper hand. The implication halfway through that season was Felicity was in love with him, which was shown in how pissed she got when he slept with the chick in Russia. But Ollie was completely oblivious to her feelings and never reciprocated them. So that final moment was a tease to Olicity fans, who have been around since the start of season 2.

It's no coincidence that as soon as Kreisberg and Bertlanti left to focus on The Flash, and the Supergirl and Legends, that Guggenheim decided to just throw Olicity there as if it were an established thing. Showing it develop in a comic that nobody reads is a really lousy job, and it's very clear that he was the weaker of the three original producers because the show has definitely declined in quality over the past two seasons, whereas Flash was amazing and Legends is pretty solid so far.

I am fine with Olicity for the most part and ok with L/O being friends but it is weird how Oliver is able to move on from his feelings for Laurel sooo fast during S2 after her breakdown while she spent all of S1 fighting her feelings for him after how horribly he had treated her.

That's part of the problem. The emphasis on feelings. I'm for the GA+BC pairing. But if it only results in swapping Laurel for Felicity and the emphasis on "feelings" remain then I'd rather that not happen.

Basically I want the show to go back to it's rooftop ass-kicking roots.

All this soap opera ******** is annoying. Your main demographic doesn't give a **** about what type of cake or what color dress Felicity wants for her wedding.

Thank you Reek.

No one is trashing anything. They're devoting 1/3 of every episode to an auxiliary character who is only popular with a vocal minority of fans. It's been weighing the show down and it's nothing but filler.

When episodes have to juggle 3 arcs every week and every week I get the urge to change the channel when the "Felicity arc" is on, it means there's a problem.

Arrow wouldn't be having this problem if tumblr wasn't a thing.

There was probably 5-8 minutes dedicated to Darhk who's the season's villain. And this was probably the most HIVE-centric episode since the winter break.

If you want a repeat of season 3 knock yourself out. Just don’t expect too many people to hang around this part of the forums. I used to remember when these weekly threads used to break 15 pages of discussion easy when I lurked. Now they're barely breaking 7. That speaks for itself.

THIS.

I understand Slade taking Laurel, because he knew about her from the island. But then Oliver used Felicity as the decoy so he could get the upper hand. The implication halfway through that season was Felicity was in love with him, which was shown in how pissed she got when he slept with the chick in Russia. But Ollie was completely oblivious to her feelings and never reciprocated them. So that final moment was a tease to Olicity fans, who have been around since the start of season 2.

It's no coincidence that as soon as Kreisberg and Bertlanti left to focus on The Flash, and the Supergirl and Legends, that Guggenheim decided to just throw Olicity there as if it were an established thing. Showing it develop in a comic that nobody reads is a really lousy job, and it's very clear that he was the weaker of the three original producers because the show has definitely declined in quality over the past two seasons, whereas Flash was amazing and Legends is pretty solid so far.

Guys, please stop posting logic... Remember, we are supposed to be bashing Felicity for the fun of it, not with legit reasons!

Speaking of the anti-Olicity, could next week's ep be the end of Olicity? You know it's coming, since the flash forward at the grave, neither are wearing their rings.

Olicity should have ended at the end of season 3... hell it took diggle (probably the person who SHOULD have understood olivers deception the most) weeks to forgive him, yet Felicity jumped right in and moved to the suburbs lol.

Honestly, if the William is the one to die and Felicity still decides to break up with Oliver because of the secret during that same period, then Felicity shouldn't be considered as a decent human being anymore.

I honestly can't take anyone seriously if they still think that Felicity is right to be pissed off at Oliver and break up with him when his Son is dead.

Honestly, if the William is the one to die and Felicity still decides to break up with Oliver because of the secret during that same period, then Felicity shouldn't be considered as a decent human being anymore.

I honestly can't take anyone seriously if they still think that Felicity is right to be pissed off at Oliver and break up with him when his Son is dead.

They won't break up because of William. According to Amell, the whole secret kid thing will be behavior like adult and professional

They won't break up because of William. According to Amell, the whole secret kid thing will be behavior like adult and professional

So pretty much the opposite of Felicity's reaction to it in the crossover episode.

So pretty much the opposite of Felicity's reaction to it in the crossover episode.

yep very adult and probably serious about the matter. So I guess there won't be any drama really

I hope so. It's not going to do anyone any favors if they go down the CW soap opera route with the discovery of William if he's the one to bite the bullet, which would already be dark in itself (no pun intended).

add to it shes the only one visually upset about it in the limo... which makes me think its not william.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"