Arrow Arrow General Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 27

Status
Not open for further replies.
So word is that some idiot fan actually gave Stephen Amell a hard headbutt upon meeting in person, saying that they wanted to fight the Green Arrow.:whatever:

If that's true...I would've beat that guy's ass if I were Amell.

It is true, Amell was the one who posted about it and shared a pic of his face bruised.

I'm surprised that Amell was able to hold his cool given that he almost got into a fight at one of the last cons He/Katie appeared at together.

It is true, Amell was the one who posted about it and shared a pic of his face bruised.

I'm surprised that Amell was able to hold his cool given that he almost got into a fight at one of the last cons He/Katie appeared at together.

With who and what happened? I cannot find anything about this.

Crazy! I can just imagine his expression. I bet it looked a lot like...

tumblr_inline_nnnx42jDLf1shrb8p_500.gif

:woot:

I have looked, but have been unable to find anything. I never heard about Amell almost getting into a fight at a con before.

I'm pretty sure he FBed about it or insta'd but he thanked Katie for keeping him in check.

I'm pretty sure he FBed about it or insta'd but he thanked Katie for keeping him in check.

Yeah I remember that too, but I think it might've been at an airport after a 'Con (may be wrong, though).

Yeah it was an airport and not a con now that i look it up
kascjb.jpg

So has this season improved any? I fell off about halfway through the last season and couldn't manage to return to it. I was reading Amell talking about returning Arrow to it's more street-level focused crime, which I wouldn't be opposed to. But has the writing improved at all?

So has this season improved any? I fell off about halfway through the last season and couldn't manage to return to it. I was reading Amell talking about returning Arrow to it's more street-level focused crime, which I wouldn't be opposed to. But has the writing improved at all?

In my opinion it has for the moment, this season is the most interesting the show has been to me since season 2.

Arrowverse's Justice League would be Superman, Flash, Martian Manhunter, Green Arrow, Black Canary, Atom, Vixen Mari McCabe, Supergirl, and Red Tornado.

Should a modern-day Justice Society of America form, it would include Citizen Steel, Flash Jay Garrick, Jesse Quick, Wildcat, Hawkman, and Hawkgirl.

Teen Titans/ Young Justice would be Kid Flash, Speedy, Arsenal, and Miss Martian.

Yes, bring them all on!

I will point out though that they are out of sequence. It should be Superman, Supergirl, and then Flash and et al...

Just saying.:woot:

I am not sure I like the 100th episode being a crossover one. I hope the Arrow characters get plenty of focus.

Absolutely. I thought most of season 3 was meh and a chore to watch and then about halfway through season 4 I stopped all together.
But I think I'm even enjoying this season as well as the first two.

The only thing I liked about season 3 was Katana and that she, Black Canary, Atom, Diggle, Felicity, and Malcolm Merlyn were fighting the League of Assassins together. I also liked the season finale where Thea became Speedy.

TBH, rewatching through S3, I don't think it's that bad. *dodges thrown objects*

No, hear me out. Yes, there was a lot of angst and Oliver was actively a turd in almost every episode after E9 (the Climb). But the whole point of the season is the division between Oliver Queen and the Arrow, and that he's becoming more the Arrow and less Oliver all the time, hence his continual descent into being even more of a jerk; he's always in "Arrow mode." It's made apparent in the first episode, loud and clear, when he outright states that he chooses to be the Arrow rather than to be Oliver. Then in the Flash crossover, he outright states this to Barry, and Barry helps him recover a little bit of his Oliver-ness. Then he dies, and when he comes back he's almost 100% the Arrow with little to no Oliver Queen in him. It just continues in a constant downward spiral until the season finale, which it titled–guess what?–"My Name is Oliver Queen." In that episode he chooses to put the Arrow aside and be Oliver Queen again. So I have to say, it's a really powerful theme. Was it as good as S1 and S2? No, not quite. But I think that people give S3 a lot more flak than it deserves. It's got an awesome theme to the story and it follows through with it consistently and well. It's got its problems: the relationship angst, the cop-out reason for Oliver surviving The Climb, certain other issues. But really, it's a good season. Not great, certainly, but still better than average. S4 barely batted average, except its couple of really good episodes. So I'm gonna have to defend S3 for having its crap together, at least.

Outside of the forced Olicity drama, the thing that made season 3 "bad" was the fact that it was a complete Batman arc. Sara's death instantly became meaningless for Oliver and everything just seemed to go backwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"