Arrow Arrow General Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 28

I am further inclined to disagree with Stephen there. A feature film on the Green Arrow character (in or outside of the DCEU) doesn't remotely need to involve Thea, Diggle or Sara at all.

So long as Oliver Queen & Laurel Lance are present, that's genuinely all that's really going to matter.

I don't know, I actually agree with him, to an extent. I am sure there are many casual viewers of this show who have never read a Green Arrow comic, but who would gladly go see a Green Arrow movie because they follow this show. Those viewers would probably expect at least to see Diggle and/or Felicity. Would a movie also need to include Sara or Quentin or some of the other OCs? Nah, but I'd expect that fans might anticipate some show characters, at least.

Besides, Diggle and Felicity have already been introduced in some of the Green Arrow comics, so they are a part of his lore now. As for Thea, she could still be included, but just as Mia Dearden as in the comics, not as his sister. Maybe even change her name to "Thea Dearden." But I don't think it's unreasonable that filmmakers might take the show's characters into account when planning the movie. Do they have to? No, but I could see them doing it.

Heck, maybe even go the comics route and introduce Tommy Merlyn, but have him be the Dark Archer. Have Oliver suspecting Tommy's father for the whole movie and then it turns out it's actually Tommy.

But I do think that, somewhere or somehow, some aspects of the show's interpretation almost have to show up. In my opinion, this show has been a huge influence on the general audience's understanding of who the Green Arrow is. I have multiple family members and friends who would've never even heard of him if not for this show. It's been a great tool for introducing Oliver Queen to people who don't read comic books, so I feel like it would be wise to at least look at making some references to the show with a movie.

Heck, I don't know that this is why, but in the DCEU, Iris West is being played by Kiersey Clemons. Traditionally, in the comics, Iris is a white woman. But perhaps Clemons was cast because the general audience is now used to a black Iris thanks to The Flash. I could be wrong, but it's also a possibility. So maybe it's not unreasonable that the CW shows might at least partially influence filmmakers in the future.

I don't know, I actually agree with him, to an extent. I am sure there are many casual viewers of this show who have never read a Green Arrow comic, but who would gladly go see a Green Arrow movie because they follow this show. Those viewers would probably expect at least to see Diggle and/or Felicity. Would a movie also need to include Sara or Quentin or some of the other OCs? Nah, but I'd expect that fans might anticipate some show characters, at least.
By that logic, the Flash solo film is going to need a Harrison Wells and Cisco - and not to mention Joe (who I don't believe even exists in the comics?) I can practically bet that isn't going to be the case.

Heck, I don't know that this is why, but in the DCEU, Iris West is being played by Kiersey Clemons. Traditionally, in the comics, Iris is a white woman. But perhaps Clemons was cast because the general audience is now used to a black Iris thanks to The Flash. I could be wrong, but it's also a possibility. So maybe it's not unreasonable that the CW shows might at least partially influence filmmakers in the future.
Don't quote me here, but isn't there more than [one version on] Iris West in the comics? I know there are two versions of Kid Flash; same name, different skin colour; both cousins(?) of Iris (or so I believe?)

I dont think the general audience would expect to see them anymore then they would expect Chloe Sullivan in a Superman movie. That's not to say I would be opposed to them doing it.

But it's just like with Batman movies missing his entire family besides Alfred/Gordon or Superman missing Kara, Cat Grant, Jimmy.

Every character has a constant of course but I dont think you need all those characters to be constants. If Oliver is going to have a techy then hell yeah make her into Felicity Smoak!

As far as direct family. I'd think they'd probably go with Emiko over Thea just for diversity sake. Which is what's happening with Iris. The Flash TV show made Iris a POC and brought color to the cast and it's something that the movies want to continue.

Every character has a constant of course but I dont think you need all those characters to be constants. If Oliver is going to have a techy then hell yeah make her into Felicity Smoak!
I think Oliver has had a techy in the comics that's not Felicity.

Synopsis for S7.

There has been no shortage of close calls for Oliver Queen when it comes to protecting his Super Hero identity, but in the season six finale, he was finally backed into a corner and forced to reveal himself to the world as the Green Arrow. Now, Oliver will come face-to-face with many of the criminals he placed behind bars, as he makes a new home for himself at Slabside Maximum Security Prison. Oliver will find himself vulnerable in a way unlike ever before when a mysterious new enemy begins to unravel his work as Green Arrow, challenging him to redeem his name or risk losing everything.

So, no Longbow Hunters?

I hope he's in prison for half the season and not just 3 episodes.

Probably Longbow will be the second half of the season because this sounds like a yawn.

The "OTA" just signed new contracts they should be fine.

But with a shift to Monday ratings may go up and they have a new writing team with maybe 3 holdovers from previous seasons? New writing team below:
DeZMK3BVwAIIc3q.jpg:large

Praying that they can get this ship wreck back together.

The new writing team is all female haha. Gonna turn into a real soap opera now boy.

I think if the movie was to be an extension of the series then, yeah, Felicity and Diggle et al would need to be included but if it's stand alone, nope. They arent an established presence in the GA setting like Black Canary is

Thinking on the Batwoman deal. I dont know that having her automatically means Batman will be around. We know he's on Earth 38 and we know Bruce Wayne is on 1 but that doesnt mean anything. They could just have Batwoman start on her own merits. It wouldnt be the first time the Arrowverse has assigned names to people without the appropriate backstory (Simon Stagg, Atom Smasher etc)

The "OTA" just signed new contracts they should be fine.

But with a shift to Monday ratings may go up and they have a new writing team with maybe 3 holdovers from previous seasons? New writing team below:
DeZMK3BVwAIIc3q.jpg:large

Praying that they can get this ship wreck back together.

Am I the only one who thinks the second girl from the right is a dead-ringer for Amanda Knox? :eek:

He shouldn't worry, DCEU doesn't want Green Arrow. They barely want Green Lantern or the Flash

So I'm catching up with season 6 and amost done. I think Arrow is one of those shows that works best when you binge the episodes together instead of watching them week to week. I've seen a lot of people mixed on this season but its been a great watch for me personally and I think it's because I'm watching the episodes back to back.

With that said, Diaz for my money is one the show's best villains, up there with Slade and Prometheus. I thought Prometheus got under Oliver's skin but Diaz has been taking his life apart piece by piece and its been very compelling to watch. Although one thing that bothers me and that I'm unclear on is Diaz's control over the city. He claims to have most police and government officials in his pocket in secret. Ok fine. But how is it that in broad daylight he could just walk around with an entire police force defending him and no one whose not corrupt notice? Are we supposed to believe that he literally has the entire government under his thumb somehow?

The new writing team is all female haha. Gonna turn into a real soap opera now boy.

That is as dumb as me saying (if the group were mostly men) wow its going to turn into a real knuckle dragging show girl.

Sounds stupid doesn't it? Because it is.

Am I the only one who thinks the second girl from the right is a dead-ringer for Amanda Knox? :eek:

Dang....I wouldn't have noticed it had you not said something...but YES.

Big announcement Monday. So thankful for all the people in my life who made it possible.
— Stephen Amell (@StephenAmell) July 5, 2018

doesn't sound like it has anything to do with arrow.

^^ said announcement has been postponed, though he clearly states (with the update) that he's looking forward to the start of Season 7, so I do wonder whether it is indeed Arrow related.

It might not be. Or it might be a guest star who hasn't signed.

^^ said announcement has been postponed, though he clearly states (with the update) that he's looking forward to the start of Season 7, so I do wonder whether it is indeed Arrow related.

Maybe they're saving it for SDCC.

I just had a thought–at some point, they need to bring Walter back so he can, like, be William's grandpa, even if it's for just one episode! I really enjoyed Walter's character and I'd love if they brought him back! :woot: Doubt it'll happen, unfortunately, because it seems the S1-S2 supporting cast has been virtually forgotten...but that would be awesome, nonetheless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"