Arrow Arrow General Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 28

the first maybe four seasons were great. Plus, we got four more superhero shows out of it

I’d say when it was good, it was great (seasons 1,2,5, and half of 6). When it was bad it was awful (seasons 3,4 and half of 6)

Anyone recall why did they Green Arrow as a tv series? I remember reading it was a cheaper option than doing a Batman series (back in 2012). or maybe it was that DC allowed them to have the rights of GA.

Basically. Smallville set up Green Arrow for a future audience and turning him into a rip off of Batman was perfect.

Anyone recall why did they Green Arrow as a tv series? I remember reading it was a cheaper option than doing a Batman series (back in 2012). or maybe it was that DC allowed them to have the rights of GA.

I thought it was that they basically wanted to do a Batman series but he wasn't available to them so they went with Green Arrow as a stand-in.

Basically. Smallville set up Green Arrow for a future audience and turning him into a rip off of Batman was perfect.

Was there ever any talk of a Green Arrow direct spin-off series from Smallville?

I figured that, but wasn't so sure. I barely knew of him besides season 6/7 of Smallville and the old Superfriends series.

I think they wanted to go a different route with the character and Smallville already brought in so many established characters.

I never paid a lot of attention to Smallville but I do know they set up a lot of potential spinoffs that went nowhere. Aquaman was another. They filmed a pilot for that and everything. I think Flash at one point was in consideration. And I think there was at least one more spinoff idea but obviously in the end they decided to ditch all of that and start fresh with Arrow.

Ironically Justin Hartley who played Aqauman on the pilot would later on play Green Arrow on Smallville. The interesting thing was Aquaman was supposed to be its own thing and not part of the Smallville universe. I do sometimes wonder what would have happened if Aquaman was successful.. perhaps we have gotten a Wonder Woman show.

I think they wanted to go a different route with the character and Smallville already brought in so many established characters.

Makes sense. I remember thinking that guy was taller than Clark on the show. It was distracting sometimes since Clark was usually the biggest guy every episode.

I never paid a lot of attention to Smallville but I do know they set up a lot of potential spinoffs that went nowhere. Aquaman was another. They filmed a pilot for that and everything. I think Flash at one point was in consideration. And I think there was at least one more spinoff idea but obviously in the end they decided to ditch all of that and start fresh with Arrow.

It's quite telling that in 10 years of Smallville, they weren't able to do a spin-off. Birds of Prey was a similar show but wasn't in the same universe. And only last half a season. Now, we have a spin-off every season being released.

So Superman will join in the Arrowverse fun this year, along with Batwoman and an appearance by Lois. Well, consider me interested :) Let's bring on the Lois fan casts!

So Superman will join in the Arrowverse fun this year, along with Batwoman and an appearance by Lois. Well, consider me interested :) Let's bring on the Lois fan casts!

I can't wait to see him interact with Oliver.

Can we please have a crossover where Earth 1 and Earth 38 are merged? As a longtime comic fan. It's so frustrating that we have half the heroes on one earth and the other on another.

Can we please have a crossover where Earth 1 and Earth 38 are merged? As a longtime comic fan. It's so frustrating that we have half the heroes on one earth and the other on another.

I like it, think the different earths give us more variety.

I do wonder if the end goal is for a crisis to happen with all earths merging same as the comics.

I do wonder if the end goal is for a crisis to happen with all earths merging same as the comics.
I don't see how it can happen honestly; if it did, the characters we've come to love (and hate) would be drastically changed. If you suddenly throw all these people together then the dopplegangers would surely merge, thus creating an entierly new person. Earth 1 Barry merged with Earth 2 Barry merged with any other Barry's out there. We'd have a very different Barry Allen than the one we know! It'll get too messy and complicated.

The multiverse works and allows for the likes of Supergirl not showing up every time Star City gets into a heap of **** (then again, Barry could sort a lot of it out himself). I think it's good to keep various characters to different Earth's.

I don't see how it can happen honestly; if it did, the characters we've come to love (and hate) would be drastically changed. If you suddenly throw all these people together then the dopplegangers would surely merge, thus creating an entierly new person. Earth 1 Barry merged with Earth 2 Barry merged with any other Barry's out there. We'd have a very different Barry Allen than the one we know! It'll get too messy and complicated.

The multiverse works and allows for the likes of Supergirl not showing up every time Star City gets into a heap of **** (then again, Barry could sort a lot of it out himself). I think it's good to keep various characters to different Earth's.

I’m talking about the end goal so that’s how the entire Arrowverse would end.

Crisis would be a great time for them to end or reboot the Arrowverse. I definitely think it's their endgame for Barry at least. Whether they get there by time jump or by the Flash actually being on air that long remains to be seen.

If they ever want to end the Arrowverse universe (when all the shows in the Arrowverse all end) then they could simply do a crisis and have the whole thing rebooted or combine all of the Earths.

Then it would be the ultimate reset button; a theme that I despise in films and shows. It makes everything that's happened up until that moment completely pointless as it's no longer remotely relative.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"