Arrow General Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 28

Discussion in 'Arrow' started by Thread Manager, Dec 22, 2017.

1. Lencho01

Lencho01 Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

[YT]-UBqzpgqUVg[/YT]

2. WhoMani

WhoMani Well-Known Member

Good news... Stephen Amell has confirmed on his recent FB live video that he’s not planning on leaving Arrow. He has reached a new agreement with WB and the CW to return as Oliver Queen if the show gets renewed for another season. This pretty much confirms that there will be a season 8 for Arrow and that Amell is happy with the direction the show is going for Season 7.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2018
    signalman likes this.
  3. Lencho01

Lencho01 Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Pic and info...

4. dreammaster

dreammaster Well-Known Member

5. BH/HHH

BH/HHH You Are My World

As I said in the JL lounge I wonder if they're pulling a role reversal and Nora Fries becomes Mrs Freeze with Victor Fries the one comatose. If that's the case this could mean either Batman doesn't exist in Batwoman's world or she will be like Supergirl and certain villains/storylines will be transferred to Batwoman.

6. signalman

signalman Well-Known Member

7. flickchick85

flickchick85 Loose Seal

If they really are just gonna make Batwoman a gender-swapped Batman, and change his traditionally male villains to female, then I think they're missing the boat entirely about female heroes - they are more than gender-swapped male heroes and do in fact have their own identities. When Supergirl first started on CBS, it was obvious they were just interested in making a female Superman show. Which is why they changed her origin to where she ~somewhat~ grew up on Earth, gave her the dorky "Clark Kent" persona and all that. But thankfully, it took them a while, but they eventually figured out that they needed to embrace what makes Kara KARA instead (her attachment to her Kryptonian heritage, her trauma of watching her entire world explode, abandonment issues, refugee issues, etc), and the show is much better for it, imo. I'd hoped Berlanti & Co. had learned from that, but maybe not.

BH/HHH likes this.
  8. BH/HHH

BH/HHH You Are My World

I agree but could they just be taking a few inspirations to bump up the rogues gallery?

9. flickchick85

flickchick85 Loose Seal

True, it's a bit early to be jumping to conclusions. Suffice it to say I really hope that's all they're doing, lol.

10. BH/HHH

BH/HHH You Are My World

Haha I was just theorising, I could be way off lol

flickchick85 likes this.
  11. WhoMani

Why do I have this awful feeling that Nora will be Mrs Freeze? I hope they don't do that as it would be gimmicky and gender swapping is usually seen as pandering. Some have speculated that Nora could be a regular for the Batwoman show if it gets picked up but I can't see it.

12. NotNickFury

NotNickFury Well-Known Member

With Nora Fries being here, going off of that photo that Amell posted, combined with his mouth being covered and the bald cap, it almost makes me wonder if he was playing some version of Victor Fries, even though that's not the case and since Mr. Freeze is still a current face on Gotham.

It's interesting how these Arrowverse shows and Gotham alternate on villain usage. Like by the time we got Solomon Grundy and Ra's on Gotham, they'd already been used on Arrow.

13. WhoMani

It wouldn't surprise me if Victor Fries doesn't become Mr Freeze but is just a scientist and nothing more because Gotham is using the Mr Freeze character. I would like to be proven wrong though.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2018 at 2:11 PM
  14. StarLord

StarLord Boogeyman

15. Hunter Rider

Hunter Rider Ronin

16. Hunter Rider

Hunter Rider Ronin

17. WhoMani

I actually can't wait for season 7 and how everyone knowing Oliver is the GA will change the whole dynamic of the show. It makes me wonder how the people of Star City will view Oliver since he exposed himself.

Hunter Rider likes this.
  18. StarLord

StarLord Boogeyman