Arrow General Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 28

Discussion in 'Arrow' started by Thread Manager, Dec 22, 2017.

1. jolldan Registered

Avoiding this thread as I have just seen episode 4 but feel like I have to say a big well done to CW and the whole team on that episode. This season has really raised the bar again in terms of writing and storytelling but honestly that's gotta go down as one of my favourite and best episodes ever.

The scene with William & Oliver catching up and telling him he was gay was the highlight for me and honestly I feel like a lot of those types of scenes nowadays are either overplayed but that exchange just felt perfect, credit to Amell some of his finest acting chops in that episode.
    [​IMG]

2. dhandler01 Half breed!

Yeah that scene was great. I have enjoyed the heck out of this season :)

3. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

So Lyla's secret is out and she's fully betrayed the team now after Laurel refused to do so.

Wonder who shot them with darts. Argus? What is she going to do? Steal the plans herself?

4. Flash525 The Scarlet Messenger

I expect it was Argus, as Lyla is head of them and it stands to reason she’s expect hiccups. I wouldn’t say she has the plans though, surely if Laurel has briefed them before hand, they’d not have been stupid enough to take the plans with them to the meet.

5. WhoMani Registered

I am interested to see why Lyla is so loyal to the Monitor and know more about her backstory. She seemed a little proud that Laurel didn't betray Oliver.

6. Flash525 The Scarlet Messenger

Because she's not Lyla? I mean, she is, but she's also a cosmic power with powers (that she's somehow not used yet). It's likely she's been stationed on Earth. I guess we wont know for sure until Crisis comes around, but I don't imagine Lyla to be human.

7. Primal Slayer Let the Siren scream

I don't think they are going that route. Lyla has always been Lyla but likely made some deal and became Harbinger within the last few years.

Jedi Arrow and Flash525 like this.
  8. Flash525 The Scarlet Messenger

Oh? Well that at least would make more sense as to why she hasn’t used any abilities up until Crisis.

9. Primal Slayer Let the Siren scream

If only we could've gotten more of this 3some
    [​IMG]
    But this is an awesome team lineup....if only they'd give us an official Arrow poster with everyone.
    [​IMG]

Jedi Arrow likes this.
  10. WhoMani Registered

Seriously who asked for this? Seriously.

11. Dr. Unknown Toronto member

To paraphrase Captain Renault in Casablanca:

“I’m shocked - shocked! - to find there’s a love triangle in an Arrowverse show.”

:o

Kev4000 likes this.
  12. WhoMani Registered

Yeah we're really needed another unnecessary love triangle for Arrow's final season... but whatever.

#962 WhoMani, Nov 26, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2019
  13. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

Well at least it isn't a triangle between Mia, Connor and John Diggle.

14. Flash525 The Scarlet Messenger

Yay, another reason not to watch the Arrow spin-off. Just what I needed. Thank You. That's two down. I hope their next project has something more appealing about it.

15. WhoMani Registered

Well at least we have a Superman show to look forward to.

16. Slick Yup

Idk I’m going to watch the show if it gets picked up. The Arrowverse isn’t perfect but for some reason I watch all the shows and will do so with GA&TC and Superman and Lois. I’m definitely looking forward to the latter more. Anyway off to catchup on Watchmen since I now have HBO Now.

17. Flash525 The Scarlet Messenger

And that Green Lantern show (although it’s not intended to tie into the Arrowverse it should still hopefully be a good watch).

There was a time when I almost gave up with Supergirl (season 1) but it improved with season 2.

Batwoman is the first show I’ve decided to be done with; those first two or three episodes just didn’t work for me, and as much as each of these shows has that emotional factor, I can’t be doing with a twilight love triangle within it.

18. flickchick85 Mod of Might

I think Batwoman has made me realize I'm not as much of a completist as I thought, because I don't think I'll be continuing with that one after Crisis. And with that realization, I also doubt I'll continue to keep up with Legends anymore either, especially with Ray leaving, and as I can't stand Mia OR Dinah, I think Canaries will be the first one of these shows I won't even try to bother with at all (unless I hear good things). I will continue on with The Flash, Supergirl, Black Lightning and Superman & Lois, and if that puts me somewhat out of the loop on the crossovers from now on, I'll survive, lol.

19. WhoMani Registered

I'm defintely skipping the Canaries which is a shame as I wouldn't mind a Black Canary show starring Laurel Lance and not the other two.

#969 WhoMani, Nov 27, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2019
    Dark Raven, Flash525 and O'Haire like this.
  20. Dr. Unknown Toronto member

“Reset” was quite good. The Groundhog Day/time loop is a familiar trope - but it nicely served the Crisis setup. And Ramsey’s direction was impressive.

21. WhoMani Registered

Reset was such a good episode and I loved seeing Quentin back on the show, him mentioning to Oliver that they will see each other again probably hints at Quentin being in the season finale.

I'm not a huge fan of the time loop trope but honestly I liked it as it served a purpose as Oliver learned that he can't always win against fate and that Laurel earned the right to have a final goodbye to Quentin due to her not betraying Oliver which pretty much irrevocably confirms that Laurel is a good guy. Pretty cool episode and a nice setup for the Crisis.

22. Primal Slayer Let the Siren scream

I will say...Arrow writers love to throw out what we're supposed to be feeling about characters lol. Everyone has had to tell Laurel how good of a person she's become since they rather not take the time to just show it properly. But since she isnt really part of COIE, I am glad that she's getting some proper screentime this season.

23. Thome216 Registered

Yeah, absolutely not a fan of love triangles. As Flash525 says, yet another reason to not to watch. Of course, I was never a big Arrow fan in the first place, so reason one would be them nixing the Arrow/BC love interest, reason two would be killing off Laurel at all and then reason three would be the aforementioned triangle foolery. The only triangle I am interested in is the Bermuda Triangle.:D

As to the episode, it was great! I would give it a solid 9, which I rarely do. Cool having Quintin back again, I miss his character.

Flash525 and Prison Mike like this.
  24. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

They should've had a triangle between Oliver, Earth 1 Laurel and Earth 2 Laurel.

25. NotNickFury Registered

I can't believe I didn't think about Roy losing an arm until now. Either way, he's due for an upgrade.

[​IMG]