Arrow Arrow General Discussion Thread - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Posted the PaleyFest panel and spoilers at TV Ever After

"Arrow 2013 PaleyFest Panel & Season 1 Spoilers"

You have a space in your link that shouldn't be there :)

These writers are saying more and more. They should really hush about the finale. It sounds cool what they're saying but they've pretty much said Tommy is going to have a gun while his dad fights Ollie and Thea is going to shoot a bow and arrow. Subjective sure, but these things are better if they don't tell us in advance I think. If they hype it up too much, then it risks not living up to it.

These writers are saying more and more. They should really hush about the finale. It sounds cool what they're saying but they've pretty much said Tommy is going to have a gun while his dad fights Ollie and Thea is going to shoot a bow and arrow. Subjective sure, but these things are better if they don't tell us in advance I think. If they hype it up too much, then it risks not living up to it.

My thinking is that it's fine if they decide to tell since the people present to hear it or who look it up are - for the most part - the people who do want to know. Meanwhile, the vast majority (who don't want to know) remain unspoiled.

Look at Game of Thrones. The spoilers are out for all to see and pretty accessible to boot; in the form of the source material, Wikipedia and the "A Song of Ice and Fire" wiki (which the "Game of Thrones" wiki links to at each character's page). Yet, lots of the show's viewers remain (and choose to remain) unspoiled and tune in week in, week out.

I don't read spoilers or interviews, even, so my question is entirely speculative, and I apologize if it's already been refuted. Does anyone think Det. Lance's partner might turn out to be not-so-honest? I mean, I know it was just tipping off one psycho (and thus, perhaps, not tied to the overall arc) but I recall speculation that McKenna might turn out to be dirty because we really only knew a few cops, and it seemed like it'd be someone we knew. What other cops have we met? Lance's boss and the commissioner? Or do you think it was just a plot-device for the one episode?

huh? You talking about "paley-fest" in the link? Had it spaced but forgot it isn't...and I knew it was PaleyFest (I used to volunteer at Paley) but was following form of another PaleyFest article thats drafted on TVEA lol

Oh I see the space...I didn't do that...maybe its a formatting thing or whatever :whatever:.. I just copied and pasted lol

I don't read spoilers or interviews, even, so my question is entirely speculative, and I apologize if it's already been refuted. Does anyone think Det. Lance's partner might turn out to be not-so-honest? I mean, I know it was just tipping off one psycho (and thus, perhaps, not tied to the overall arc) but I recall speculation that McKenna might turn out to be dirty because we really only knew a few cops, and it seemed like it'd be someone we knew. What other cops have we met? Lance's boss and the commissioner? Or do you think it was just a plot-device for the one episode?

I think Vanch will be back in S2 and most likely his girlfriend will too, and they'll further it on then perhaps. Perhaps his girlfriend gets involved some other ways with other people.

But definetely S2 I think, their plate is full for S1. I think it was too big a point plot for them to completely ignore. Although they are writing episodes only a little bit before they air, so perhaps they intended it for McKenna to do that. She became quite popular with the viewers so they may have changed tact. But personally I think they'll still do something with it, the police are usually explored quite thorougly in these kind of things.

Glad you found your space Lauren ;-) And I hear there is another break? Why so many breaks? What is up with you Americans and your television schedule? What if I get hit by a bus between now and the finale? -_-

The more I watch Arrow, the more I'm thinking about a potential new Green Hornet series.

Does Stephen Amell remind you of Green Hornet Van Williams?

Green Hornet vs. Green Arrow vs. Green Lantern....who wins?

Also, The Shadow vs The Spirit...who wins?

All i gots to say is...... "CLEAR!"
That was the coolest one liner i have heard in decades!! This show rocks so much! Hahahha!

Diggle's character is probably the single best addition to Green Arrow. Hopefully it is something that really does get added to the comic books.

All in all the show has surpassed my expectations for a comic book show. I think where a lot of previous shows got lost was by not having a strong overall storyline. Here, the list and the island stuff is very intriguing.

Plus, being a hero with no powers stops the show from venturing into the completely ridiculous territory.

Anybody else think that Ollie will be completely revealed as the Hood in some climactic battle in his club and go Grell style wanderer? That little promo showed yet another henchman figuring out his identity and this show's pace suggests their going to have a major change in status quo for season two. Maybe Ollie and Malcolm go head to head in Ollie's clubs with both being unmasked before their fight concludes. And hopefully someone ties in the name Verdant with Ollie's favorite weapon and we'll actually hear someone call him Green Arrow.

Probably not for this season, even though you are right that the show changes pace quickly. I think his identity to the public at large will remain a secret at least for a while. Especially since they have made him a killer, the writers would have a hard time explaining away why he shouldn't go to jail for multiple murders.

I can only see it happening in a final season or if they want to make that supermax movie.

I just saw where WGN will re-air the first 4 episodes tonight starting at 7pm.

Katie just cant get a break. Finally on a hit show and is the most boring character on the show.

Maybe because she is a mediocre actress.
Actually no, she does catch a break because she gets roles unfairly when they could have gone to more talented actresses.
I dont want a terrible actress to play a character I like anymore than you want an actress you like to play a "boring" character. We could both get what we want with a simple thing that start with an R.....

I did my "homework" to find out if I was just seeing things. And well I wasnt:
http://forums.televisionwithoutpity.com/index.php?showtopic=3160082&st=0

PROOF that many people pointed out her out as a weak and terrible performer too, 6 years later and she is still getting critised for poor perfomances, it hasnt changed and never will. If Supernatural was her "best work" well thats not what the Supernatural fans said:whatever:

Don't know character but some said J. August Richards...could he be the genre actor Andrew Kreisberg was talking about @ PaleyFest?

Maybe its him, but I would have thought someone more well known.

Last edited:
Ryder you only have a little over 50 posts and everytime I read one of them its to bash Katie. Is there anything that you enjoy about the show?

Ryder you only have a little over 50 posts and everytime I read one of them its to bash Katie. Is there anything that you enjoy about the show?

Lets not exaggerate:nono:, yes I do talk about other things. Ollie, Tommy, Digs, Helena Felicity...What do these characters have in common . I enjoy many of them, their actors are good and some of them have really improved and grown.

This just happen to be a main & serious concern for me to the character's existence and quality of the show. BTW Criticizing her poor performances isnt bashing her its being truthful as far as Im concerned. Thats how real change will come for this character when both the writing and acting are tackled and not for the "actor" to be left off the hook, its a two way street.

Lets not exaggerate:nono:, yes I do talk about other things. Ollie, Tommy, Digs, Helena Felicity...What do these characters have in common . I enjoy many of them, their actors are good and some of them have really improved and grown.

This just happen to be a main & serious concern for me to the character's existence and quality of the show. BTW Criticizing her poor performances isnt bashing her its being truthful as far as Im concerned. Thats how real change will come for this character when both the writing and acting are tackled and not for the "actor" to be left off the hook, its a two way street.

A quick check shows that you do spend a lot of time complaining about this one actress....it also shows that the other regular posters in this forum are tired of it....so why not just move on to another subject.

I really enjoy Katie as Laurel. I don't think I'd like anyone else for that spot. She gives the character a feel that I think is appropriate. I honestly do not see what the problem is. :)

Let me try to put this into perspective here. Katie isn't the best actress- to be absolutely honest they could have cast a better actor.

But lets be honest- Stephen Amell when the show started was pretty slippery acting wise too. And now look at him. He has become a whole lot better.

Another example being Tracy Spiridakos from Revolution who was hot and all but it was almost painful to watch her act. But if you actually watch her now, she has grown in confidence in the role and looks much more at home!

What I mean to say is it is partly the showrunnes fault that she still is a little unconvincing. A better, bigger storyline for her would have worked well for her. Since they have taken the metaphorical plunge, they may as well ride the tide!

But lets be honest- Stephen Amell when the show started was pretty slippery acting wise too. And now look at him. He has become a whole lot better.

I think the episode where I first started noticing his improved acting was in "Vendetta", the second Huntress episode. His time on the show up to that point might have helped with that, but I think him acting alongside another actor may have helped him gauge his acting abilities a bit better so that he could improve in the role.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"