Arrow Arrow General Discussion Thread - Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it just me or does anyone else find this WBs blocking their own characters thing baffling?

I mean they wouldn't even allow certainBatman characters to appear in a cartoon for christ sakes. I just think there's some really stupid stuff going on at WBs/DC. Do they really think people can't accept different versions of certain characters on different shows?

Figured this was interesting:(from his Facebook) Stephen comments on Ben Affleck as Batman

The interwebs losing their **** when an iconic part is (re)cast might be the most predictable and boring reaction in an arena where fake outrage is practically the base level currency. Affleck will be fantastic. If anything, the visceral reaction you're seeing so much of is probably a good thing. Reminds me of Daniel Craig being cast as Bond. People freaked. As a matter of fact, if I'd read a message board after being cast in Arrow, I probably would've pooped my pants and moved back in with my Mom before we started the pilot.

New actors get cast in iconic roles. The entertainment industry trudges on

I see you left out the Twilight part :oldrazz:

Does anyone know if this is coming to Netflix instant?

This is kind of interesting:

~7:00 [YT]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TD9KZg3NNWU[/YT]

""For Barry Allen to appear on the show, we had to get approval all the way up to Christopher Nolan. I mean because he's... Christopher Nolan. He's the czar of all things Warner Bros and DC. He likes the show and approved of Barry Allen appearing, so I would say that's a very good sign."

Anything can be used as an origin story as long as they are serious about it.
I've seen the weirdest things on the tv show Fringe.... actually weird doesn't even begin to describe it.
However, it does manage to keep its serious tone and with Walters explanations, my not that scientific mind still manages enjoy the series ten times more than I managed to enjoy the Avengers for example.

As long as they don't go cheap teen appealing way with it, it's gonna be fine.

Anything can be used as an origin story as long as they are serious about it.
I've seen the weirdest things on the tv show Fringe.... actually weird doesn't even begin to describe it.
However, it does manage to keep its serious tone and with Walters explanations, my not that scientific mind still manages enjoy the series ten times more than I managed to enjoy the Avengers for example.

As long as they don't go cheap teen appealing way with it, it's gonna be fine.

I don't think it's about - or at least not only about - taking a story seriously but for the creators to take the setting they've created seriously. One shouldn't simply change the tone and rules of the world at a whim and with the first idea that pops into one's head. Can you imagine if Supernatural had little grey men appear, or if NCIS started having vampires and werewolves show up? Such things are clearly not within the original remit of either show's settings and should probably never be attempted in order for said shows to maintain their integrity. Same goes for Arrow.

And if a change its setting, this should have a lasting effect on the show and not simply disappear shortly after, never to be seen again. If Flash does show up and establish that superpowers exist in the show's universe, the creators shouldn't then have the character to shortly go back to the way before, with the existence of superpowers never seen or heard from again.

This is kind of interesting:

~7:00 [YT]TD9KZg3NNWU[/YT]

""For Barry Allen to appear on the show, we had to get approval all the way up to Christopher Nolan. I mean because he's... Christopher Nolan. He's the czar of all things Warner Bros and DC. He likes the show and approved of Barry Allen appearing, so I would say that's a very good sign."

fixed link

Really can't wait til there's a casting announcement for Barry. :up:

o36e.jpg

Ouch! So much for Katie Cassidy being the lead female in the show.

And Nolans power is kind of annoying, he has only gotten Bats/Supes off the ground at this point, he doesn't need that much power.

That must literally be the first poster where Stephen Amell is NOT shirtless. :funny:

Who has the highest heels in the poster?

Hopefully they will right their wrongs this season and not have her be the weakest link though I see her being the Andrea of arrow and getting killed off in season 3 because her character is so hated.

Hopefully they will right their wrongs this season and not have her be the weakest link though I see her being the Andrea of arrow and getting killed off in season 3 because her character is so hated.

She is nowhere near that level.

wait that is Laurel back there? :funny:

Reading over the last few pages, I hate how so many people seem to think that Flash getting a TV show before a film is a curse. If anything, these are great news for the character. The truth is that superheroes will always work better in TV shows than in live-action films. Sure that there are budget issues that films don't have but if budget wouldn't be a problem (and it shouldn't be a huge problem with a character like the Flash IMO), TV would always be a better place for superheroes than movies.

The reason for this is because superheroes were specifically created to have ongoing story arcs with ongoing character development and many different villains for the protagonist to battle. It is a lot easier to translate that concept to a TV show than to a movie due to each film being restricted to 2 - 3 hours of footage. Make it a trilogy and you have 6 - 9 hours of footage. That would be half of a single season right there.

It is no coincidence that the adaptations that are often considered by fans to be the best adaptations of a character are often TV shows instead of movies (Batman TAS, Spectacular Spider-Man, X-Men TAS, Avengers EMH, JL/JLU, etc.).

Also, Flash is getting a TV show and a film. So I don't see the problem.

It is no coincidence that the adaptations that are often considered by fans to be the best adaptations of a character are often TV shows instead of movies (Batman TAS, Spectacular Spider-Man, X-Men TAS, Avengers EMH, JL/JLU, etc.).

All of the examples that you just mentioned are animated TV Shows, which is very different than a live action show since you could have cameos and short appearances from any character in a animated show and still do a large scale battle on a animated show without having to worry about budgets as much as a live action show would have to.

Reading over the last few pages, I hate how so many people seem to think that Flash getting a TV show before a film is a curse. If anything, these are great news for the character. The truth is that superheroes will always work better in TV shows than in live-action films. Sure that there are budget issues that films don't have but if budget wouldn't be a problem (and it shouldn't be a huge problem with a character like the Flash IMO), TV would always be a better place for superheroes than movies.

The reason for this is because superheroes were specifically created to have ongoing story arcs with ongoing character development and many different villains for the protagonist to battle. It is a lot easier to translate that concept to a TV show than to a movie due to each film being restricted to 2 - 3 hours of footage. Make it a trilogy and you have 6 - 9 hours of footage. That would be half of a single season right there.

Well said.

All of the examples that you just mentioned are animated TV Shows, which is very different than a live action show since you could have cameos and short appearances from any character in a animated show and still do a large scale battle on a animated show without having to worry about budgets as much as a live action show would have to.

Which is why I said "as long as budget is not a major issue" (and I think a Flash show can at least look decent). If budget wasn't an issue, TV would always be a better place for superheroes than the movies.

The audience we are now has been uniformly spoiled by what's come before. If Spider-Man can get a film series and X-Men can get a film series and Batman can get a film series, then EVERYONE should get a film series. At some point along the way, we came to the conclusion that we're entitled to certain things and that, if the studios and companies don't meet up to a certain standard that WE'VE set (not anyone else), then they have failed us. TV instead of film is a slap in the face, someone who we perceive to be the wrong actor in a role is an affront to every aspect of the character, blah blah blah, bull**** bull**** bull****.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"