Arrow Arrow Season 2 Episode 17: "Birds of Prey" Rate and Review Thread

I still chalk it up to Nyssa being emotional affected. She did dominate him most of the fight. He only really lucked out by getting her into a hold.

Ollie whupped Nyssa in seconds

Whupped? She had him on his knees and was about to stab him and he grabbed her arm and rolled, putting her in a choke hold. It wasn't like it was Bane vs Batman in the sewer in DKR.

Plus I recall she was fighting thinking the chick she was in love with was dead. Probably doesn't help.

that Al-Owal guy was taken down easily

Was he? Because I remember him putting his blade to Sara's throat after taking about 4 or 5 nails to the leg. Which then Arrow crashed through the window knocking him down which allowed Sara to get the upper hand.

the grunts were laughable
Maybe I missed something but I only remember two grunts getting killed. The first one that came to get Sara and the one that Quentin shot.

Another one died but it was suicide.

I still chalk it up to Nyssa being emotional affected. She did dominate him most of the fight. He only really lucked out by getting her into a hold.

fist-bump.gif

The combat fight lasted what? 12 seconds? she got one knee in, had one failed stab attempt. Then Ollie took her down and almost snapped her neck until Sara told Ollie to not kill her. That's whupped. The emotional excuse doesn't work, it's a two way street, Ollie loved Sara too but still kicked her ass with ease. Not to mention she didn't even care too save Sara when Ollie said he had a way.

Maybe it lasted only 12 seconds, but she kicked his ass 11 seconds of it. And on second 12 he simply got her into a hold.

It's so weird that people are looking for excuses why a fictional character lost a fight, Ollie is the hero, he'll always win, that's the way it works.

But doesn't mean he's unbeatable. Merlyn still kicked the hero's ass 2 times out of 3.

In the end he wins, and in the case of the fight with Nyssa, he won, I don't see why it's a big deal is all.

Because a hero shouldn't ALWAYS win, especially if it's the first encounter. You know, like Batman kicked Bane's ass the first time that they fought, oh wait he didn't. Or when Hellboy kicked Narada's ass the first time around in Hellboy 2, oh wait he didn't. Or when Superman instantly overpowered Lex the first time in STM, oh wait he didn't. Having the hero lose or have issues the first time and then come back stronger later and finally win works because it shows a progression of their character. Also, having them win every single time kills any sort of tension, why should we take ANY villain seriously, since the hero always wins because "he's the hero." It would have worked much better if he and Sara teamed up to take out Nyssa, or if he lost but she spared his life for Sara's sake. Then when they fight later on, he wins to show his improvement. She's the freaking #2 in the LOA for goodness sake. It's good writing 101. Saying that the hero should win every single fight simply because they're the hero is ridiculous. Ultimately win the overall war, absolutely, but not every freaking fight. Sorry, that's NOT how it works.

When the hero loses it's to set up a major threat, obviously the plan isn't to have Nyssa as the major threat because Deathstroke is. I am well aware of the pro wrestling concept of the good guy losing the first fight thanks, but in the end they win, if that kills the tension then you must have hated nearly every hero movie ever made.

I don't really get all the outrage over "Nyssa shoulda kicked his buuuuuuutttt!!!!" She's Ra's daughter,but you've got to go somewhere.We've already had Merlyn who was a 10,Slade who presumably will be a 10 and possibly Ra's himself who will be an 11.We don't need every adversary from the LOA to be an unstoppable warrior.

Anyone else want the ep to end with Huntress being recruited into the Suicide Squad?

Anyone else want the ep to end with Huntress being recruited into the Suicide Squad?

My ideal ending would be Huntress going to her bike and then someone saying "Is that cry for blood in your head getting too loud?", "I know someone who can help quiet it" with Huntress responding "Who are you and why do you want to help me" and then out from the shadows comes The Question who says "That... is the question"

ben-affleck-batman-pro-7.gif

Last edited:
Maybe it lasted only 12 seconds, but she kicked his ass 11 seconds of it. And on second 12 he simply got her into a hold.

Kicked his ass? getting one knee in and having a failed stab attempt is kicking ass? Ollie could have killed her in 12 seconds, that's kicking ass. LOL

Last edited:
That part annoys me. Helena has no training and Sara has spent a few years under the LOA. Sara should be able to put Helena down no problem.

Helena was trained before she met Oliver. She went toe-to toe with him in the first episode she appeared.. We assumed somebody in her fathers organization trained her.

Hmm possible explanation for the ep description

Since the trial is a trap for the Huntress maybe Donner hires Laurel back so she will be in harms way instead of him? That sounds like something he would do, the slimy weasel! :woot:

So I've seen two clips of the episode so far....does anyone else find these clips really bad?? I mean, the camera angles, the acting, the action scenes, the effects...they all seem really bad. I'm kinda scared! Prove me wrong Huntress.

I thought the Huntress' acting has improved a lot by what is shown in the clips... she was distractingly terrible in S1

So this is what
third time when Olivers saves Sara? This is getting ridiculous, just let her be a badass dammit!

I did notice that Black Canary used the LoA's scarf trick to break her fall.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"