BvS Ben Affleck IS Batman - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 39

While I agree that as long as it's not reckless or with clear intent to murder. Say like an antihero such as Punisher, who is nearly a villain himself with murderous intent ... collateral damage deaths via superheroes or vigilantes we've seen in cinema from Superman, Batman, Iron Man, and Captain America are truly nit picky as well as illogical given it's not so much a cartoon or comic as it is "what if it really happened" scenarios.

This however:

:loco:

Not only in performance as Bruce / Batman or basically as an actor in general was Bale > Affleck.

But also Nolan's take on Batman > Snyder's take on Batman.

But as films? Are you even serious ...

RT:
Batman Begins - 85% (Critic) / 94% (Fan)
The Dark Knight - 94% (Critic) / 94% (Fan)
The Dark Knight Rises - 87% (Critic) / 90% (Fan)

vs

Batman v Superman - 28% (Critic) / 69% (Fan)

Bwahah ... Snyder and Affleck have more in common with Schumacher and Clooney than they do Nolan and Bale.

TDK trilogy crew is several leagues, hell stratosphere above Snyder and Affleck as acting talents or film makers. Comparing them is disrespectful let alone to assert someone clearly inferior as being equal or god forbid better.

I don't think so. Considering Bale near enough ruins TDK and TDKR. The only truly great Batman film of the 3 was begins.

I don't think so. Considering Bale near enough ruins TDK and TDKR. The only truly great Batman film of the 3 was begins.

Haven't heard anyone ever assert Bale was weak in the role, or so bad that he nearly ruined three very good films. Katie Holmes? Yes. But all three movies don't work without Bale killing it.

I see TheSuperBrando got banned. I never did get to find out about Captain Picard's super fighting skills.

I don't think so. Movies ruined by their lead actor don't get the high level of acclaim and success they got.

Hmm. Damn. That's...disappointing to hear.

How have you not seen the movie yet? Too busy, or has all the bad word of mouth put you off?

Last edited:
Finally official with a solo Batfleck film!

Ben Affleck directed Batman movie doesn't mean anything if they continue this bad characterization.

Less murdering psycho and more world's greatest detective please.

^ Hopefully Geoff Johns will make it more comic-bookish, and Affleck will make it good.

Ben Affleck directed Batman movie doesn't mean anything if they continue this bad characterization.

Less murdering psycho and more world's greatest detective please.

I think they will be able to explore that and that's what makes it exciting to me. Personally I don't think this version was always a killer, but he became one at some point and it will be interesting to explore the why.

I think they will be able to explore that and that's what makes it exciting to me. Personally I don't think this version was always a killer, but he became one at some point and it will be interesting to explore the why.

Because Joker killed Robin...or because they are like grass or something he already said.

They might not even go there to explain anything. According to Zack Snyder he did same just like Nolan did in TDKT when his batman flat out murders people. Usually posters here outsmart WB with their fanfiction theories.

People were expecting A Few Good Men and settled with a piss of jar in courtroom scene. lol.

That's the biggest worry some of us seem to have. Ben loves what Zack did, Johns has a poor way of writing the character, Zack doesn't see a difference between his Batman killing and how it is in Frank Millers version or Nolans. It's very...sketchy.

Yeah Snyder comparing this Batman to Nolan's shows just how clueless he really is.

^ Hopefully Geoff Johns will make it more comic-bookish, and Affleck will make it good.

I'm surprised people are not more worried about Johns involvement. His Batman is terrible.

Johns is writing the script?
Well he doesn't have such a good track record with Batman in the comics and tends to always make him an ass but I doubt he'll do something like Earth One with this movie since you can't make an older Batman so arrogant

Johns is writing the script?
Well he doesn't have such a good track record with Batman in the comics and tends to always make him an ass but I doubt he'll do something like Earth One with this movie since you can't make an older Batman so arrogant
Sarcasm? Batfleck was the most arrogant.

Yes, he's writing it with Ben.

Because Joker killed Robin...or because they are like grass or something he already said.

They might not even go there to explain anything. According to Zack Snyder he did same just like Nolan did in TDKT when his batman flat out murders people. Usually posters here outsmart WB with their fanfiction theories.

People were expecting A Few Good Men and settled with a piss of jar in courtroom scene. lol.

Well I think it was a combination of things starting with The Joker that slowly lead him to BvS. I hope they explore it. Affleck being heavily involved gives me confidence they will.

Seeing as some of Suicide Squad is set in the present it should give us more of an idea of how Batman will be going forward.

Seeing as some of Suicide Squad is set in the present it should give us more of an idea of how Batman will be going forward.

Yes there is that as well. He obviously doesn't kill in that movie based on the footage we have seen so far.

The Joker said:
Luke Skywalker and Captain Picard don't have the ability to take out rooms full of armed men without having to kill them.

They are also soldiers fighting wars against enemy combatants. Batman is a masked vigilante taking the job of the police in his own hands.

Luke Skywalker may have killed a billion people when he blew up the Death Star, but if he hesitated for even a second Yavin would have been blown up up and the entire Rebel Alliance wiped out in an instant.

It is apples and oranges.

Even then they use lethal force as a last resort when negotiations fail.

If someone is fine with Batfleck killing, that's alright. It's their choice, but I don't see how Luke Skywalker, Picard, or even Captain America killing anyone or not is a relevant supporting argument for the same being acceptable for batman.

It shouldn't be used as proof that good characters killing is fine because those other characters aren't batman. The good guys come with different personalities and moral codes. There's a wide spectrum of acceptable "good guy" behavior that varies from one character to the next. This isn't a "one choice fits all" situation.

True. Ex. Daredevil does not have the same moral code as Punisher.

I'm not sure if we have yet reached the stage we did with MoS wherein the armchair-critics had begun to simply fabricate elements of the movie in order to dislike them, but I did not really perceive Batfleck to have undertaken a murderous rampage. Certainly, people died by his hand, directly and indirectly, but this did not to me seem to be the objective.

The batman scenes may still be set in the past but yeah the present would good to see how Bruce/Batman develops from the end of BvS to months later in SS to JL.

Batman's no killing rule rocks because:

1. There are so many awesome storylines around "no kill" rule.

2. Makes him different than regular vigilante story.

3. It establishes how good at his craft. Taking bad guys without firearms and without killing establish how skilled he is compared to guys like Charles Bronson, Punisher, Marv type of characters.

4. It makes sense why a merely human uses batarangs over firearms, why he is more ninja than a commando.

Without it, you are pushing all these stuff to garbage.

Zack Snyder can't even realize how Batman's killing in BvS was different than Nolan's universe.

No wonder why only his straight adaptations from comics ends up as better movies. He is not the best decision maker and BvS is unfortunately statement of that.

I hope Ben Affleck realize that quickly and shows us character in control for a reason like Clint Eastwood in Unforgiven or Terminator in T2... or just pretend like BvS didn't happen like many franchise movies do in these days.

It doesn't make any sense if he blows thugs up and let other villains live because they are famous.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"