BvS Ben Affleck IS Batman - - - - - - - - - - Part 37

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw it last night.

Afleck is the best film version of Batman ever in my opinion, regardless of the killing/manslaughter issue.

At least Adam West and George Clooney didn't kill and they were both the hardest of the hard :o

I actually think him being a killer is an effective way to show just how far he's fallen, especially in light of Robin's death. This is oppossed to Jason's death in the comics, in which he grieved for a while and then was all "Lol third time''s the charm I guess!" and recruited Tim Drake. And then Stephanie Brown, Cassandra Cain, etc.

And if this Robin was Dick Grayson, it makes even more sense. Dick dying would put Bruce over the edge in a way even Jason's death wouldn't.

In the Warehouse.
throws a grenade back into a room with 3 goons which are shown to be blown up. Then the flamethrower guy. That's not even counting the dude he most likely fatally stabbed.

It's before [BLACKOUT]superman dies[/BLACKOUT]but after his supposed moment of clarity where he snaps back into what he's supposed to be. Or something.

the guy wasn't fatally stabbed, just pinned to the wall. You can see him looking around at the chaos after. He's definitely alive. The grenade guy partially has himself to blame for crawling after the grenade to grab it instead of running away. He was a dumbass.

I hope it's explained why Joker is still alive in SS, because it doesn't make sense for Batman to kill henchman but let maniacs like The Joker live.....

I loved his Bruce Wayne/ Batman and imo he's the definite and I have never felt fear for a Batman like I did his everything was amazing and as far as i'm concerned they were accidental

Why wouldn't society put him to death after he's arrested.

This is so obvious it's not funny. We are taking about a madman here.

LOL, you have got to be kidding me. That IS funny. It's such a flimsy cop out it is actually hilarious.

http://occupytheory.org/insanity-plea-statistics/

http://www.cnn.com/2015/02/11/opinion/cevallos-insanity-defense/

According to recent insanity plea statistics, successful insanity defenses are rare. The rates vary from state-to-state, but on average, less than 1 defendant in 100-0.85% actually raises the NGRI defense nationwide. Ironically, estates with higher cases of NGRI defenses have lower success rates for NGRI defenses. The percentage of NGRI defenses success rates remains constant at around 0.26 percent.

But forget the fact that it's a joke in real life. You mean to tell me that a man who already clearly puts himself above the law (in the 0.26% chance it would defend Joker) and has shown no remorse or second-guessing over killing men in his way and actively sought to murder Superman, a guy who's been publicly saving people for over a year, based on the "1%" chance that he's not a good guy, would let a serial mass-murderer who killed Robin, go free just because he's insane? This Batman?

That's even stupider than the idea of Jason Todd being the Joker, which quite frankly is looking likely as every other rumor has seemingly been proven true. At least THAT would make a shred of sense.

It seems to me that some of you are ready and willing to take whatever they give you, no matter how nonsensical it is, as long as it pretends to be edgy and serious and looks cool.

Affleck gave a great performance, looked good in the Bat suit, had some fantastic fight scenes, and was the best thing about the movie. But his characterization of Batman was horrendous. Not even a contender for best movie Batman.

There's a legal loophole with attempted murder on Superman.

There's nothing in the law books saying you cannot murder an extraterrestrial. An attempt on Superman's life may not win them public support, but legally Batman and Luthor would've be in the clear.

Of course, this Luthor was stupid enough to create a rampaging monster in his quest to kill Superman. Property damage, threat to the public. For a guy that's supposed to be very smart, not so smart.

There's a legal loophole with attempted murder on Superman.

There's nothing in the law books saying you cannot murder an extraterrestrial. An attempt on Superman's life may not win them public support, but legally Batman and Luthor would've be in the clear.

Of course, this Luthor was stupid enough to create a rampaging monster in his quest to kill Superman. Property damage, threat to the public. For a guy that's supposed to be very smart, not so smart.

Not sure what you're trying to say. This Batman killed multiple men, why would he give a damn about a legal loophole letting him kill Superman?

I cannot wait to see a Ben direct Batman movie. He was the best part from the movie besides Superman and Wonder Woman.

People seriously hated the chase scene? I loved it, my jaw was open the whole time!

Not sure what you're trying to say. This Batman killed multiple men, why would he give a damn about a legal loophole letting him kill Superman?
You made a point about him trying to murder Superman. I merely offered a counterpoint to that. Killing an alien isn't murder. Legally speaking, you wouldn't be in the wrong for doing so. It's purely a judgment call.

I was actually hoping that Luthor especially would play up that angle. If he played his cards right, he could've tried to kill Superman without spending a day in jail.

Last edited:
You made a point about him trying to murder Superman. I merely offered a counterpoint to that. Killing an alien isn't murder.

usa-election-trump.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"