BvS Ben Affleck IS Batman - - - - - - - Part 34

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd argue that Batman's detective skills/intelligence is even more important to highlight in this ensemble. It's what sets him apart from the rest of the league. What else makes Batman special?

There is no physical attribute he has that Superman, WW, and the other don't already have (in an exponentially greater level).

Being cool and angsty is not enough, and I hope Snyder/Terrio/Affleck keep that in mind.

Technically there is, as he is still the best martial artist among them, but it just doesn't matter when compared to their powers.

And I agree about making Batman more of a detective, tactician and to some extent an inventor (especially when it comes to creating specialized tech and weaponry against meta enemies, like those kryptonite grenades in BvS).

And I agree about making Batman more of a detective, tactician and to some extent an inventor (especially when it comes to creating specialized tech and weaponry against meta enemies, like those kryptonite grenades in BvS).

This is the Batman I'd love to see. We could've got that with Nolan's Batman if he wanted. The Riddler in Nolan's trilogy would've been awesome to see.

Kurt Russell might join Guardians. So i guess i have to keep defending my Bryan Cranston pick for Jim Gordon.

leo-decaprio-shoulder-shrug.gif

This is the Batman I'd love to see. We could've got that with Nolan's Batman if he wanted. The Riddler in Nolan's trilogy would've been awesome to see.
Well we know that he does his own maintenance on the batmobile, and it looks relatively home made on the inside from what's been shown so far.

CWXM1UBU4AE8OXK.jpg:large

He looks so much like the character that I initially mistook this for an action figure.

Now bring on the regular suit! :cmad:

So far, they've been merchandising mech-suit and the regular suit 50/50. When (if) they release a Trinity photo, he'll be in a regular suit, so I guess they wanted to give him a mech-suit for solo poster.

Also, as I already said long time ago, mech-suit Batman is almost a different character, as we visually tie him to a Batman that is antagonistic toward Superman, so they sometimes use it depending on the type of message they want to send with those posters. This one would be "Batman V Superman" one more than "Dawn of Justice" one, so to speak.

I would certainly prefer a regular batsuit though.

I'm happy with the mech suit poster. It's been brought to life beautifully.

RON TROUPE: And what are your thoughts on the Batman? He’s human. Presumably.

LEX LUTHOR: Well, he is. In fact, I’d say he’s all too human. Any objective analyst will tell you that his brand of justice, vigilantism, is painfully outmoded, designed to be effective in an age when the law carried billy clubs because crime carried knives. The most dangerous guy on the street worked in the shadows because he was cowardly and superstitious. That’s all you needed to play upon in order to disrupt their operations. You want to clean up the streets? Dress up like the boogeyman, switch on a fog machine and lower your voice.

RON TROUPE: When you put it that way, it sounds ridiculous.

LEX LUTHOR: It didn’t when the Batman first appeared, but that was a long time ago. This is a new world, Ron, and it’s time to get serious.

CWd5AurWcAAt8qD.png

I'm falling back in love with the film again. I absolutely adore what Ben's saying about his portrayal of Bruce. That's been my dream interpretation from the get-go.

Keaton had a practically non-existent public life
Clooney was public, but lacked the pathos
Bale's was similar to Keaton, and his public persona was played purely for laughs

Oddly enough I think Kilmer probably came the closest to how I'd imagine Bruce to be outside the suit. Ben looks to be the type that is constantly trying to fill in the empty hole in his life, with the luxuries his wealth provides. At best having short stints of pleasure/happiness but never feeling truly fulfilled.

More and more I'm glad they went this post-peak route rather than starting from scratch all over again.

I like the line about not overplaying it. Batman is a somewhat subtle character at his best.

So far, they've been merchandising mech-suit and the regular suit 50/50. When (if) they release a Trinity photo, he'll be in a regular suit, so I guess they wanted to give him a mech-suit for solo poster.

Also, as I already said long time ago, mech-suit Batman is almost a different character, as we visually tie him to a Batman that is antagonistic toward Superman, so they sometimes use it depending on the type of message they want to send with those posters. This one would be "Batman V Superman" one more than "Dawn of Justice" one, so to speak.

I would certainly prefer a regular batsuit though.

Yeah very true. Good points.

CWd5AurWcAAt8qD.png

I'm falling back in love with the film again. I absolutely adore what Ben's saying about his portrayal of Bruce. That's been my dream interpretation from the get-go.

Keaton had a practically non-existent public life
Clooney was public, but lacked the pathos
Bale's was similar to Keaton, and his public persona was played purely for laughs

Oddly enough I think Kilmer probably came the closest to how I'd imagine Bruce to be outside the suit. Ben looks to be the type that is constantly trying to fill in the empty hole in his life, with the luxuries his wealth provides. At best having short stints of pleasure/happiness but never feeling truly fulfilled.

More and more I'm glad they went this post-peak route rather than starting from scratch all over again.

Where is this from? I'm loving what I read.

Where is this from? I'm loving what I read.

How do you feel about him portraying playboy Bruce at "full tilt?" I recall some Hypesters hoping that, as an older incarnation of the character, he'd moved away from or refined that persona.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"