BvS Ben Affleck IS Batman - - - - - - - - - - Part 37

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait, who did Batman kill?
mi1WrFH.gif

I feel like this is the definitive live action Bat currently. Keaton's was almost too mythical, Bale's was too....I guess grounded and real. This one is a hybrid. He's viewed almost as some kind of creepy spectre, yet he uses very down to earth methods to achieve said spectre-type visages.

I thought he was scary as hell. The very last Batman scene we got with him and Lex was so frighting. I also loved what they did with the lights.

s9Kmo36.gif

This Batman only approves of the destruction of private property when he’s the one doing the destroying lol. Batman tears through the city in his own personal tank, blows up some cars, shoots up a building with his Batwing, kills numerous anonymous henchmen, and lures a dangerous mutant back to a populated area without a coherent plan to defeat it. But he’s not an alien, so it’s OK

I thought he was scary as hell. The very last Batman scene we got with him and Lex was so frighting. I also loved what they did with the lights.

s9Kmo36.gif

Yes. This. That's my creepy Batman. I'm praying there's a similar scene with him and Waller in SS.

This Batman only approves of the destruction of private property when he’s the one doing the destroying lol. Batman tears through the city in his own personal tank, blows up some cars, shoots up a building with his Batwing, kills numerous anonymous henchmen, and lures a dangerous mutant back to a populated area without a coherent plan to defeat it. But he’s not an alien, so it’s OK

The area wasn't populated, and the movie wasn't even subtle about it.

Preview of Ben, Amy and Henry on the Graham Norton show tonight :yay:

[YT]http://youtu.be/fZp9nPfxJj0[/YT]

Preview of Ben, Amy and Henry on the Graham Norton show tonight :yay:

[YT]http://youtu.be/fZp9nPfxJj0[/YT]

I'll be watching that. Graham Norton's show is the bomb. I remember when Amy, Henry and Russell Crowe were on there for MOS.

You made a point about him trying to murder Superman. I merely offered a counterpoint to that. Killing an alien isn't murder. Legally speaking, you wouldn't be in the wrong for doing so. It's purely a judgment call.

I was actually hoping that Luthor especially would play up that angle. If he played his cards right, he could've tried to kill Superman without spending a day in jail.

Well, yeah, but I don't see how that's relevant. He's not trying to murder Superman because it's legal, he's trying to murder him because he has no problem with murdering people. And if there's a 1% chance he has to take it as absolute yada yada yada.

but the other stuff I said you ignore?

No because I can't really disagree with any of the others. But the one I bolded was completely false and I didn't think that one was fair to criticize.

While Batman being willing to kill isn't my preferred take, I appreciate the honesty of this version. I find versions of Batman who are overly violent and look down upon killing to be insufferable. Like when he acted Holier than Thou to Diana when she killed Maxwell Lord, but didn't make a peep about her killing Medusa, and she doesn't engage in the (sometimes unnecessary) torture he engages. I'll take Snyder's version over one like that any day of the week.

The people he beats up in the Arkham games would totally be dead if any sense of realism was applied.

I'll be watching that. Graham Norton's show is the bomb. I remember when Amy, Henry and Russell Crowe were on there for MOS.

Me too, it was my favourite interview out of the whole MoS promotional tour - Graham Norton is fantastic at bringing the very best out in his guests.

Ben's the best batman yet period. Looks like a batman, Looks like a Bruce Wayne... They need to get that Solo movie out ASAP.

Last edited:
I feel like this is the definitive live action Bat currently. Keaton's was almost too mythical, Bale's was too....I guess grounded and real. This one is a hybrid. He's viewed almost as some kind of creepy spectre, yet he uses very down to earth methods to achieve said spectre-type visages.

I have to say that this is the Batman I've been waiting for. A lot of things went wrong in this movie but Affleck's portrayal of Batman wasn't one of them. Ever since playing Arkham Asylum 7 years ago, I always wanted to see that Batman portrayed on the big screen and I got my wish here.

As for the whole killing thing, he went a little overboard, but it wasn't a deal breaker for me. Keep in mind, this is also a Batman that has gone through the wringer who's been doing this for 20 years and isn't taking half measures what happened to Robin, so he isn't as reluctant to cross the line anymore. However, he changed his tune by the end after seeing Superman's sacrifice, and that's shown in the scene where he visited Luthor in prison and didn't brand him. He's back to the old way of doing things, and it brought back a lot of his humanity.

People seriously hated the chase scene? I loved it, my jaw was open the whole time!

I did not enjoy the chase scene... felt it was there just for the sake of having a batmobile...... made me think of Fast 5 in one part..

I'd gladly trade the entire vehicle chase for Batman assaulting the bad guys on foot to try and get to his objective.... Batmobile going back into the cave scene was excellent though.

Affleck did fine with the given material in this very "beautiful disaster". There are missing pieces to him. I need a Batman solo.

I don't like that
Batman kills.
I don't think you're supposed to. His arc is one of redemption and moving toward the light a bit and I think that's pretty clever.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otewe2001
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"