Breaking Bad - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought Emilio Krazy-8's cousin was the DEA snitch

I think Krazy-8 was a snitch mainly to get rid of his competition.
He did not know what the heck was up with Walt, maybe that kind of information would have made the situation worse and get him killed for sure? Maybe Walt would tell the wrong people even if Krazy-8 was let go?

Oh, so he was like, an anonymus snitch? He didn't work for the DEA or anything?

I either remember or read or heard (podcast or forum or episode) that he was a snitch for the DEA, they did know who he was, a criminal giving them information. I at first also thought he was just undercover, making his death some big time f-up by Walt and Jesse, which would come back to hunt them big time. But Krazy-8 was just a small time criminal apparently given some degree of immunity in exchange for inside information.

I am going to spend the next few months thus: 1) Watch Battlestar Galactica, 2) Watch The Wire, 3) Watch The Shield, 4) Rewatch Breaking Bad, listen to the podcasts, and watch all the behind the scenes videos for the episodes on the AMC site.

Also, damn Dish, damn I say!

As requested by Blitz, I made this.

ibwg4T5XXmIrzG.gif
Splendid.

Aaron Paul is got dayum sexy. Goddamn.

I'm actually happy that Cranston lost. All the previous years he was the best, but this year Damian Lewis was just amazing. He deserved it.

PS: Very surprised that Paul won in for second straight time. LOL. I was pretty sure that Harris was taking this. Esposito was the man who should have gotten ti tough.

Yeah. This was Cranston's best season. Like I said though, until that night, I'd never heard a single thing about Homeland.

not only cranston got robbed, breaking bad got robbed. i dont think that cranston was too sad. he won three years in a row, but it's a damn shame that the best drama show since the wire and the sopranos still hasnt won an emmy for best drama/best writing/best directing.

i watched homeland's first season, it's a good show but seriously...giving an emmy to a new show for its first season? on the other hand you have breaking bad that has been amazing since the start, every new season beat the previous season...i just cant understand the decision...

Ok well since I don't feel like bumping a super old thread and we have been discussing it in here, I'm about to start The Shield series finale, these last few episodes OMG! I'm at a loss for words, this is so tragically beautiful

The Shield had a pretty f***ed up last season. But in a good way.

Yeah, man. I hated that last season, in a good way. It was just so upsetting. Until that last shot....

Where it looks like Vic is going vigilante.

Yea man, it was so good. I still feel like a few characters didn't get too much closure though that's for sure

It's kind of funny how huge a deal [blackout]snitching[/blackout] is in both The Shield and Sons of Anarchy. Kurt Sutter has some strong feelings about it, I guess. ;)

I could talk about the Shield forever. I don't think I've yet to watch a show that's engrossed me in such a way before (Breaking Bad obviously is pretty much on par - but the strength of that show is NOT knowing what will happen).

The Shield had so many "holy $@#%" moments it was unbearable (in a good way).

It had a little bit of Dexter syndrome at times, with Vic getting away with stuff when there's no plausible way he really should have. But other than that, it was pretty awesome.

I need to watch The Shield don't I? How many episodes is it?

Like 90 episodes or 80-something. 7 seasons, somewhere around 13 episodes each (although one or two had a different number, which is why I'm not sure of the exact number).

If religion is a reaction of man, and nothing more, it seems to me that it represents a human desire for wrongdoers to be punished. I hate the idea of Idi Amin living in Saudi Arabia for the last 25 years of his life. That galls me to no end. I feel some sort of need for biblical atonement, or justice, or something. I like to believe there is some comeuppance, that karma kicks in at some point, even if it takes years or decades to happen. My girlfriend says this great thing that’s become my philosophy as well. 'I want to believe there's a heaven. But I can't not believe there's a *** '- Breaking Bad creator Vince Gilligan on the philosophy behind the show.

I've read this years back, interesting piece that explains vince's struggle between believing in god and being realistic...

Last edited:
not only cranston got robbed, breaking bad got robbed. i dont think that cranston was too sad. he won three years in a row, but it's a damn shame that the best drama show since the wire and the sopranos still hasnt won an emmy for best drama/best writing/best directing.

i watched homeland's first season, it's a good show but seriously...giving an emmy to a new show for its first season? on the other hand you have breaking bad that has been amazing since the start, every new season beat the previous season...i just cant understand the decision...
Agreed. I don't care how good Homeland is... It's still no Breaking Bad.

I actually just started watching The Shield and finished the 1st season. S**t got real in the last two episodes. It was crazy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"