C. Nolan's Interstellar - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha, I still remember Reign of Fire, where he was honestly the more well known name than Bale at that point.

I just hope Nolan picks a pretty damn amazing supporting cast...

Funnily enough while following TDKR kvz5, doomsdayapex and a couple of others were talking about how much we liked Reign of Fire (at least I was :o).

In fact I'll go ahead and look for it so I can actually say "I've liked him and his work all along" seeing as it's true. That will be my ID.

Here it is :) :

http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=383393&page=41

http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=383891

Can't speak for kvz5 and others who cheered for his death or didn't like the movie. :p

Ah, good times. I remember that! :D

Good, I'll go on record and say how weak that movie was.:cwink:

Be gone, dragon hater! :argh:

Reign of Fire is okay but I never got the nerd love for the film. Personally I'm more of an Outlander girl myself if when are talking about B movies.

Reign of Fire is okay but I never got the nerd love for the film. Personally I'm more of an Outlander girl myself if when are talking about B movies.

Me too!

rereact5_zps469f069b.gif

I still haven't seen Reign of Fire, it's one of those movies that on my radar of old films I need to see but it never became top priority.

I really enjoyed it. A cool different look at the dragon story and the dragons are still the best ever seen on film

you have 24 hours to watch Reign of Fire. then i will spoil the whole movie with gif's from tumblr.

GO :)

I still remember the Reign of Fire PS2 video game. It had all kinda different species of dragons n stuff. Fun game from what I remember

McConaughey was badass in Reign of Fire.

tumblr_lij29rUsUp1qcq1g8o1_500.gif

everything was badass. bald,beard,tattoo,jacket,accent,weapon,how he acts. it was a perfect character for a B dragon movie. being part of SHH over a year and not watching Reign of Fire is a sin. a sin.

Yeah, I liked Reign of Fire, mostly for the cast. McConaughey, Bale and even Butler were all really good. The script was silly, but I mean, it's a movie about dragons in the present day. What were people expecting?

IMO, the only major problem was how little we saw of the dragons. When they did show up, they looked awesome, but they needed to feature them more. I guess they just didn't have the budget for that though.

Rob Bowman is directing Castle as of late. Did not know that was the same dude.

Reign of Fire was pretty awesome. I certainly wouldn't call it a B movie either, at least not the way I understand the term.

Last edited:
Funnily enough while following TDKR kvz5, doomsdayapex and a couple of others were talking about how much we liked Reign of Fire (at least I was :o).

In fact I'll go ahead and look for it so I can actually say "I've liked him and his work all along" seeing as it's true. That will be my ID.

Here it is :) :

http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=383393&page=41

http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=383891

Can't speak for kvz5 and others who cheered for his death or didn't like the movie. :p

I'm not denying it man. :funny:

I completely get with his career choices over the past decade that he's lost recognition, negating his better films from before or during that time, hence the dislike.

That being said though, I've always liked him. :oldrazz:

Last edited:
McConaughey was badass in Reign of Fire.

tumblr_lij29rUsUp1qcq1g8o1_500.gif

I was flipping through the channels one day and just saw this moment. My little brother cracked up like crazy at this. It's the only scene he's even seen of the film.

I've always enjoyed McConaughey in his serious roles. I hope this happens.

I haven't seen his recent stuff but he was good in Contact and really good in A Time To Kill.

Unusual choice for Nolan, but he's a perfectly fine actor when he's not doing stupid rom-coms, so I'm not upset about it.

I'm more curious about the supporting cast though. I suspect we'll get some Nolan "regulars" in there.

I've always liked, him, I don't know why some would hate. But it's been a long time since I've seen him in something really good, I think he has great potential, just never has fully gone the full 10 yards.

But he is awesome as hell in Tropic Thunder.

"Well...at least you get to chose yours...." *looks at picture of him and his son (greatest picture ever).

Ugh, Bale in that movie is just nasty... that ain't right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"