C. Nolan's Interstellar - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this is mentioned all the time but it's still amazing to me what he was able to do in 4 months. It's unreal.

OfdsgLe.jpg

Bold choice by Nolan. I'm not the biggest Matthew supporter but he's no pushover. I know that for damn sure. I loved him in films like A Time to Kill, Lincoln Lawyer, Tropic Thunder, Two for the Money and Reign of Fire.

I know this is mentioned all the time but it's still amazing to me what he was able to do in 4 months. It's unreal.

OfdsgLe.jpg
Going from Holocaust survivor to MMA fighter in four months? Yeah, I'd say that's pretty impressive...

OfdsgLe.jpg
we still think that he didnt use any steroids? actors are not competing in sports. they can take steroids and HT and its OK. its impossible for a human on this planet to gain so much muscle mass in 4 months. even with muscle memory. not possible without gear.
what was amazing was how he lost the weight for Mechanist. how he lost the weight and survived.

Well he actually got too fat. He's far more fat than muscule in Batman Begins. I'm sure he had some sort of supplement to go with his nonstop diet of eating and lifting

we still think that he didnt use any steroids? actors are not competing in sports. they can take steroids and HT and its OK. its impossible for a human on this planet to gain so much muscle mass in 4 months. even with muscle memory. not possible without gear.
what was amazing was how he lost the weight for Mechanist. how he lost the weight and survived.
Gear or no gear it's still impressive. Steroids and HGH or any other PED's aren't this magical elixir that make you muscle bound in a day. You need to put in as much work if not more so than a natural to get proper results.

it was hard work the first 2 months. he said he couldnt do one push-up

I'm sure Bale put in the work but he obviously used some kind of supplement or something. He's not literally Batman.

......>_>

I've always wondered how some actors do stuff like that without dropping dead from strokes or heart attacks. For a normal person to lose weight like that it takes months of not eating and developing a meth addiction risking possible death. I just do not get how some actors are able to do that ****

I've always wondered how some actors do stuff like that without dropping dead from strokes or heart attacks. For a normal person to lose weight like that it takes months of not eating and developing a meth addiction risking possible death. I just do not get how some actors are able to do that ****

Commitment.

I'm not sure that was point. I understand that aspect of it. I don't understand how their body physically can handle it. Weight fluctuations like that are extremely hard on your body.

I'm not sure that was point. I understand that aspect of it. I don't understand how their body physically can handle it. Weight fluctuations like that are extremely hard on your body.

And weight fluctuations like that can be pretty dangerous as well.

Obviously, I'm super pumped for this film, as pumped as the next guy. However, after TDK Trilogy, I would have liked to see Nolan go...smaller for his next film.

After he's done with Interstellar, I'd love to see Nolan tackle a film that doesn't have a massive budget or mind-bending special effects.

iirc he actually put on too much weight before Begins and couldn't fit into the suit. He had to crash diet again and drop some it right before filming. Also I believe he said he'd never do it that fast again as his health suffered noticeably.

Obviously, I'm super pumped for this film, as pumped as the next guy. However, after TDK Trilogy, I would have liked to see Nolan go...smaller for his next film.

After he's done with Interstellar, I'd love to see Nolan tackle a film that doesn't have a massive budget or mind-bending special effects.

Or sci fi period. That's why before McConaughey attached I wasn't very interested. He already did sci fi with Inception, please move onto something else. Especially since Nolan seems to be capable of doing other genres, which we've seen hints of in his past films. Namely horror. That was something I'd rather see than this.

Well, people expect cerebral or pseudo-cerebreal from him, and that is what most sci-fi is. So, yeah. Everything he's done has had a twinge of sci-fi to it.

Or sci fi period. That's why before McConaughey attached I wasn't very interested. He already did sci fi with Inception, please move onto something else. Especially since Nolan seems to be capable of doing other genres, which we've seen hints of in his past films. Namely horror. That was something I'd rather see than this.

Inception was more contemporary sci-fi. I am more excited for Interstellar then some of his previous films due tot he fact this will be "pure space sci-fi" All of his films has limited him to Earth/crime in some way or another. To see him take off into 2001 genre/category is unlike anything he has ever done. Doing horror would...maybe be interesting but would still be in line with what Nolan has done in the past.

I think going into Kip Thorne's mind and into what Spielberg called was going to be his 2001 is something radically different then anything Nolan has done before.

Nolan is one of a handful of director's I look forward to seeing new projects from regardless of genre.

Someone needs to make me a side-eye gif for this occasion. :o

WHY????

If anything, there were a good portion of Nolan's fans hoping he'd go back to the Sci-Fi genre right away.

Inception is one of my favorite films ever, I'm am giddy as hell that he is back doing sci fi.

I only truely loved one of his Batman movies (Duh, the second one) so I am so happy he is done with that franchise. I want Nolan to do a million big sci fi projects.

If you love him so much why don't you marry him?

:oldrazz:

For me: Each of Nolan's Batman movies > Inception

Though I really dig Inception too, I just love TDKT so much. :)

Stoked for Interstellar, at this point my most anticipated for 2014 (along with DOFP).

Personally, my Nolan favourites go:

The Dark Knight=The Dark Knight Rises>Memento>Inception>The Prestige>Batman Begins>Following>Insomnia

So glad he's doing sci fi though, especially if Spielberg called it his 2001. I really think this is going to be something special.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
monke77
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"