C. Nolan's Interstellar - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would anyone be able to pm the script that has been discussed? Thanks a many!

Morgan Freeman talks Interstellar:

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=77EKqPdRhFI[/YT]

He didn't know the movie was getting made lol. Bless him

KsLDarB.gif

Morgan Freeman talks Interstellar:

[YT]77EKqPdRhFI[/YT]

He didn't know the movie was getting made lol. Bless him

The video wasn't loading for me but it's now fixed.:)

Dt7dCnq.jpg

Last edited:
Of course Michael Caine revealed his role. :lmao:

http://www.npr.org/2013/05/30/187296744/michael-caine-i-spent-my-life-doing-something-that-i-love

"I won an Academy Award for The Cider House Rules, playing an American. It was fascinating — it still is fascinating for me. I'm about to do a sort of thriller with Ben Kingsley, and then I'm going to do a picture with Al Pacino where he plays an aging rock star who wants a last tour, and then I'm going to be a professor in Christopher Nolan's new film Interstellar. ... I'll be 95 before I get over all that.

Wasn't he a professor in Inception as well? Sounds like it's going to be the same sort of thing.

Spoilers everywhere. And the movie has yet to start shooting :woot:

I really wouldn't mind if Caine played some type of on-screen version of Kip Thorne.

Not happy to see Zimmer scoring it. Nolan should collaborate with someone else for a change of pace.

I think he's shaking up his cast and crew pretty well as it is... I'll let him away with bringing Zimmer back.

Like he's doing with Anne Hathaway and Michael Caine.

lol, where did I say otherwise? But besides, he IS branching out with the actors this time. He's never worked with McConaughey or Chastain. When he keeps using Zimmer, it robs each new movie of its own musical identity. Zimmer is probably just going to keep rehashing the same sound he's been using for 10 years.

Oh god no

C'mon Nolan , even D. Julyan minimalism was better.

Directors having long-term music collaborators is nothing new: Spielberg has Williams; Burton, Elfman; Carpenter, Howarth, and so on.

Edit:

What I should have added was that once directors hit the gold streak (such as those above,) they retain the key personnel on their productions. Now that I think about it, the films Carpenter made without Howarth are his worst; and in the case of Burton, the one film he made without Elfman is his best (Ed Wood); I'd comment on Spielberg, but I have consult his filmography, as I want to prevent any anecdotal evidence from entering my argument.

Last edited:
Never thought for one moment that Zimmmer isn't doing the music so I'm not surprised at all.

Yeah, not surprising at all.

I think Nolan really enjoys the process he has with Zimmer where Zimmer starts doing demos after reading the script. I bet hearing that stuff gets Nolan inspired and fired up before the shoot. The value of a great working relationship can never be underestimated. The only thing more fun and rewarding than making movies is making movies with your friends.

Well that wasn't exactly surprising.

Also, some possible spoilers on Chastain's role:

The website representing the two little girls who did the audition tapes has posted some additional info about it

"TWO of our child actors, Hannah Chassereau and Taylor Spires, just wrapped up their AUDITION tapes (at our Agency) for their New York Theatrical Agents to submit for a feature film.
Project: INTERSTELLAR
T…ype: Feature Film
Genre: Science Fiction
Director: Christopher Nolan
Writer: Christopher Nolan, Jonathan Nolan and Kip Thorne
Studio: Warner Bros. Pictures and Paramount Pictures
Prod. Co.: Lynda Obst Productions
Producer: Christopher Nolan, Steven Spielberg and Lynda Obst
Casting Director: John Papsidera
Casting Associate: Deanna Brigidi-Stewart and Sophie Ragir
Job Dates: Start Date August 6, 2013
Cast: Jessica Chastain Set
Anne Hathaway Set
Matthew McConaughey Set
Michael Caine Set
Storyline: An exploration of physicist Kip Thorne’s theories of gravity fields, wormholes and several hypotheses that Albert Einstein was never able to prove.
Role: The Girl 9 – 12 years old, a young Jessica Chastain-type; honest and sensitive."

This pretty much confirms the theory that Nolan has expanded Murph's role from Jonah's draft and changed his gender, so Chastain is playing Cooper's daughter.

Also interesting that Spielberg is listed as a producer

Also, some possible spoilers on Chastain's role:

The website representing the two little girls who did the audition tapes has posted some additional info about it

"TWO of our child actors, Hannah Chassereau and Taylor Spires, just wrapped up their AUDITION tapes (at our Agency) for their New York Theatrical Agents to submit for a feature film.
Project: INTERSTELLAR
T…ype: Feature Film
Genre: Science Fiction
Director: Christopher Nolan
Writer: Christopher Nolan, Jonathan Nolan and Kip Thorne
Studio: Warner Bros. Pictures and Paramount Pictures
Prod. Co.: Lynda Obst Productions
Producer: Christopher Nolan, Steven Spielberg and Lynda Obst
Casting Director: John Papsidera
Casting Associate: Deanna Brigidi-Stewart and Sophie Ragir
Job Dates: Start Date August 6, 2013
Cast: Jessica Chastain Set
Anne Hathaway Set
Matthew McConaughey Set
Michael Caine Set
Storyline: An exploration of physicist Kip Thorne’s theories of gravity fields, wormholes and several hypotheses that Albert Einstein was never able to prove.
Role: The Girl 9 – 12 years old, a young Jessica Chastain-type; honest and sensitive."

This pretty much confirms the theory that Nolan has expanded Murph's role from Jonah's draft and changed his gender, so Chastain is playing Cooper's daughter.

Also interesting that Spielberg is listed as a producer

I knew it. I was f****ing right! :awesome:

Nolan can't do without his Zimmer Frame.

It's like Steven Spielberg and John Williams.

I knew it. I was f****ing right! :awesome:

And I was wrong :csad:

I'm just wondering how this is going to work. Unless she goes to space too, or there's some kind of Earth sub-plot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"