C. Nolan's Interstellar - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Paramount might even be able to help WB in their Justice League endeavor. For years they were the co builders of the MCU so they know what they're doing when it comes to that.

Paramount merely marketed and distributed those movies, they didn't have any say in the actual film production and development.

If they get involved with a DC property like a MOS sequel or JL, they'll definitely have more clout than the MCU deal.

Paramount merely marketed and distributed those movies, they didn't have any say in the actual film production and development.

If they get involved with a DC property like a MOS sequel or JL, they'll definitely have more clout than the MCU deal.
They were far more involved that merely distribution. Marvel had a lot of say but Paramount had some involvement in the development cycle all the way up through Iron Man and Captain America. They're the ones who got the Thor rights back from Sony not Marvel.

You're underselling their contributions.

WB really wants to hold Nolan :funny: His rep is kinda crazy.

I'm pretty sure WB has the whole distributing films and reaping profits thing down, which is all Paramount was really involved in. They even got to continue slapping their logo on to films and reaping huge profits from films they didn't even actually do the distribution for.

If Paramount hadn't given Marvel the benefit of the doubt by putting themselves on the line of the loan that Marvel took out with Merill Lynch to make the initial MCU line up then none of it would of happened.

They distributed and marketed but they did so much more than that. They went far beyond what most distribution deals request of its distributor to do. They were incredibly proactive.

The amount of confidence was unseen/unheard of and no other studio put that amount of confidence in Marvel as they did. Iron Man was picking up dust at New Line Cinema (WB) and so was Thor over at Sony. Paramount to this day doesn't get nearly enough credit as it deserves.

They were far more involved that merely distribution. Marvel had a lot of say but Paramount had some involvement in the development cycle all the way up through Iron Man and Captain America. They're the ones who got the Thor rights back from Sony not Marvel.

You're underselling their contributions.

You do have a good point. However, the copyrights on the Par-distributed pics are Marvel Film Finance, LLC (MVLFFLLC) not Paramount.

Regardless, it should be interesting if Paramount wants to get involved with WB's DC properties.

If Paramount hadn't given Marvel the benefit of the doubt by putting themselves on the line of the loan that Marvel took out with Merill Lynch to make the initial MCU line up then none of it would of happened.

They distributed and marketed but they did so much more than that. They went far beyond what most distribution deals request of its distributor to do. They were incredibly proactive.

The amount of confidence was unseen/unheard of and no other studio put that amount of confidence in Marvel as they did. Iron Man was picking up dust at New Line Cinema (WB) and so was Thor over at Sony. Paramount to this day doesn't get nearly enough credit as it deserves.

It's like some people undersell Jon Fav. He was the one who fought for Robert Downey Jr. in the first place for Iron Man.

All this film needs now is Henry Cavill

Paramount might even be able to help WB in their Justice League endeavor. For years they were the co builders of the MCU so they know what they're doing when it comes to that.

Good point here. They were involved with WB on a DC production as well (Watchmen).

I think the negotiations skew pretty well in Paramount's favor than WB. WB still stays in business with Nolan and sheds two franchises they're not keen on, but they'll lose 50% of that "A-list" property profits to Par.

I think Paramount purposely got that clause in... since the active A-list properties WB have is limited right now. It could be a theoretical Pacific Rim sequel, Nolan's post-Interstellar film, or even a DC property.

It could be, as WB and Par co-produced Watchmen. There is precedence in that area.

Is there anyone who can PM me the leaked draft?? I would greatly appreciate it!

It could be, as WB and Par co-produced Watchmen. There is precedence in that area.
I think so as well. Especially seeing as their Marvel contract is no more. They were making a hefty bit to say the least from that partnership. Seeing them want to get back into the superhero genre would be no surprise to me.

Someone show this to that guy in the Man of Steel boards that said WB should fire Nolan (for introducing "realism" to the comic genre). That spider-whatever guy.

LOL, link?

And I'm game if it's a DC property. Paramount will need this, since STID underperformed and WWZ will probably make them lose a lot of money

It was a part of a discussion that happened a week ago. i don't have a link.

Someone show this to that guy in the Man of Steel boards that said WB should fire Nolan (for introducing "realism" to the comic genre). That spider-whatever guy.

lol. WB has made some strange moves lately.

1. They fired a very experienced and competent executive to please Robinov. Said executive ended up at Disney and is now courting WB's favorite filmmaker to leave for the Mouse House. Nolan and Horn are very good friends.

2. Robinov alienates Legendary Pictures and now Legendary is threatening to stop working with WB. Legendary's owner is good friends with Nolan.

3. Robinov has a complete meltdown when he finds out he won't be CEO at WB. He screams at his boss on the phone. He is now on the hot seat and might get fired.

So they could have kept Horn, who had a good relationship with both Nolan and Legendary Pictures. Instead, they chose to side with Robinov and now they might end up firing Horn, firing Robinov, losing Legendary's financial support, and losing Nolan's talent at the end of the day. Can you say shooting yourself in the foot?

Yeah, but I wouldn't put Watchmen in a "A-List" film category, so that is different circumstances. The only two "A-list" DC properties that I could think of are Batman and Superman, and I doubt they would give half of that up just for Nolan to do Interstellar.

lol. WB has made some strange moves lately.

1. They fired a very experienced and competent executive to please Robinov. Said executive ended up at Disney and is now courting WB's favorite filmmaker to leave for the Mouse House. Nolan and Horn are very good friends.

2. Robinov alienates Legendary Pictures and now Legendary is threatening to stop working with WB. Legendary's owner is good friends with Nolan.

3. Robinov has a complete meltdown when he finds out he won't be CEO at WB. He screams at his boss on the phone. He is now on the hot seat and might get fired.

So they could have kept Horn, who had a good relationship with both Nolan and Legendary Pictures. Instead, they chose to side with Robinov and now they might end up firing Horn, firing Robinov, losing Legendary's financial support, and losing Nolan's talent at the end of the day. Can you say shooting yourself in the foot?

That's just plain embarrassing. I really like WB but they come across more to me as a company should stick to doing epic fantasy/book adaptations.. Plus they make ****** decisions which doesn't help

WB has their good sides. Like letting their filmmakers have a healthy amount of creative control. Only WB could've greenlit a faithful Watchmen adaptation.

So they went beyond the call of duty for a distributor, but they still don't have much to offer WB/DC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"