Civil War Captain America 3: Box Office Prediction Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gitesh Pandya‏@GiteshPandya
Going into 2nd wknd dom (3rd wknd intl) #CaptainAmericaCivilWar has now banked $223.3M dom, $564.9M intl for $788.2M global

Gitesh Pandya@GiteshPandya
#CaptainAmericaCivilWar set to shatter $800M global today & shd surpass #BatmanvSuperman tomm breaking $900M on SAT.

$8.2M yesterday. Only down 700k from the day before.

BOT forums are saying an $8.3m for Thursday. I would have preferred it stay above AoU but this is still fine. $75m+ 2nd weekend is for sure and $80m+ is very much in play.

Based off a 1st Week total of 223 M:

Domestic Weekly Total (Not Weekend) Prediction (in millions of $)
W2 112 (-50%)
W3 68 (-40%)
W4 40 (-41%)
W5 20 (-50%)
W6 8.5 (-58%)
W7 4.4 (-48%)
W8 3.2 (-27%)
W9 2.5 (-36%)
W10-W20 5M

263.6 remaining weeks

Final domestic prediction total: 486.6 M

BOT forums are saying an $8.3m for Thursday. I would have preferred it stay above AoU but this is still fine. $75m+ 2nd weekend is for sure and $80m+ is very much in play.

$8.3 million Thursday would still put CW above the same Deadpool and BvS Thursdays, but yeah, I would have hoped for a better Thursday figure above AoU. Still hoping for a good 2nd weekend figure of at least $80 million.

Also, I don't think summer has kicked in for a lot of schools yet in America. Hopefully as more and more summer vacations start, the week-over-week dips will be less, leading to a stronger total by the end of the run.

It only needs $211.8M to hit $1B WW by Sunday night. C'mon, guys. We can do this. We have to.

Even if it doesn't pass $1B by Sunday night it should be very close.

It only needs $211.8M to hit $1B WW by Sunday night. C'mon, guys. We can do this. We have to.

I don't really understand this way of thinking because:

(1) How can, let's say, a few dozens or at most 100 SHH members who frequent CW sub-forum, have much effect on CW's box office? The money made from us is like 10k at most, which could barely register in CW's box office.

(2) I get it if you want to spend the money to enjoy the experience or if you recommend the movie to your friends and family, but encouraging people to see the movie to put more money in the bank account of millionaire shareholders and executives at Disney is totally incomprehensible for me. Of course I get it that you can BOTH enjoy the movie and donate more money for Disney, but if you do that for both reasons, then I don't understand the sense of the second purpose.

I don't really understand this way of thinking because:

(1) How can, let's say, a few dozens or at most 100 SHH members who frequent CW sub-forum, have much effect on CW's box office? The money made from us is like 10k at most, which could barely register in CW's box office.

(2) I get it if you want to spend the money to enjoy the experience or if you recommend the movie to your friends and family, but encouraging people to see the movie to put more money in the bank account of millionaire shareholders and executives at Disney is totally incomprehensible for me. Of course I get it that you can BOTH enjoy the movie and donate more money for Disney, but if you do that for both reasons, then I don't understand the sense of the second purpose.
He used to do this type of cheerleading on the GotG BO thread and other websites' BO articles so pay no mind to it. He'll get over it.

When it comes to sports, a certain contingent of people don't just love the game. They love stats as well. Stats is a pretty common hobby. I look at box office, budget etc. as the stats of movies. Some people are just really interested in it and want the box office to hit certain milestones. It's like wanting your favourite athlete to get 'X' number of points for whatever reason.

When it comes to sports, a certain contingent of people don't just love the game. They love stats as well. Stats is a pretty common hobby. I look at box office, budget etc. as the stats of movies. Some people are just really interested in it and want the box office to hit certain milestones. It's like wanting your favourite athlete to get 'X' number of points for whatever reason.

(Uhm, I'm not sure if you were replying to my post above, but I'm gonna assume that you replied to me anyway)

I want CW to get great box office number too, because I want good movies get rewarded, it's just that I don't understand the attitude of ENCOURAGE one's self and others to go to the movie (solely or partly) to boost the box office. I think we should just let nature take its course, not trying to and encourage others to do something that skew the real number (and tbh a few movie goers can barely skew the number in the first place).

(Uhm, I'm not sure if you were replying to my post above, but I'm gonna assume that you replied to me anyway)

I want CW to get great box office number too, because I want good movies get rewarded, it's just that I don't understand the attitude of ENCOURAGE one's self and others to go to the movie (solely or partly) to boost the box office. I think we should just let nature take its course, not trying to and encourage others to do something that skew the real number (and tbh a few movie goers can barely skew the number in the first place).

I wasn't really replying to anyone actually. It was just a thought I had in general that I've been meaning to post for awhile now.

I do agree with you, though. However I also feel that if it truly makes someone happy, or gives them extra satisfaction, to go see a certain movie several times to add that bit of extra box office revenue then that's totally fine. It's their way of investing in something they love.

It definitely hits a billion, just a question of if it passes Iron Man 3.

He used to do this type of cheerleading on the GotG BO thread and other websites' BO articles so pay no mind to it. He'll get over it.

I thought those posts sounded familiar. I think I would see him every week in the, I believe, Deadline comments section cheerleading for GotG: "C'mon, guys...let's get out there...we can do this...". Maybe it was TWS. Or AoU. Or all of the above.

Lawdy.

Gitesh:

Following 1 full wk in domestic thtrs, #CaptainAmericaCivilWar is running +7% vs #BatmanvSuperman, +5% vs IronMan3 & -5% vs Ultron.

I thought those posts sounded familiar. I think I would see him every week in the, I believe, Deadline comments section cheerleading for GotG: "C'mon, guys...let's get out there...we can do this...". Maybe it was TWS. Or AoU. Or all of the above.

Lawdy.
He was definitely doing it on the BO articles for Deadline and a couple others. I was also one of the many people (both here and on those articles) to tell him stop it since it was getting annoying. He stopped doing it on subsequent MCU films but it looks like he's back to doing it.

CW predictions based on Thursday numbers...

Friday: $22.6M (+177%)
Saturday: $37.1M (+64.3%)
Sunday: $25.8M (-30.4%)
SECOND WEEKEND TOTAL: $85.5M (-52.3%)

Monday: $6.22M (-75.9%)
Tuesday: $6.23M (+0.158%)
Wednesday: $4.81M (-22.7%)
Thursday: $4.16M (-13.6%)
SECOND WEEK TOTAL: $107M (-52.1%)

PROJECTED TEN-WEEK DOMESTIC GROSS: $533M (2.98x)

CW predictions based on Thursday numbers...

Friday: $22.6M (+177%)
Saturday: $37.1M (+64.3%)
Sunday: $25.8M (-30.4%)
SECOND WEEKEND TOTAL: $85.5M (-52.3%)

Monday: $6.22M (-75.9%)
Tuesday: $6.23M (+0.158%)
Wednesday: $4.81M (-22.7%)
Thursday: $4.16M (-13.6%)
SECOND WEEK TOTAL: $107M (-52.1%)

PROJECTED TEN-WEEK DOMESTIC GROSS: $533M (2.98x)

What about for third weekend and Memorial Day Weekend?

*Clicks on the thread, sees half of the people on here claiming it won't hit $1 B, the other claiming it will still break $500 M dom.*
*Whistles, walks out*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"