Confession is good for the Hype. - - - - - - Part 15

My guess is bc the current dating world is a cesspool and there aren’t enough reliable decent men to marry let alone procreate with.

I confess I never wanted kids because 1- I have wonky medical history and 2- this isn't really the kind of world to raise a kid in, I get the feeling it's all going to get much worse before it gets better. Which is why my current gf is nearly perfect, no possibility of accidental procreation, score!

Yeah, I can barely take care of myself, and I wouldn't be able to give a child the life and support they deserve. I already worry about my nephews future when the planet will be near uninhabitable.

Tell your biological clock you'll get there when you're ready. :argh: Plus there's artificial insemination or adoption.

My clock is winding down. I just turned 34. My parents had me at 39 so I know there is time but Gunny hit it on the head

As for adoption, I’m not against it, but I would also like to have a mini me so to speak. As much as I didn’t want to before because I was scared of passing down some horrible traits, I think I have enough decent ones to where it could be worth a shot.

My guess is bc the current dating world is a cesspool and there aren’t enough reliable decent men to marry let alone procreate with.
That’s it

i've thought about it, but that idea doesn't really appeal to me. i don't know when it happened, but somewhere in the back of CC's subconscious, she had this little thought that she actually did want to create and start a family after all, after over a decade of being adamantly against it. it sucks lol.

I confess I never wanted kids because 1- I have wonky medical history and 2- this isn't really the kind of world to raise a kid in, I get the feeling it's all going to get much worse before it gets better. Which is why my current gf is nearly perfect, no possibility of accidental procreation, score!
I hear you on that. My current health is rather good when it comes to hereditary illnesses, but I'm not sure I want to risk it.

My clock is winding down. I just turned 34. My parents had me at 39 so I know there is time but Gunny hit it on the head
Happy birthday, I guess.

Whilst I can understand your perspective here, it's not a very positive one to have! :p

Maybe it'll be your offspring that help solve the worlds problems.

My clock is winding down. I just turned 34. My parents had me at 39 so I know there is time but Gunny hit it on the head.
I can relate to this. My parents had me in their early 20's, I'm now 32, and the idea of starting a family would likely be within a three year window (simply because I'd need to first meet someone, feel they're right for me and the family life, and then have a child) so I'd be looking at me being 35/36, which doesn't seem old in itself, but the number of people I know around my age who already have children makes it seem out of the norm.

i've thought about it, but that idea doesn't really appeal to me. i don't know when it happened, but somewhere in the back of CC's subconscious, she had this little thought that she actually did want to create and start a family after all, after over a decade of being adamantly against it. it sucks lol.

Yeah, I get it! The thought of being a single mum is not appealing at all but it all depends on the "why" do you want it.

1). Do you just want to be a mum? or 2). you want the guy AND the kids.

I ask myself that, every time I get anxious about it. So that way I make myself remember what the heck I really want.

I'm about your age so I get the feeling but I'm still "cool about it", since I want option B, the guy and the kids. Maybe a dog, the house and the white fence. Yeah, the whole combo but since I still haven't found what I'm looking for I'm patiently waiting.

I confess I feel zero paternal instincts toward little kids. Or really any fondness whatsoever.

I'm about your age so I get the feeling but I'm still "cool about it", since I want option B, the guy and the kids. Maybe a dog, the house and the white fence. Yeah, the whole combo but since I still haven't found what I'm looking for I'm patiently waiting.
A white fence? No. It’ll get dirty too quick. Paint it brown, or black.

Yeah, I get it! The thought of being a single mum is not appealing at all but it all depends on the "why" do you want it.

1). Do you just want to be a mum? or 2). you want the guy AND the kids.

I ask myself that, every time I get anxious about it. So that way I make myself remember what the heck I really want.

i'm an option B gal too.

I confess I can't stand fans that reflexively dump on Disney any more than I can stand people that absolutely need to crow about Dinsey's successes as though any of them were either a part of creating anything for a major studio or personally profitted from anything produced by Disney.

That kind of mindless lemming behavior is annoying in general.

IT'S MARVEL SO I HAVE TO DUMP ON IT

IT'S DC SO I HAVE TO DUMP ON IT

Then there's the geniuses who think Spider-Man having an ethnically diverse cast when it's set in Queens, one of the most ethnically diverse neighborhoods in the United States, is "forced diversity" and "SJW".

Or Star Wars fans who think exceeding the apparent quota of more than one non-white person per galaxy is "forced diversity".

I’ve had a new job since Sept 3. I haven’t been paid yet. I’m told that they are on a biweekly pay schedule but they had me on probation for the first week. That was their justification for delaying pay. I supposedly get paid tomorrow. My wife, father in law, and father have told me that if they don’t hand over a check first thing in the morning, to say that I’ll come back at the end of the day to get it.

Part of me loves the job. I work in an auction house and I get to deal with historic items. Part of me hates it because I’m constantly being pulled in three directions at once, and management is chaotic and unorganized. I’ve looked at employee reviews and they have said the same thing. Part of me knows I should quit but I have no backup job. I didn’t know, but they are legally required to show money after 16 days of work. It’s been 27.

I’ve had a new job since Sept 3. I haven’t been paid yet. I’m told that they are on a biweekly pay schedule but they had me on probation for the first week. That was their justification for delaying pay. I supposedly get paid tomorrow. My wife, father in law, and father have told me that if they don’t hand over a check first thing in the morning, to say that I’ll come back at the end of the day to get it.

Part of me loves the job. I work in an auction house and I get to deal with historic items. Part of me hates it because I’m constantly being pulled in three directions at once, and management is chaotic and unorganized. I’ve looked at employee reviews and they have said the same thing. Part of me knows I should quit but I have no backup job. I didn’t know, but they are legally required to show money after 16 days of work. It’s been 27.
After that excuse they gave you they were supposed to pay you 4 days ago.
A place like that should have legal aid, you should check things with them to see how to get your first check tomorrow, without unnecessary deductions.

I did as everyone said and left when they didn't have the check ready. Shockingly, I got fired. I came back and picked up the check. So yeah my wife and her family are proud of me for standing up to my former bosses but now I'm out of a job so what good did it do? They had talked about hiring a lawyer to get my pay, or getting Osha involved. All over one month of work.

Anyway, my mother in law was helping us paint a room today, and she dropped off some bedsheets for a new bed. She also dropped off another cross with a bible verse printed on it. Another religious icon for us to display in our home that we didn't ask for.

I confess I want to run for a seat on my city council.

What’s your platform?
I want to create a new recycling program for the city sanitation to streamline it and to create new jobs for our community. I also want to help create an affordable rehabilitation center for recovering addicts and invest in safe injection zones. I want to create greater punishment for dealers and drug distributors. Lastly, I want to add bike trails and walking paths throughout our community to allow more environmentally friendly travel. I've been constantly told that a car is required to go around town or to have a job.

I want to create a new recycling program for the city sanitation to streamline it and to create new jobs for our community. I also want to help create an affordable rehabilitation center for recovering addicts and invest in safe injection zones. I want to create greater punishment for dealers and drug distributors. Lastly, I want to add bike trails and walking paths throughout our community to allow more environmentally friendly travel. I've been constantly told that a car is required to go around town or to have a job.

Given how you have described your parents and the area you reside in previously I have to ask if you have found any constituency that would support the clean injection angle on a local level?

I think out of all the positions you outlined that's the one that could hurt you the most election wise. Are there enough people where you live that would support that? Would it be too easy to paint that as "too liberal" or "immoral"?

Put your own sense of morality aside, as well as what you believe are the practical benefits of this policy, which I think are many, but do you have a reasonable faith in those voting that it won't be used as a cudgel against you by more conservative voices where you live?

Again, going off your past statements about where you live it sounds like you would have a lot on your plate just trying to move the needle on getting support and funding for the recycling, rehabilitation and eco-friendly transportation ideas. A program for addicts to inject drugs safely might be a bridge too far for some.

I also ask, on your other initiatives, have you looked into how those can be implimented with say, help and input from further up the food chain in government at the state or Federal level? Also whoohing local businesses and getting their input would help.

I mean, you admire Warren, no? The motto is "She's got a plan for that!" Well your platform would require at first glance some heavy planning, needing, I assume, an approach to zoning issues, the local and likely state authorities that cover roads, road safety and transportation, the government entities involved in public sanitation, as well as any private sanitation companies, add in the local, state and perhaps public health institutions and law enforcement.

That's just off the top of my head. Have you researched all that? Do your proposals take any of those factors and agencies into account? I could see needing to have answers to all that at the ready in a campaign, and that's just for your platform.

If you take the plunge, good luck.

Given how you have described your parents and the area you reside in previously I have to ask if you have found any constituency that would support the clean injection angle on a local level?

I think out of all the positions you outlined that's the one that could hurt you the most election wise. Are there enough people where you live that would support that? Would it be too easy to paint that as "too liberal" or "immoral"?

Put your own sense of morality aside, as well as what you believe are the practical benefits of this policy, which I think are many, but do you have a reasonable faith in those voting that it won't be used as a cudgel against you by more conservative voices where you live?

Again, going off your past statements about where you live it sounds like you would have a lot on your plate just trying to move the needle on getting support and funding for the recycling, rehabilitation and eco-friendly transportation ideas. A program for addicts to inject drugs safely might be a bridge too far for some.

I also ask, on your other initiatives, have you looked into how those can be implimented with say, help and input from further up the food chain in government at the state or Federal level? Also whoohing local businesses and getting their input would help.

I mean, you admire Warren, no? The motto is "She's got a plan for that!" Well your platform would require at first glance some heavy planning, needing, I assume, an approach to zoning issues, the local and likely state authorities that cover roads, road safety and transportation, the government entities involved in public sanitation, as well as any private sanitation companies, add in the local, state and perhaps public health institutions and law enforcement.

That's just off the top of my head. Have you researched all that? Do your proposals take any of those factors and agencies into account? I could see needing to have answers to all that at the ready in a campaign, and that's just for your platform.

If you take the plunge, good luck.
Mostly younger voters around 18-30 seem to like the idea of the safe injection zone. Our community has been dealing with drugs for quite some time. Our local sherriff and police department have been cracking down on both users and dealers. But their efforts have produced little results. I figure give these people tools to better themselves to become productive members of society. The safe zones are a stretch I agree. I think it would be the next step of the affordable rehabilitation center idea. I would have to ease into it.

There was a proposal by the city to create bike trails and walkways recently to increase eco-friendly travel a few months back, but it failed to gain traction due to budgetary problems. The support was there mainly for it to be easier for people in our community to find alternative means to get to work or children to schools.

I have looked into local businesses and private practices in the area on both the rehab and recycle ideas. There are local recycling centers (all scrap metal) that are privately owned that I'm looking into forming a partnership with our city's sanitation department as we have an issue with polluted areas in our town with heaps of trash. I would like to expand to glass, paper, and plastic. I also was looking into giving a tax break to anyone willing to enroll into the recycling program.

I have a city tax plan that I'm still working on. I'm doing research on the city's average income and the budget. From what I've seen, this town needs a budget reformation before any plans can be put into action. I need to find a way to get the funds without alienating constituents. I'm not sure I could pull a wealth tax on a city level. :funny:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"