Confession is good for the Hype. - - - - - - Part 15

To make things worse she thinks Mariah Carey is a terrible singer and only knows Christina Aguilera as the blonde girl from The Voice.
Mariah is great though. :csad: And does she not even know Beautiful or Genie in a Bottle? What is this terrifying world we're living in???? :confused:

Mariah is great though. :csad: But she doesn't even know Beautiful or Genie in a Bottle? What is this terrifying world we're living in???? :confused:
I didn't ask, but I think it's a case of Mariah Carey struggling with her nodes. She knows Christina's songs, but doesn't know it's her.

I didn't ask, but I think it's a case of Mariah Carey struggling with her nodes. She knows Christina's songs, but doesn't know it's her.
This is just sad.

tumblr_od6w8vPIcH1utlp2vo5_400.gif

I think it's just the newer generations are bombarded by so many different mediums that it's impossible for them to know their history unless they are interested in it or if their parents make it a point to introduce it to them.

Children growing up in the 80s and most of the 90s, didn't have tv shows outside the standard networks, had to wait months or a year for movies on home video, not the internet we have today, no youtube and just MTV.

How many of us grew up on reruns? I think most kids just plow through those channels that are showing older shows.

So it doesn't surprise me that there are people who aren't impressed by Mariah or Christina.

In my opinion, the real problem is their pop culture in general! Basically, nowadays anyone can be an artist. You no longer need to have a great voice and good lyrics to make it out there... just try to sing the same words all over again for 3 minutes and you are good to go, don't forget to include some explicit lyrics, that's key.

Back when mums were to stay at home raising their kids, those kids knew what the good oldies were (David Bowie, Queen, Phil Collins, Rod Stewart, The Rolling Stones, James Brown, The Beatles, Aretha Franklin, and many many more) or maybe even the olders were to entretain the little ones -because there was not such thing as internet or Pepa Pig-, you would listen to their music, very cool music.

Now, with internet, tablets, tv shows, kids are almost raised in front ot the tv or computer even more than before. And they consume all that express culture which is not very high quality.

How many great bands (classic ones) can we name since 2000s?

I was going to say Coldplay? But I think they got together in the 90s?

In my opinion, the real problem is their pop culture in general! Basically, nowadays anyone can be an artist. You no longer need to have a great voice and good lyrics to make it out there... just try to sing the same words all over again for 3 minutes and you are good to go, don't forget to include some explicit lyrics, that's key.

Back when mums were to stay at home raising their kids, those kids knew what the good oldies were (David Bowie, Queen, Phil Collins, Rod Stewart, The Rolling Stones, James Brown, The Beatles, Aretha Franklin, and many many more) or maybe even the olders were to entretain the little ones -because there was not such thing as internet or Pepa Pig-, you would listen to their music, very cool music.

Now, with internet, tablets, tv shows, kids are almost raised in front ot the tv or computer even more than before. And they consume all that express culture which is not very high quality.

How many great bands (classic ones) can we name since 2000s?
I was going to say Panic at the Disco and Paramore, but I don't think they really count anymore since they like Maroon 5 are comprised of just the lead singer and people playing instruments.

Yeah Yeah Yeahs and White Stripes come to mind though I don't think younger generations know who they are.

White Stripes is very good, tho'

Panic at the Disco is a very good one too.

But, let's go for something more popular.

people arent big on country music, but there are some good bands in the genre. Zac Brown Band immediately comes to mind. and they are very versatile and play multiple genres
some of my fave groups in the 90's were TLC, Hootie, Fugees, Bad Boy lol, Brooks & Dunn

This is a mildly embarrassing confession but it is a large part of my life so...

I have gynandromorphophilia. I can only hope this doesn't skew anyone's opinion of me.

But if it does that's fine too. Man's got to know his limitations.

This is a mildly embarrassing confession but it is a large part of my life so...

I have gynandromorphophilia. I can only hope this doesn't skew anyone's opinion of me.

But if it does that's fine too. Man's got to know his limitations.
why should that be embarrassing?! You like what you like, bud.

Don't ever let anyone make fun of it or bully you for that.

I confess I was never that political until the 2016 election made me. I never discussed politics as much as I do now. I have never felt so angry about world affairs, healthcare, racial division, and much more since. I don't know if this is a good thing or bad thing.

My current job has only lasted for a month. After 14 years working in super markets, I was hired as a bank teller. The pay was much better, I wouldn’t be working near a hot oven, frying food, dealing with masses of customers, and would be getting benefits.

But I keep screwing up how things are done. Banking has a very rigid way that things must be done and having ADD really makes learning that system difficult. My new therapist also seems to think that I may have a learning disability.

Yesterday my boss told me I’ve struggled with learning more than anybody he has taught in 14 years. Next week he is sending me to another location to be taught by someone that is much tougher. My boss and a coworker said he would chew you out over things in front of people. I refuse to be treated that way. I’ve told my current boss about my ADD and he has been extremely patient but as he said yesterday, “We can’t be in training mode forever.”

So I’m going to tough out the bank for the rest of the week and job hunt. My wife doesnt want me to go back to my old job because she says I get complacent and stop job hunting.

@Hobgoblin , I'm so sorry to hear that, buddy. I know how badly you wanted out the deli.

I wish you the best and this time I'd totally listen to your wife. Don't go back to the deli, something else (better) will come along, stay in the bank as long as you can (I believe they are already paying you, so a day or a few days more will result in a nicer check to cash)!

Maybe they have another position for you, and if not... well, let's see what's available.

Hobgob is there any training or reading you can do on your own time to help you in this? Maybe the person you’re being sent to work with won’t be as bad as they’re saying. Just do your best and that’s all anyone can really ask for. And maybe do a little bit of job hunting in the mean time instead of quitting all out.

I just got a call, my cousin killed herself with a gun. It's surprising in the moment to hear that but the signs were there, an unhappy marriage & kids in trouble with the law & anxiety/depression.

I confess that at one point I contemplated ending but it was momentary and I had an excellent support team around me to keep me off that road. But it would have been so easy.

If you're at a point where you can't deal with stuff any longer you must reach out for help, any kind of help because this is too final of a solution to play around with.

im so sorry to hear about that. i've lost more family and friends to suicide than i'd like to admit. it's never easy. my condolences

i confess i am kinda scared that i might never have children

Regarding suicide, there’s a lot of secret killers out there that cause suicide; debt, depression, bereavement, loneliness, relationships etc etc etc

People need to speak up and talk to each other. There are people out there willing to listen and offer guidance. Short if terminal illness and death, everything can get better. That’s my belief anyway.

i confess i am kinda scared that i might never have children
Might I ask why?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"