Confession is good for the Hype. - - - - - - Part 15

If you find yourself getting agitated from posts on here, but find it difficult to resist reading them, maybe a break from the site might help you? I always find that helps when people are pushing my buttons. Nothing extreme, but like a week or two might help recharge your patience batteries if you find them running low.

I have before. But at the same time I want to keep up with the discussions about pressing stuff that’s going on right now.

My narcissistic writer ex is on a roll with one of his stories, and I'm trying to be supportive now that he's actually motivated and churning words out, but my God, it's a constant deluge of posting these long excerpts and wanting my thoughts on them, and it kind of brings back memories of how annoying his narcissistic rambling would get when we were together.

My narcissistic writer ex is on a roll with one of his stories, and I'm trying to be supportive now that he's actually motivated and churning words out, but my God, it's a constant deluge of posting these long excerpts and wanting my thoughts on them, and it kind of brings back memories of how annoying his narcissistic rambling would get when we were together.

I've no idea who split with who and I'm not wanting to or asking you to divulge, but if you've been hurt and are still 'supporting' to this level with an ex, that isn't healthy for you, particularly if he is 'leaning' on you and it is resurfacing old wounds. Be there for a voice by all means but don't get so entrenched it hurts.

Is your ex KRYPTON? :o

I confess I never related to MAGAs and never want to, but I'm starting to understand where the "liberal snowflake" mentality is coming from and I'm seeing it on places that I never thought I would see...

Is your ex KRYPTON? :o

tenor.gif

I confess I'm currently in one of my spirals where I convince myself everyone here (or wherever I happen to be at the moment) dislikes me and wants me gone.

I confess I'm currently in one of my spirals where I convince myself everyone here (or wherever I happen to be at the moment) dislikes me and wants me gone.

I don’t want you gone. I respect your opinions and value your posts even though I think you’re correct and incorrect on some stuff and we disagree on different things (particularly Batman casting choices where it’s clear I am right!!). However you write intelligently and help me learn as well Your posts are witty, thoughtful and have wonderful nuggets of truth

I think we all go through periods where we over-analyze every social interaction, and pick apart everything we've said to others because we're convinced we must have said something to offend them or upset them. We make a mountain out of a molehill in our own minds. It's a difficult habit to break, and it leaves you anxious about how others think of you.

But I don't think you have anything to worry about when it comes to this place. This place would be worse off without you. Like the post above said, you're a thoughtful and intelligent poster.

I don’t want you gone. I respect your opinions and value your posts even though I think you’re correct and incorrect on some stuff and we disagree on different things (particularly Batman casting choices where it’s clear I am right!!). However you write intelligently and help me learn as well Your posts are witty, thoughtful and have wonderful nuggets of truth

I think we all go through periods where we over-analyze every social interaction, and pick apart everything we've said to others because we're convinced we must have said something to offend them or upset them. We make a mountain out of a molehill in our own minds. It's a difficult habit to break, and it leaves you anxious about how others think of you.

But I don't think you have anything to worry about when it comes to this place. This place would be worse off without you. Like the post above said, you're a thoughtful and intelligent poster.

Thanks guys. I hesitate to confess stuff like that sometimes because I worry it comes off like attention-seeking and fishing for compliments.

I confess I’m proud, maybe too much, of the fact that several of my photographs and rants involving the pandemic were accepted and displayed at the Illinois State Museum website and archive.

be proud! that's pretty awesome

Thanks guys. I hesitate to confess stuff like that sometimes because I worry it comes off like attention-seeking and fishing for compliments.

you've never seemed like a fisher. i confess things here i'd probably never say out loud to anyone in real life. if i were to, i could probably count on one hand to whom i would. probably have fingers to spare to

you've never seemed like a fisher. i confess things here i'd probably never say out loud to anyone in real life. if i were to, i could probably count on one hand to whom i would. probably have fingers to spare to

Same. I’ve said stuff in this forum, for better or worse, that I’d never tell.....probably anyone IRL.

be proud! that's pretty awesome
Thank you. I feel like I finally get to be a historian. I got my degree in 2006 and it’s been collecting dust. It was weird taking pictures of completely mundane things around the store and area but I think they will be important for future researchers.

You have a home here as much as the rest of us, can only speak for myself, but certainly, would never want you 'gone'.

I confess that I like to think of myself as all “truth, beauty, freedom, love” liberal, but in my bleakest moments I think maybe Meryl Streep has a point in The Giver when she says “when people have a choice, they choose wrong”.

Eh. It'd be nice if we lived in a society that everyone thought about everyone else. Other times, you have to choose selfishness for yourself and those around you. There was a vote years ago for improvements to the school system. I live in one of the highest taxed states, I chose no.

Eh. It'd be nice if we lived in a society that everyone thought about everyone else. Other times, you have to choose selfishness for yourself and those around you. There was a vote years ago for improvements to the school system. I live in one of the highest taxed states, I chose no.

On my mail in ballot this year I voted against the school levy and against more funding for child services but for more funding for maintenance of the state metro parks, because I don’t have children but I do appreciate the state parks. Sometimes you just gotta act in your own selfish interests.

Of course, other times like during a pandemic, you should have the modicum of social responsibility to wear a mask and not party it up, but that’s a lot to ask apparently.

The Japanese do it right. A sick person wears a mask to keep others healthy, not to prevent himself from getting sick.

Good luck getting people to think like that here. We’ve taken the freedom of the individual too far.

The Japanese do it right. A sick person wears a mask to keep others healthy, not to prevent himself from getting sick.

Good luck getting people to think like that here. We’ve taken the freedom of the individual too far.

Well it also helps that in a lot of Asian countries they habitually wear masks anyway due to severe air pollution, so they’re already culturally used to it.

Thank you. I feel like I finally get to be a historian. I got my degree in 2006 and it’s been collecting dust. It was weird taking pictures of completely mundane things around the store and area but I think they will be important for future researchers.
That's cool. Congratulations man, it's nice to live your dreams.

I confess I never related to MAGAs and never want to, but I'm starting to understand where the "liberal snowflake" mentality is coming from and I'm seeing it on places that I never thought I would see...
I never understood the “liberal elitist” idea. Then I went to grad school and the condescension was real. Of course, there are lots of ways to be elitist. I think putting yourself on a pedestal for being a Christian gun owner is pretty elitist.

Speaking as a probably condescending liberal, sometimes it's hard not to feel "elitist" looking at all the mouth breathers around me.

I confess I've been using alcohol prep pads to sanitize and clean electronics for years without realizing that they may be stripping the oleophobic coating.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"