Confession is good for the Hype. - - - - - - Part 15

I confess I forgot how much my ex looked like a young Jon Stewart and sounded like discount Matthew McConaughey so Josh Lucas.

I confess I forgot how much my ex looked like a young Jon Stewart and sounded like discount Matthew McConaughey so Josh Lucas.

Are you thinking this as a good thing or a 'thank goodness for that' scenario ?

i confess i am not looking forward to christmas, i'm just ready for it to be over

i confess i am not looking forward to christmas, i'm just ready for it to be over
I'm the complete opposite. I just graduated in the summer and worked retail jobs as a student so this is the first Christmas I'll have to spend entirely with family. There's another regional lockdown where I am that starts on Boxing Day and my friends in retail are so glad for it. No more Karen's complaining about your returns policy over Christmas, just peace and quite.

The ironic part is I usually spend a **** ton of $$$ on Christmas presents and this year I’m actually doing better financially. I just have zero motivation to buy presents this year. I don’t have that extra mental energy or motivation.

I have zero motivation for Christmas shopping.

i'm never fond of the shopping. i hate the consumer side of the holiday.
but i don't have many happy memories of Christmases past, so i prefer to just stay by myself and relax for the day

The 'commercial' pressure is awful at Christmas time, I think the pandemic has taken some of that away to a degree and many are shopping on-line. Its really about appreciating who and what we have rather than needing oodles of gifts and expense.

It's just going to be my GF and I at hers this year, for a very quiet, cozy one.

I confess that while this will be a very tight Christmas, financially speaking as I've just become unemployed, I'm very grateful for where I live (NZ) and feeling sorry for the rest of the world where Covid is still a serious problem.
I hope the new vaccines can bring it under control so that all of you can get back to a more normal way of every day life, and spend time with people you care about.

Hope you all stay safe and well over the holiday season - and please spare a thought for the people of Fiji and the Pacific, cycle ( hurricane) Yasa just blew through there with sustained winds of well over 200 kph and gusts of around 300 kph ( not too far off 200 mph).

I felt kinda guilty yesterday after it snowed. I walked outside saw my neighbor with shovel in hand. Took out my snow blower, in less than an hour (Needed to shovel for the front stoop and brush off the car) and I was done. He was still working.

I did ask him in the past if he wanted help and he declined. So I feel if he wants help he can ask.

Maybe if we get 18-24 inches.

I confess that even though I try to deny it, I secretly enjoy Christmas and buying expensive gifts for my parents. They deserve the World.

I confess that even though I try to deny it, I secretly enjoy Christmas and buying expensive gifts for my parents. They deserve the World.

I pride myself on being a good Christmas shopper. My manager for example LOVES The Princess Bride, so last year she got a wine glass set with quotes from the movie on them, Cary Elwes’ memoirs about the making of, and the original William Goldman book.

I feel a little lame just getting people gift cards this year but I really have no mental energy for Christmas shopping.

. My manager for example LOVES The Princess Bride, so last year she got a wine glass set with quotes from the movie on them
That was very thoughtful and what I really like about making gifts! When you really take the time to choose something nice for the other person.

I feel a little lame just getting people gift cards this year but I really have no mental energy for Christmas shopping.

Don't put that much pressure on you! It has been a chaotic year for all of us, you don't need that.

Treat yourself with love, cut yourself some slack. And this goes to everyone reading this!

i confess that i'm not very good at wrapping methinks lol. these corners aren't sharp! ugh

next year i think i'm switching to bags.
stocking up after christmas on those 90% off sales

You all should buy the gift wrapping that has the small boxes on the other side to help you measure/gauge.

i don't know what that is, but i'm curious

i don't know what that is, but i'm curious
throwpillows.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"