Confession is good for the Hype. - - - - - - Part 15

i don't even know how to describe it. i just feel more emotional and weak right now. it's probably fatigue and/or my back problems i'm dealing with at the moment
What do you do usually that helps your emotional well being?

nothing healthy i'd imagine?

usually just ignore it, sleep it off

Well what makes you usually happy?

I know you are still going through a lot with your dad.

Yesterday I bought a wrist strap for my Carple tunnel and was told today that I can’t use it. It’s a contamination risk. I’ve seen other people use them for years but I guess things changed. Never mind having it makes me better at my job and that I got carple tunnel in the first place from jobs like this.

Did you ask? Or did they see you with it?

are you still in the deli? that could be why

is there a smaller option you can wear that would be covered with sanitation materials?
or at the very least, a doctor's note that says you can wear as needed

are you still in the deli? that could be why

is there a smaller option you can wear that would be covered with sanitation materials?
or at the very least, a doctor's note that says you can wear as needed
I’m not sure, the boss just said I couldn’t wear it. I have a doctor appointment next month, so I’ll ask.

if your doctor knows about the brace now, you could call the office and just have them fax/mail you the note now

They diagnosed me with the carpal tunnel two years ago so they know that much. The brace is a new thing. I’ll contact them and see what they say.

They diagnosed me with the carpal tunnel two years ago so they know that much. The brace is a new thing. I’ll contact them and see what they say.
I used to be a union rep and Title 1 of the ADA states that an employer must provide reasonable accommodation for people with disabilities. That can take a lot of forms and if you are having a difficult time, you might consider telling your supervisor that you really want to work on how you can best do your job. Human Resources may need to get involved. I'm assuming you don't have a union or I'd steer you there. Just make sure everyone knows that your focus is to do the best job possible.

I used to be a union rep and Title 1 of the ADA states that an employer must provide reasonable accommodation for people with disabilities. That can take a lot of forms and if you are having a difficult time, you might consider telling your supervisor that you really want to work on how you can best do your job. Human Resources may need to get involved. I'm assuming you don't have a union or I'd steer you there. Just make sure everyone knows that your focus is to do the best job possible.
That’s great advice, thank you.

I did talk to a higher level manager and he said that braces aren’t allowed in food prep areas but can be worn while on break. He did recommend getting a doctors note but said I may have to be moved to a different department.

I really didn’t want to hear that. The deli is one of the highest paying departments in the store.

That’s great advice, thank you.

I did talk to a higher level manager and he said that braces aren’t allowed in food prep areas but can be worn while on break. He did recommend getting a doctors note but said I may have to be moved to a different department.

I really didn’t want to hear that. The deli is one of the highest paying departments in the store.

So, it's conceivable that you might be able to get a lateral transfer to a department that would accommodate your issue without taking a pay cut, but, if you really like working there and wouldn't want a transfer, talk to your doctor about how you might be able to continue doing your current job.

I don't know a lot of your details, but the approach I always take is to search out all avenues. In your case, work related and medical advice are probably the best people to talk to about how to continue. You'll have to balance what's best for you; money, work enjoyment, and what you can actually do seem to be the issues here.

The wrist brace hasn’t been an issue since then, thankfully. I haven’t needed to wear it. I did keep it.

Yesterday the boss was making me feel useless with her constant criticism. Today a coworker said he’d rather have me train him than anyone else in the department. It was really gratifying.

Another work confession:

Last night the boss had us cook 21 chickens. Two were sold and the rest were thrown away.

Our blast chiller is broken so we can’t freeze them but it still sucks.

They didn't let the workers take them home? :(

Another work confession:

Last night the boss had us cook 21 chickens. Two were sold and the rest were thrown away.

Our blast chiller is broken so we can’t freeze them but it still sucks.
Ugh when I worked a Dollar General while starting college, we threw away so much stuff. Some of it worked, but we couldn't resell them due to a company policy about what we could and couldn't markdown. It just attracted dumpster divers and if the EPA wasn't gutted they would drop the hammer on them.

We used to donate a lot more food than we do now, so I assume that someone got sick (or claimed to be) so we did away with hot food donations. I admit, we do donate a lot of nonperishables. That does make me feel a little better. Unfortunately we have quotas regarding food production and they don’t care if we have to throw it away.

Sometimes I think about going into teaching. I had been an education major when I started college but the reality of teaching turned me off. It might be more fulfilling and coworkers seem to like to get my help. I just don’t like talking too much, so lecturing is kind of out of the question.

We used to donate a lot more food than we do now, so I assume that someone got sick (or claimed to be) so we did away with hot food donations. I admit, we do donate a lot of nonperishables. That does make me feel a little better. Unfortunately we have quotas regarding food production and they don’t care if we have to throw it away.

I have this love/hate relationship with those "dumpster diving" videos... are those real? I just can't stop watching them from time to time, but I still find it extremely shocking that big retailers (such as: B&B works, 5 and below (?), V's S, Nike, etc.) threw away so many things in good conditions. And some of them destroy them on purpose.

I really hate it when people find food in good condition and absolutely OK for consumption, instead of donations or else. Isn't there any kind of rule/s, law to punish this? Or a system that allows companies to donate food in exchange for... less VAT or taxes?

Where I work, the food banks come twice a week for donations. We have a MFI in our store almost every day inspecting what comes in.

There are certain things we are not allowed to sell as markdowns like medicines, or torn items that don’t have inner packaging (ex: sugar). a lot of that I’m sure is to prevent lawsuits and the like and sadly most companies would rather just not risk it.

Where I work, the food banks come twice a week for donations. We have a MFI in our store almost every day inspecting what comes in.

There are certain things we are not allowed to sell as markdowns like medicines, or torn items that don’t have inner packaging (ex: sugar). a lot of that I’m sure is to prevent lawsuits and the like and sadly most companies would rather just not risk it.
Yeah, I thought so (about the complaints or lawsuits). It's so sad, though! With so many people starving and in need.

What's a MFI?

My beautiful mother died earlier today. I hope there's a God and that she's still somewhere out there in the universe in some sense.

I’m sorry to hear that Captain Tired. At least her pain is over.

My beautiful mother died earlier today. I hope there's a God and that she's still somewhere out there in the universe in some sense.
Aw, my condolences. I don't know you but I've been where you are now. I do believe in God and I'm sure you will see each other again. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulsantiagoolg
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"