The Avengers Crowd Reports!

I wonder if there will be standing ovations at the end of the movie!.

Superman 3 (I was so little)

Kill Bill vol. 1..... idk why.

I'd love for Avengers to have one. I think I'll start it myself.

nah, probably just the same audience that drove it to the box office numbers it enjoys. the real world is very different that the cynical one the internet presents itself as.

Lmao isn't that the truth! As far as ovations, alot of that has to do with the time you see it. Most midnight screenings are full with hardcore fans, more liable to express pleasure (or disdain) audibly.

On the flip side there are also more ignorant teens in attendance as well. The few midnight screenings I went to (Batman Begins, The Incredible Hulk & The Matrix Reloaded) had very exuberant reactions. In the Matrix case, not all good reactions...

I remember we had a standing ovation for Spider-Man... I was only a kid but it was beautiful. The energy that night... wow.

I think if a movie deserves an standing ovation,after reading the highly positive reviews,its The Avengers.Ive never seen such positive and enthusiastic reactions since..I dont know...

I've gone to a lot of advanced releases and midnight shows and I don't think I've ever seen a standing ovation.

People were screaming so loud at Iron Man though that I couldn't hear Nick Fury's line at the end.

I think the common expectation of an after the credits scene kills a lot of the momentum for possible after the credits scenes.

I cant wait to see some crowd reports coming!!.

My guess is that thursday´s midnight showings are going to be sold out...

Dont forget to post your crowd reports here guys.I think it opens today in Australia.:yay:

Any showings sold out?.

Had a lot of people show up to my screening (when they opened up a lot of the kids started running :p).

Lots of laughing in the cinema at great moments and a generally good vibe. We never get clapping in Australia so that's out (except for The Dark Knight. That was the only time and it was only about 4 people, including me).

My advance screening was packed, naturally. Thankfully they were a respectful crowd, and the laughs and such only made it more of an experience.

My showing had a smattering of applause at the end, was about 3/4 full.

Lmao isn't that the truth! As far as ovations, alot of that has to do with the time you see it. Most midnight screenings are full with hardcore fans, more liable to express pleasure (or disdain) audibly.

On the flip side there are also more ignorant teens in attendance as well. The few midnight screenings I went to (Batman Begins, The Incredible Hulk & The Matrix Reloaded) had very exuberant reactions. In the Matrix case, not all good reactions...

I was on of those people :oldrazz:

The fight sequences had no meaning. It was story, story, story, then the story stops and a fight sequence that had nothing to do with the story occurs. Rinse repeat.

In the cinema where I saw the movie, an ovation at the end and three applause during the final battle.:woot:

I have never, ever seen a standing ovation in a movie! lol,, crazy!,,

well there an ovation and then theres a standing ovation.

My theatre was packed since I watched it in the afternoon.

But at the same time, in all of the 8 cinemas in the mall that I went to, all of them were showing The Avengers.

oh, everyone who ever states again that the post credit scenes are just for fanboys because the common movie goer has left the building by then: not one single person in my theatre yesterday raised their ass until the marvel studios logo showed up.

My cinema was packed and burst into applause and laughter quite a few times which doesn't happen as often here in the UK.

Most people stayed in their seats until the mid credits scene. A few people asked me if it was worth watching, I said hell yes you have to stay!

Ended up trying to explain
Thanos
to a few people.

I made sure I listened to "Live to Rise", absolute tune, goes so well with the credits.

oh, everyone who ever states again that the post credit scenes are just for fanboys because the common movie goer has left the building by then: not one single person in my theatre yesterday raised their ass until the marvel studios logo showed up.

That ain't just with this film. By the time the Cap film came out last year, every time I saw it in theaters almost the entire audience stayed to the very end. I'd never seen them do it that consistently for any of the other MCU films, but by Cap they all knew the score.

Can´t wait to see U.S audiences crowd reports this weekend!:cwink:.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"