The Avengers Crowd Reports!

I gotta say, i went to the showing with the best crowd. People reacted in all the right places and no one was annoying, as they can be. I was surprised that no one moved as the credits started rolling; everyone just sat there waiting for the extra scene lol. And then, everyone clapped and cheered.

For me, this was one of the most enjoyable experiences in terms of the crowd, second only to the audience that i watched Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith with :woot:

I gotta say, i went to the showing with the best crowd. People reacted in all the right places and no one was annoying, as they can be. I was surprised that no one moved as the credits started rolling; everyone just sat there waiting for the extra scene lol. And then, everyone clapped and cheered.

For me, this was one of the most enjoyable experiences in terms of the crowd, second only to the audience that i watched Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith with :woot:

Cool report!.Thanks.:up:

CROWD REPORT!!!

It's been a week since the movie was released here in the Philippines and I must say, everytime I check the line on the ticket booths, there are still a lot of people wanting to see this. Yesterday I was going to ask if there is any reserved tickets for this coming Friday and I was surprised when I heard a conversation that the seats on yesterday's showing was full and there were only 2 seats left.

seen it 4 times so far in 4 different cinemas with 4 different crowds. The crowd at the premiere at the IMAX was fantastic, so was the crowd at my 3rd time. Both of those showings were completely sold out and almost everyone kept their asses in the seats until the Marvel logo showed up. There were even cheers and clapping. (Haven't witnessed that since LOTR) The 2nd time I saw this movie was on an early afternoon. It wasn't sold out but there were few seats left. Crowd left before the midcredit scene, only a handful stayed. 4th time was a cinema in the center of the city. Not sold out at all but those who were there seemed to had only mild interest in the movie at all. at least in the beginning. They went completely nuts after the first Hulk out and went into fanboy mode at the final battle. Still, no love for the midcredit scene. We were the only ones who watched it.

Both times I've seen it the crowds were awesome. Crowd lost it both times with HULK vs LOKI. A lot of applause at the end but more rapturous at the i-MAX showing.

seen it 4 times so far in 4 different cinemas with 4 different crowds. The crowd at the premiere at the IMAX was fantastic, so was the crowd at my 3rd time. Both of those showings were completely sold out and almost everyone kept their asses in the seats until the Marvel logo showed up. There were even cheers and clapping. (Haven't witnessed that since LOTR) The 2nd time I saw this movie was on an early afternoon. It wasn't sold out but there were few seats left. Crowd left before the midcredit scene, only a handful stayed. 4th time was a cinema in the center of the city. Not sold out at all but those who were there seemed to had only mild interest in the movie at all. at least in the beginning. They went completely nuts after the first Hulk out and went into fanboy mode at the final battle. Still, no love for the midcredit scene. We were the only ones who watched it.

Well most movie goers often leave as soon as they saw the credits, even few of my co-workers you have watched a lot of Marvel films tend to leave, only to be reminded by yours truly that there is a after credits scene and then they get disappointed that they didn't stay for it.

I'm from Cleveland, and our local Cinemark (Tinseltown for some folks) is starting the line at 11 am Eastern Time. My husband and I plan to go down there around 6pm, we will be attending the 12:02 am showing. I'm fairly excited, and will update throughout the day.

I'm from Cleveland, and our local Cinemark (Tinseltown for some folks) is starting the line at 11 am Eastern Time. My husband and I plan to go down there around 6pm, we will be attending the 12:02 am showing. I'm fairly excited, and will update throughout the day.

Wow!.Great to hear that.Thanks!!:yay:

the Crowds HERE all Loved the Film.
We had Disney, Dr Pepper, Red Baron, and Hershy Execs and employees here, so a somewhat mixed group of around 500. :D

Well, i saw it at a fan screening so naturally, the atmosphere was electric as hell. I'm sure 80% of the people in there were rabid fanboys. i usually hate packed theatres but that was one of the most fulfilling cinema experiences of my life. Watching that movie with hundreds of fans who love and appreciate the characters as much as u do is something else.

Applause at the end, dont think i remember experiencing that before at the cinema. Also lots of laughs, Hulk got the biggest 2, and also Thor

T"Challa;23136049 said:
Well, i saw it at a fan screening so naturally, the atmosphere was electric as hell. I'm sure 80% of the people in there were rabid fanboys. i usually hate packed theatres but that was one of the most fulfilling cinema experiences of my life. Watching that movie with hundreds of fans who love and appreciate the characters as much as u do is something else.

Same here I hate going to theaters with so many people, most of them are annoying, but this is an exception for me, I wanna see people's reactions while watching the film :)

2 viewings, 2 very different crowd reactions. People on saturday were amused through all of the movie, basically every one liner was laughed at, albeit moderately. Today people seemed to apprechiate the movie itself more, were concentrated and laughed alot less, but stronger therefore, as far as I can tell, everybody enjoyed it, gasped at amazing moments, etc.
both viewings were afternoon shows with very few people.

Its going to be exciting to see the first crowd reports from U.S midnight screenings today!!.:woot:

Anyone in the US already see crowds lining up for the midnight showing?

The showing I went too the crowd were really into it

include reactions to the trailers (I want how crowd react to TDKR and ASM plus any other trailers that in front)

Okay, i know i said that i would update, but i got absolutely no internet signal in the theater.

We got there around 5 pm and there were about 100 people there in line. However, our Cinemark also did a movie marathon, $20 to watch all 5 films leading up to The Avengers. About 1300 people were in that. Since a nice chunk was filmed here, Cinemark also did a "red carpet" screening for the extras, another 500 or so people.

Everyone behaved nicely, which is not always the case, especially with media swarming the place.

The movie itself was fantastic. The last cutscene after the credits was hilarious. Ruffalo did a phenomenal job as Hulk. I'd definitely see it again!

I might add that ALL the screenings sold out at oure theater so fast (5 screens averaging 300 seats per) that they opened 3 additional showings.

When we saw the advanced screening 3 weeks ago, not one person stood...but everyone clapped (at the end).

The midnight showing at my local theater was sold out, and the crowd was electric. I was glad I saw this movie with these people around me. Lots of laughs, lots of cheering at the right parts, and a Standing ovation when the movie ended. 90% of the crowd stayed for the mid-credits scene, and 20% for the after credits scene, which was warmly received by diehards like me who were left. :woot: A certain scene between Hulk and Loki got the whole crowd roaring.

Even my dad said it was nice to hear an audience applaud for a movie again, and this movie deserved it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"