Deadpool 2 Deadpool 2 Rotten Tomatoes Thread

I mean I loved the original and yea it sucked that he didnt get to make the sequel, but I also feel like maybe just maybe we benefited when we got David Leitch because then we got another take of the character we love. And I don't think anyone should try to undermine the work that Miller did on the original. It takes a team effort to get a film right. But at the same time, I really don't like the take that Burnett and co are taking about the whole situation because right now they're undermining what David Leitch and co were able to do with the film just because Miller didnt get to do the sequel.

Like David Leitch did not direct John Wick 2 but we don't need to **** on it or on the first. You can say that you didnt like one or the other and then move on.

But I don't see why anyone would be upset for Tim Miller because dude is getting to make other movies like the Terminator film that I am sure people are looking forward to see.

Yup. Like I said, **** happens, and it seems like it all ended up well anyway. There's no point to undermine one or the other... at all. James Cameron's Aliens is still one of the best sequels ever, and that was both directed by a different director AND quite different than the original.

Leitch is another one of my favorite 'newcomers.' I loved both John Wick and Atomic Blonde, so I'm really looking forward to what he does with Deadpool. To me it's pretty much a match made in heaven.

Seems like he fit right in and was able to put his own spin on it, considering that even the Ashes song was his idea.

p5lEzhh.png

Still looking good. Really looking forward to seeing it in a few hours after which the reviews won't matter anyway.

Hope you enjoy, Iceman :up:

I'm seeing it tomorrow morning.

Robert Meyer Burnett is on Collider heroes talking about Deadpool 2, he said it was good but he had some issues with it.

Jon schnepp seemed slightly less impressed with Deadpool 2.

They both loved the first one.

Last edited:
I loved the first one. I enjoyed this but didn't love it. I think fans will still have a good time. It's very fan servicey. Has some good action and gags.

Rotten Tomatoes:
85%
Average Rating: 7.3/10
Reviews Counted: 96
Fresh: 81

Metacritic:
Generally favorable reviews based on 42 Critics

I loved the first one. I enjoyed this but didn't love it. I think fans will still have a good time. It's very fan servicey. Has some good action and gags.

Thanks. What was worse about it for you?

Thanks. What was worse about it for you?

The first half is a little disjointed and slow. There isn't really a strong central villain or antagonist. Francis in the first one wasn't great, but at least he was some type of adversary for Deadpool to face.

The first half is a little disjointed and slow. There isn't really a strong central villain or antagonist. Francis in the first one wasn't great, but at least he was some type of adversary for Deadpool to face.

Ah gotcha, thanks for that.

He had a meltdown on Twitter yesterday :funny: (he spent the last several months saying that Deadpool 2 would be a disaster).

He had a meltdown on Twitter yesterday :funny: (he spent the last several months saying that Deadpool 2 would be a disaster).

What was the meltdown? Do you have some links?

@manabyte blocked me for pointing out his biased film reporting. Not even trolling, just a statement. What a baby #deadpool2 #jeremyconrad

Famous movie review man Jeremy Conrad blocks me for dating to say that he had an agenda when he pretended Deadpool 2 was a car crash of a film

lmao

I've yet to find anything that describes a Twitter meltdown.

I don't think it was a meltdown. He just retweeted a bunch of negative reviews for the movie. Trying to re-enforce his comments a while back that the movie wasn't good.

Eh, the movie is flawed. I wouldn't say it's bad.

I will say this, the movie isn't a whole half hour longer than the first Deadpool. It's longer by 11 minutes. Deadpool was 108 minutes. Deadpool 2 is 119 minutes. That's not a half hour longer. The source from the test screening probably claimed, "it felt a half hour longer."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"