• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Arrow Dinah Laurel Lance/Katie Cassidy Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/01...on-what-to-expect-from-laurel-as-black-canary

She will find out who actually killed her sister. But when she does find out, I think the audience will be really surprised. Her reaction isn't what you'd expect.​

IGN: How has the training been for you? In that boxing scene, you can really see the work.

Cassidy: Yeah. It was pretty intense. It's all about what you put into it. Me as an actor, I want to be as authentic as possible. I didn't want to just be like, "Okay, they're making me train with a trainer three or four times a week." I was like, "I'm going to bust my ass!" I actually ended up with three different trainers. I had a boxing trainer -- a fighting trainer -- then a weightlifting trainer, and then I did Callanetics. So it was all different types, but I didn't want my stunt double doing all the fight scenes -- like that boxing scene. I wanted that to be me. So I was actually training six days a week, three hours a day for a couple of months. If I had a longer period of time -- I mean, I was so into it. I was watching Million Dollar Baby at night, like, "I want to be like Hilary Swank!" [Laughs] But I wanted it to be real. I feel like that's what Laurel would be doing. It was definitely hard, especially once we started shooting, but I knew at some point -- you put all this time and effort into it -- I want to say probably around November, I could back off a little bit, because once you have that muscle you don't have to work so hard. Once it's there it's like, "Okay. I can chill a little bit." So it's definitely not as intense right now, but I'm definitely still training. I used to be a competitive gymnast, so I try to incorporate as much as I can. It's been amazing.

I'm very happy for Katie and in that article she brings up a good point. Sara didn't choose that life, she was almost forced into it, but Laurel did.

here another one......could we see the Canary Cry? probably using a device instead like Sara did......but who know where she has the money/resource for that!

IGN: Interesting! Originally, superpowers were going to be kept off the show. Now that it's a little more open, a lot of people want to know if she will ever have the actual Canary Cry, versus the device that Sara used.

Cassidy: That's a really good question for our producers and writers. [Laughs] Having said that, I believe so, but not necessarily in the same form.

IGN: Now that she's Black Canary, do you think we might fully see Birds of Prey?
Cassidy: [Coyly] I don't know...[Laughs]

Another KC interview
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=58493

Some excerpts
Your costume's been a long time coming, From the beginning of the series, everybody wondered if, when, how? So what did it mean for you to finally get to this point?

Yeah, I mean, it's truly an honor. When I originally sat down and met with Greg [Berlanti] and Mark [Guggenheim] and Andrew [Kreisberg], they pitched me the characters attached to the show. And they had said Black Canary, and I was, like, over the moon. I wanted to do something action-packed. I thought that was great. And then it's television -- anything can happen. But Season Two, obviously, they brought my sister back, and she was the Canary. It was disappointing at first, but they explained to me, and it really made sense.

I'm actually happy that it worked out this way because they were like, "You can't just come become a hero overnight. You have to earn it." Oliver was on an island for five years. Laurel can't just all of a sudden wake up one day, put on the suit and turn into the Black Canary. She has to earn it. I feel as though Season Two, she really hit rock bottom, and the writers really wrote for me, which I totally appreciate. She's earning it. She's training. She's fighting. She's following her heart, and she's going out there on the streets. She's doing what she believes in.

Always wondered how she felt about that, so glad to finally get a comment on it.

Saw this manip and hope the costume transforms into something similar.
tumblr_inline_ni8vz9mtEG1rh6h62.png

tumblr_ni7gj01MEY1qcrkggo4_250.gif
tumblr_ni7gj01MEY1qcrkggo3_250.gif

tumblr_ni7gj01MEY1qcrkggo6_250.gif
tumblr_ni7gj01MEY1qcrkggo10_250.gif

tumblr_ni7gj01MEY1qcrkggo5_250.gif
tumblr_ni7gj01MEY1qcrkggo1_250.gif

tumblr_ni7gj01MEY1qcrkggo8_250.gif
tumblr_ni7gj01MEY1qcrkggo9_250.gif

Last edited:
Last edited:
With no signs of Ted Grant reappearing any time soon (or ever), I'm wondering where Laurel gets her gear from seeing as how it doesn't seem like she goes to Team Arrow for it.

Ted is in at least 1 more episode. That much is confirmed.

tumblr_inline_n5zddnqiRW1rd6ib3.gif

So excited. I really want them to make her Buffy level snarkyness.

My mom screamed when she saw Laurel in that promo.

Can't wait to see Dinah Laurel as Black Canary tomorrow. I hope she, Arrow, Flash, and Atom form the Justice League.

I like how, other than the obligatory butt shot, she doesn't look overly sexualized. Now that I think about it, with the exception of Sara's corset, there haven't been any provocative looking female or sexualization of them. The exception is Cupid, but with her, it made sense.

Laurel looks fantastic. I really hope Black Canary turns out well done.

I've been waiting a long time for this, it's Laurel time.

I like how, other than the obligatory butt shot, she doesn't look overly sexualized. Now that I think about it, with the exception of Sara's corset, there haven't been any provocative looking female or sexualization of them. The exception is Cupid, but with her, it made sense.

She needs her trademark fishnets.

http://marcsblerdblog.tumblr.com/
http://believe-in-chemistry.tumblr.com/

I wish this would've happened during the cross over episode

It would've been a simple way to include her in the cross over for a minute, allude to the Canary Cry and her becoming Black Canary.

And this is a very nice gif set of Laurel being a hero
http://ilovekcassidy.tumblr.com/tagged/reblogging-for-other-timezones

That is seriously awesome. Unfortunately the writers aren't that competent.

Can't wait for Dinah Laurel to join Team Arrow.

Those pics are making me excited.

Can't wait for Dinah Laurel to join Team Arrow.

Those pics are making me excited.
I can't wait to see the dynamic between her and Oliver because I really don't see her taking orders from him, unless she allows him to train her.

I can't wait to see the dynamic between her and Oliver because I really don't see her taking orders from him, unless she allows him to train her.

I don't expect her to either. After she will be part of the Justice League, along with Oliver, Barry, and Ray.

Now if they can bring in White Canary and Lady Shiva.

We need a long while before they go White Canary route, if it all.

Kreisberg pointed out. “Half of being a vigilante is, as Nyssa [Katrina Law] would say, being fearless. As Laurel says, it’s being crazy. Right now she has the crazy in spades. The thing about Laurel is — for people who are concerned that she’s going from zero to Black Canary — just because you put on a costume and a mask and run around doesn’t make you anyone else’s equal. She gets stabbed, she gets her ass handed to her, but the thing that’s amazing about Laurel is she just keeps coming and it doesn’t matter how many times she gets knocked down to the mat. And believe me, she gets knocked down to the mat, but she keeps coming back and she won’t be stopped.”

He added, “What’s interesting for her character is all of this started because she wanted to avenge Sara. Her arc of the season is really going from avenging Sara to honoring her… A lot of the back half of the season is Laurel and Nyssa finding common ground. When we met [Oliver] in the pilot he had already trained. We’re going to get to see that evolution with Laurel.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"