Arrow Dinah Laurel Lance/Katie Cassidy Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe they should have Laurel's Canary hook up with someone like Kick-Ass.lol

kickass-movie.jpg

Both of them rely on their weapons, which are quite similar, and they both know how to take a good beating and still manage to get up.

These last two eps have done a lot for the character, I especially liked Laurel's interaction with the team last night night, plus she looked sexy as hell in the business casual look. :halo:

I thought I was the only one who thought that she looked sexy. :cwink:
There is something slyly playful about the character that I am really starting to get around. This whole trilogy has done wonders for her.

Maybe they should have Laurel's Canary hook up with someone like Kick-Ass.lol

kickass-movie.jpg

Both of them rely on their weapons, which are quite similar, and they both know how to take a good beating and still manage to get up.

That's honestly who she reminds me of the entire time. Whacking people with sticks, stumbling, and constantly taking a beating.

Brenden Fletcher ‏@brendenfletcher 15 hours ago
@HollyKarkats Hi Holly! It’s the same Dinah that’s appeared in New 52 Birds of Prey, Team 7 and Batgirl comics

Brenden Fletcher ‏@brendenfletcher 11h11 hours ago
@EricaJMonroe I’m sorry, Erica! It’s not DC. It was my pitch. They didn’t ask for this. Blame me. They’re just letting Annie and I try it :(

@brendenfletcher
@EricaJMonroe It’s gonna be SUPER badass. She’s so Ellen Ripley (of Alien) in this series. Gonna surprise everyone :D

Brenden Fletcher ‏@brendenfletcher 14 hours ago
@shurato2099 @CorrinaLawson It’s all a part of character arc work that will come to fruition in Batgirl 40. New day for Babs, Dinah, etc. :D

https://twitter.com/brendenfletcher/status/563835377606479872

GAIL SIMONE ‏@GailSimone Feb 6
I dearly love Black Canary.

She is DC's secret cannon.

GAIL SIMONE ‏@GailSimone Feb 7
To my mind, there is absolutely no question that @AnnieW is going to be freaking AMAZING with my beloved Black Canary. GOOD ONE, DC

Ed Benes has my favorite Black Canary look, I liked her having her hair up in a ponytail. He and Nicola Scott are the definitive BOP artists.

Laurel as Canary is starting to grow on me.

But he doesn't. At least not in the first look.

So in 3x13 the count will inject a huge dose of vertigo in Laurel by stabbing her with the injections in her throat and then the canary fight takes place in front of some STAR Labs containers...it has me thinking ....

ar313b0033bjpg-0fe8e9_960w.jpg

Don't tell me Laurel dont even get to finish her own battle. Though I doubt this will lead to the canary cry.

So can we all agree that the producers really need to allow Laurel to fight without relying on her Police Baton as though it were a hammer and she was Thor?lol

Last time that I checked, Laurel at least knew how to throw a few good punches.

And I do hope that they at least have a few scenes of showing Laurel learning from Oliver, Roy, and Diggs (during their spare time) on how to become a better fighter/soldier.

Though, I feel like Laurel needs an extra oomph when it comes to her teaching and that no one is Team Arrow is really the best (at the moment) to give her that.

Any recommendations as to which character should be the one to help further her training?

So can we all agree that the producers really need to allow Laurel to fight without relying on her Police Baton as though it were a hammer and she was Thor?lol

And I do hope that they at least have a few scenes of showing Laurel learning from Oliver, Roy, and Diggs (during their spare time) on how to become a better fighter/soldier.

Though, I feel like Laurel needs an extra oomph when it comes to her teaching and that no one is Team Arrow is really the best (at the moment) to give her that.

Any recommendations as to which character should be the one to help further her training?

Work Shiva into this League of Assassins arc, have her train Laurel.

Diggle is the best choice most experience.....with Ted out who else is there

Yes we can agree on that lol.

They really should bring in Lady Shiva to train her, I know it will most likely be Nyssa but thus far everyone has kind of had their own "iconic" trainer and I wouldn't mind Nyssa training her but I don't want her to constantly be in Saras shadow.

I also find it interesting at how far the writers have had Thea progress with her fighting while Laurels has kind of come to a stand still in hers.

I also was disappointed that we didn't get to see Olivers first reaction to seeing Laurel all Black Canary'd up. We just jumped straight over it to him knowing.

I think it will Nyssa but Diggle could be a start for basic training....nyssa is pretty much Arrow Lady Silva/Nyssa role. The producer mention Laurel will go to her for training

Another good episode for Laurel's development, I like the fact she is setting out to remove herself from being a new version of Sara and will hopefully get her own distinctive Canary look. I just hope they get her a better weapon soon, something more sleek and less clunky.

I think at this point it's pretty much inevitable Laurel and Oliver get back together. The past couple of seasons have been about fixing their personal issues and making sure they're not an emotionally damaged couple. Now everyone's come clean about mostly everything, Felicity told Oliver to **** off, looks like it's bound to happen.

Like Oliver had his five years of trials and tribulations we have witnessed Laurel deal with the death of her sister and Tommy. We have seen her deal with drug & alcohol addiction as well as being kidnapped and almost murdered by a few villains.

Through all these things we are starting to see a stronger Laurel Lance emerge who will become the Black Canary.

Even though Cassidy said otherwise and it's canon, I really wish that she and Oliver are not the endgame anumore. Their relationship is just too damaged at this point. I like this version of her who is not having any of Oliver's sh-t. Maybe the writers will change their tune if they find someone who has better chemistry with her.

And oh... she looks so good when she doesn't have her jacket on. Those arms! It's not practical but I kinda wish now that her costume is just that sleeveless top underneath her jacket.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"