Arrow Dinah Laurel Lance/Katie Cassidy Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
"What's the matter? Was my form off?"

Lol, LOVE IT! Gimme that witty Laurel!

These last two eps have done a lot for the character, I especially liked Laurel's interaction with the team last night night, plus she looked sexy as hell in the business casual look. :halo:

These last two eps have done a lot for the character, I especially liked Laurel's interaction with the team last night night, plus she looked sexy as hell in the business casual look. :halo:

60ae08b13cf7e1e1993aa9c07295c2c44d29d24621bf44a8b8412eeec5220fae.jpg

It was a little strange the way they handled Laurel in relation to Malcolm.

When it was thought Roy killed Sara in a Miricuru stupor,she seemed less than sympathetic to him.

But Malcolm brainwashes Thea to kill Sara and she seemed ok with the idea of "using" Malcolm to their own ends?

But, apparently, after suggesting all this- she backs down and votes with Felicity and Diggle (who also seemed open to an alliance with Merlyn).

Has Laurel found out the truth? I don't remember it fully be addressed.

No she hasn't. But she seemed to know that sometimes you have to make a deal with the devil for the better outcome.

That's one of the problems of this season: The piling on of storylines. "Who knows what" is near impossible to keep track of. (And this is someone who watches each episode three times- I still can't really get my head around all the different angles.)

Black Canary W: Brenden Fletcher A: Annie Wu & Irene Koh

As we previously mentioned, internally DC Comics is referring to reinvented books, or new books with a fresh and esoteric quality to the rest of the DC Comics line as “Batgirling” after the successful relaunch of that title with Brenden Fletcher, Cameron Stewart and Babs Tarr. But it also applies to Brenden’s other title, Gotham Academy, as well as books such as Catwoman, Grayson and Gotham By Midnight. And now Brenden Fletcher is adding Black Canary to that list, writing the new series as part of the June mini-relaunch we’ve been talking about at DC Comics, and being announced at the retailer meeting in Burbank later today. With art from Annie Wu and Irene Koh.

BC-Promo_580_54d4446befdcb5.53690582.jpg

I don't like that she's wearing fishnets (assuming that is indeed the costume she'll be wearing), but I plan on picking that up when it becomes available.

I don't like that she's wearing fishnets (assuming that is indeed the costume she'll be wearing), but I plan on picking that up when it becomes available.

I know, we can hear the cheering in the streets already, and Arrow writers have been been dumped as well.

Green Arrow by writer Ben Percy & artist Richard Zircher

Red Hood/Arsenal by writer Scott Lobdell & artist Denis Medr

I seriously hope the fishnets are just artistic license. I was so happy when the New 52 got rid of them.

I just hope the art isn't like that inside or convey anything that is on that cover. Gail Simone and Dixon helped make Black Canary DCs 2nd best female next to WW, they need to go back to that.

Last edited:
I understand that she's becoming the Black Canary, but I still don't like her very much. She's too high-strung and impulsive and illogical and stubborn. Most of her behavious I find irrational and makes my eyes roll. It's really annoying how she's always getting kidnapped and has to be saved by the Arrow. And unfortunately, I don't see how her being an active member of the Arrow Team will be diminishing this possibility. In one episode (S2?), Diggle was training Felicity in some basic defence but I guess they dropped that? She should have more classes. I really don't want Laurel/Black Canary and Oliver to become an item, because that would be sadly too obvious and unoriginal. She doesn't bring out the best in Oliver. And she has much better chemistry with Ted/Wildcat. I liked her with Tommy, too. I really hate it when TV is unoriginal and I was happily surprised that Season 1 had Laurel comfortably paired with Tommy (at least until Tommy lost his mind)...

Last edited:
Just curious, for fans of Laurel's character...do you guys think that the producers should attempt to align more with the comics by having Oliver and Laurel give one more shot at their relationship by the end of this series? Or do you guys prefer that Laurel not get romantically involved with Oliver and are happy with them just being friends now?

Just curious, for fans of Laurel's character...do you guys think that the producers should attempt to align more with the comics by having Oliver and Laurel give one more shot at their relationship by the end of this series? Or do you guys prefer that Laurel not get romantically involved with Oliver and are happy with them just being friends now?

Really don't like the idea of Laurel/BC being paired with Oliver/Arrow romantically. It's just too obviously unoriginal in a high school "from childhood sweethearts to prom king and prom queen" (no pun intended) kinda way.
I like her better with someone like Ted who doesn't take any of her bullS***. Laurel says once to Oliver that she knows him "to his bones", but I think that Felicity gets him and understands him in a way Laurel never will. Oliver and Laurel may care for each other, but it feels more like family/childhood friend kinda love. (I thought it was a little icky that they slept together in S1 or 2. Not to mention a tiny bit incestuous that he was with Sara again in S2.)
In my opinion, Laurel and Oliver have outgrown each other. I prefer how Felicity challenges Oliver to be a better man and a better hero. Oliver may care for Laurel, but he needs Felicity.

Have you seen what being romantically involved with Oliver do to women? I don't even consider myself a Laurel fan and I wouldn't want her with him. I never wanted Felicity with him.

It's hard to say. I mean I did hear recently that Laurel was supposed to be romantically linked to Ted until he left the show. I have a strong feeling that Olicity will finally happen at the end of the season but it will be short lived. Either it won't work out or Felicity will die. This would leave room and time for Laurel and Oliver to get together by season 5. I even think they could play around with the idea of Oliver being worried about her going into battle based on a fling he had in his last year on the island where the girl died, although that may be too similar to Shado.

The biggest thing I see getting in the way of them hooking up, though, is the fact that Green Arrow and Black Canary haven't been linked together in the New 52, at least not to my understanding. So they may just skip that altogether since the majority of live action properties are following the New 52 storylines.

No being Oliver's love interest is like a woman being bound and gagged, with her feet in cement about to be pushed off the end of a pier only worse.

I'm open to it. I used to be completely against it, but now I think that it could work if it's handled very carefully.

Really don't like the idea of Laurel/BC being paired with Oliver/Arrow romantically. It's just too obviously unoriginal in a high school "from childhood sweethearts to prom king and prom queen" (no pun intended) kinda way.

Green Arrow and Black Canary were together in the comics for decades. Pairing them together on the show would be honoring the source material.

I like her better with someone like Ted who doesn't take any of her bullS***.

I'd like to think that Oliver is at a point where he can stand up to Laurel if he has to.

Laurel says once to Oliver that she knows him "to his bones", but I think that Felicity gets him and understands him in a way Laurel never will.

I'm not sure if I agree with that. To be honest, I think Sara is the only woman who ever truly understood Oliver (post-island). Laurel isn't quite there yet, and I think that Felicity's understanding of him comes across as kind of superficial, now that I think about it.

In my opinion, Laurel and Oliver have outgrown each other.

Understandable.

I prefer how Felicity challenges Oliver to be a better man and a better hero. Oliver may care for Laurel, but he needs Felicity.

I disagree.

To be fair, Laurel has only known the truth about Oliver for what, 6 months? He's been back for almost 3 years and he's lied to her so much to protect her and his secret, so she hasn't really gotten to know the new Oliver. She gets him back from who he was, but he's also changed a lot. Felicity knows the new Oliver, and yes she has influenced him in many ways. As people have pointed out recently, she is the most human character. She is not a fighter or a soldier, so she brings that perspective to him.

But Laurel knows Oliver well enough from his past and knows who he is at his core. She was the one who believed he'd be back while Felicity was in denial that he was dead. Not to mention, when she first saw him after the island, she was pissed at what he did with Sara, but she also saw something that made her think he changed, even though he needed her to not see that yet. So I'd say she knows him better than anyone, and with them starting to team up, they're definitely going to start butting heads even more but its also going to bring them closer together.

Felicity who? Green Arrow and Black Canary FTW! :D

I feel like they have damaged their romance to much for them to ever truly be together again. The writers went overboard with him cheating on her with Sara then lying about Saras death followed by him keeping it a secret that she was in town ONLY to keep his rekindled romance a secret from Laurel.

I wouldn't hate it if they got together again but i have hard time seeing it and am perfectly fine with them remaining friends. Though i think that she should be his #1 confidant.

I prefer how Felicity challenges Oliver to be a better man and a better hero. Oliver may care for Laurel, but he needs Felicity.

This, she's the biggest reason behind him turning from killer to hero, plus they have actual chemistry which Amell does not have with Katie Cassidy. In truth at this point I am all for a Birds of Prey spin-off with Canary, Katan and Huntress, as this show has too many characters vieing for screen time and they still need to add Thea to the team.

This, she's the biggest reason behind him turning from killer to hero, plus they have actual chemistry which Amell does not have with Katie Cassidy. In truth at this point I am all for a Birds of Prey spin-off with Canary, Katan and Huntress, as this show has too many characters vieing for screen time and they still need to add Thea to the team.
I believe the reason for this was Tommy. His death forced Ollie to rethink things and he changed to honor his friend.

Plus, Felicity was the one he saved by killing Count Vertigo, and she told him to kill Ra's.

I believe the reason for this was Tommy. His death forced Ollie to rethink things and he changed to honor his friend.

Plus, Felicity was the one he saved by killing Count Vertigo, and she told him to kill Ra's.

She was the one that convinced him it was how to honour Tommy and he had no choice but to kill Count Vertigo, that didn't alter him being a hero. As for Ra's, she told the man she loves to kill him because if he didn't Ra's would, as seen, kill Ollie as Ra's fights to the death.

The scene with the crossover where Barry tells Ollie about him needing to let the light in had Felicity in the background for that very reason, she is Ollie's shot at happiness beyond his mission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
monke77
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"