Arrow Dinah Laurel Lance/Katie Cassidy Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought this week was Laurel's best episode to date, wish they'd incorporate some of the boxing into her fights though, I mean that is an aspect of combat she has some training in.

Yeah I was surprised they didn't. Especially when it came to at least blocking and avoiding hits. But I just contributed it to Laurel being to much into the moment to think clearly about her training.

Maybe Laurel should pay a visit to Ted Grant to pick up some of his old gear (brass knuckles, etc) since that would be a better set of tools for her start out with than using a policeman's baton or Sara's pole.

tumblr_nixckv30BC1u2clbho1_540.jpg

As Laurel improves, I hope if she must have a weapon, she goes back to Saras and ditches the police baton. We need as much color for her considering her all black ensemble.

This part really just brought back BTVS/Kendra scene to me
tumblr_nixajoliZT1r7rw99o7_400.gif

tumblr_n2asv2bxUg1r6kczvo7_250.gif

lol And now I REALLY want Bianca Lawson to show suit up as a "hero" again. If she weren't 35, I would totally want her for Vixen.

Last edited:
Well I just hope they allow her to get the actual "Canary Cry". It would give her the much needed edge that she needs right now, and it'd be a great arc to see her actually having to learn to control that part of her as well.

See I would LOVE for her to get the Canary Cry, but I don't know if I would be that content with seeing her have to learn how to control it. The character has gone through A LOT and having to learn how to deal with a lot, seeing her have to go through that after having to go through the whole learning to fight thing would just be a bit much for me (at this point at least). But I guess maybe if they didn't make it overly dramatic, it would be fine.

See I would LOVE for her to get the Canary Cry, but I don't know if I would be that content with seeing her have to learn how to control it. The character has gone through A LOT and having to learn how to deal with a lot, seeing her have to go through that after having to go through the whole learning to fight thing would just be a bit much for me (at this point at least). But I guess maybe if they didn't make it overly dramatic, it would be fine.

Well they could always insert comedic elements to it; where she ends up sending a few members of Team Arrow across a table when having a argument with her and how the latter group making a note not to get Laurel pissed off anymore so that she doesn't raise her voice at them.lol

I'd like her to have the canary cry and it's not like canary does anything more with it sound wavs besides use it for hard attacks if she used it for other trick's like mesmerism people or using it for other tricks like Eoco location ETC.

Then she'd have to stay over where Barry's at city wise til learns to control her powers X-Men style and Barry does say he's looking for others like him self in the start of each episode as opposed to a theme song opening.

There's no other reason to look for them .

Last edited:
Laurel sure can take a beating.

I'm glad they are still showing how rookie she is at being a superhero. I think Oliver will eventually give her some training.

I imagine a lot of people were happy to see that Laurel still kinda sucks. I remember last episode people were really criticizing her moves at the end.

One thing I've always felt hurt this show is guys in hoods running around in the dark.

The thing I love about Black Canary is the blonde wig. It's so comicbooky, its visually appealing. It feels more closer to what made me a fan of comic books as a kid. Amazing colors that jump out at you.

(Its actually one of the reasons I liked Spoiler as Batgirl)

I think the hero journey they have Laurel on is amazing to watch.

AR313B_0207b.jpg
AR313A_0233b.jpg
AR313B_0242b.jpg
AR313A_0241b.jpg
AR313B_0264b.jpg
AR313B_0372b.jpg
AR313B_0449b.jpg
AR313B_0130b.jpg
ARROW Season 3, Episode 13 Stills; "Canaries"

I'm curious if all the attention the villains give to Laurel's throat is supposed to be on purpose or just happenstance. Brick chokes her, now Vertigo injects a needle into her neck. Foreshadowing? Ehh?

marcguggenheim
No — but you’re not the first person to ask that question.

It's so funny; for me personally, Laurel looks at her best when she's not in her BC gear and Sara looks at her best when she's in her BC gear. This is by no means a shot at Laurel or me trying to say that I don't think Laurel should be BC...it's just the way that the producers decided to go about creating their different BC looks.

I can agree with that. Though I think Laurel looks best when she is inbetween the two. Her shirt that she wears beneath the jacket and sans wig.

I love how Laurel's been used these past 3 episodes. I'm interested in seeing what's next for her, and how she'll evolve.

I can agree with that. Though I think Laurel looks best when she is inbetween the two. Her shirt that she wears beneath the jacket and sans wig.

Yep; and I think she looks better without the blonde wig and black lipstick. I would have taken black eyeliner over the lipstick any day of the week.

Also, I hope they give her a new weapon. Something like one of this, which Nightwing uses in the Arkham games...

bat_nightwing-5.jpg

It wouldn't be hard for someone like Laurel to use, and they're definitely more effective than her regular baton stick since these can emit powerful electric charges at whoever they are used to hit..and it would be a nice nod to Sara since she used similar looking weapons.

Her arc this season has been the best imo. I just wish we could get the season/Laurel to line up more lol. Maybe S4. S2 wouldve been much stronger overall if Laurel had a better storyline that season.

It will be interesting to the conservation between Laurel and her father.......he either be pissed or upset he did find out the truth plus knowing Laurel is out there without any training....I guess hers and other the arcs will work out in the end.

"What's the matter? Was my form off?"

Lol, LOVE IT! Gimme that witty Laurel!

"What's the matter? Was my form off?"

Lol, LOVE IT! Gimme that witty Laurel!

I'm glad they are writing the snark into her line and bringing out the humour of Dinah Laurel Lance. But TBH hard to show humour when they have you crying all the time. I hope she develops a friendship with Helena.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"