Arrow Dinah Laurel Lance/Katie Cassidy Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right! Her story was just getting started imo, she was gelling with the team, taking on a more grounding role for everyone. If she/Oliver had worked out, MG wouldve been singing a different tune

I would have been much more satisfied had they wrote her off like they did with Roy. But by outright kill her off, and then bring in an imposter in the very next episode, and have her last words be about supporting Olicity, it just all felt like it was in bad taste to the character and the history of her in the comics/show.

I agree. The fact that the "imposter" is now joining the cast as one of Arrow's sidekicks is even more ... inflammatory (especially if she continues to use the "Canary Cry" device designed by Cisco for Laurel).

Although it was poorly written and at times extremely aggravating, I found Laurel's journey to becoming the Black Canary much more interesting than Oliver's journey to become the Arrow / Green Arrow.

Right! Her story was just getting started imo, she was gelling with the team, taking on a more grounding role for everyone. If she/Oliver had worked out, MG wouldve been singing a different tune
It just makes no sense how they were able to take the most unlikable character from season 1 and turn her into one of the most liked characters, to the point where a lot of people that wanted her to die in season 2 were actually mad about her dying. It's like, how do you even drop the ball like that?

And I can see why they wouldn't have Oliver and Laurel work out, since they were following the New 52 for the most part, and if I'm not mistaken, they don't have the same kind of relationship there, but that's still no excuse to just outright kill her.
I agree. The fact that the "imposter" is now joining the cast as one of Arrow's sidekicks is even more ... inflammatory (especially if she continues to use the "Canary Cry" device designed by Cisco for Laurel).

Although it was poorly written and at times extremely aggravating, I found Laurel's journey to becoming the Black Canary much more interesting than Oliver's journey to become the Arrow / Green Arrow.
Looking back, I almost feel like all the hate that Laurel got in season 2 was great because, based on her story and her acting, that seems like it was the intended purpose, which means she did a great job at it.

The bigger issues were people immediately liking Sara's Black Canary right away, and also gravitating towards an Olicity pairing. But in the case of Sara, it was a natural evolution of events since Laurel was always the second Black Canary in the comics, so it was expected that her death would launch Laurel down that path. But the Olicity stuff felt more like a reaction to fans, which is why if they didn't learn from their mistakes in season 3, then I'm not confident in what they've learned from season 4 and how that romance is featured.

I was thinking of doing a Black Canary manip and remembered this costume.!

e64900e7592f78135f90cb892d53b2ad.jpg

That would've been a good BC costume. It has her fishnets but isnt exposing any skin.

I liked her costume and thought it was cool, including the wig. I was originally against the fishnets as I thought they would have looked silly in live-action, but they could have had something like what BC wears in Green Arrow Rebirth. It could work in live-action IMO.

Last edited:
Apparently part of Laurels last words to Oliver have been leaked:
“Don’t let me be the last Canary.”
giphy.gif

Apparently part of Laurels last words to Oliver have been leaked:
“Don’t let me be the last Canary.”

No. Just no. For so very many reasons, just no, No, NO!

I would have preferred Laurel Lance to walk off screen and never be referenced ever again instead of having to watch the character be killed and then be completely and painfully re-written as some kind of obsessive, love-sick stalker who changed her entire life to be closer to Oliver, but who is totally in awe of the superior love shared between Oliver and Felicity.

Rubbing salt in the wound. Just retire the Black Canary mantle with dignity.

It's like killing off Bruce Wayne and him wanting someone else to be Batman. **** you Arrow. Let sleeping dogs lie.

No. Just no. For so very many reasons, just no, No, NO!

I would have preferred Laurel Lance to walk off screen and never be referenced ever again instead of having to watch the character be killed and then be completely and painfully re-written as some kind of obsessive, love-sick stalker who changed her entire life to be closer to Oliver, but who is totally in awe of the superior love shared between Oliver and Felicity.

At least on her death bed she didn't ask that Oliver changes her name to Felicity on her tombstone and that the inscription pays homage to Olicity, and that her statue doesn't bear Felicity's likeness. :o

At least on her death bed she didn't ask that Oliver changes her name to Felicity on her tombstone and that the inscription pays homage to Olicity, and that her statue doesn't bear Felicity's likeness. :o

Let's not give Guggenheim any ideas.:cwink:

Rubbing salt in the wound. Just retire the Black Canary mantle with dignity.

It's like killing off Bruce Wayne and him wanting someone else to be Batman. **** you Arrow. Let sleeping dogs lie.

Yeah I agree it's not cool, but I think it works for a little while like when Grayson was Batman and Bucky was Cap. I enjoyed reading them especially Brubaker's Cap. Ultimately I was like yeah this was fun but bring me back Steve Rogers and Bruce Wayne. As long as this pretender is a place holder for the only Black Canary in my eyes, I can roll with it.

Is it possible that the Laurel that somehow returns due to Flashpoint will be the next Black Canary?

What if, in that version, she was on the boat and followed Sara's path to joining the League, that way there wouldn't be the complaint of how inexperienced she is.

I think the EP misspoke and Laurel won't be coming back. I'd love to be wrong though

Well we know Katie is a regular across all the shows now. So I can see Laurel showing up alive and deciding in the end to leave Star City since Ollie will have a whole new team by then. Maybe go and be Black Canary in another city that needs a hero. Pop up on the shows when needed.

Well at the very least, she will have a smaller role on Arrow, so she won't appear in every episode, but she'll make up for it by appearing on other shows.

Canadagraphs has stated that Laurel wont be back to life. They have been right about everything else sadly so, I gotta believe em.

tumblr_oeph779zn31uxadq0o1_540.jpg

Last edited:
So we're getting Ghost Laurel? Sadly, I feel like her role on Arrow, if that's the case, will be to get Ollie to stop killing again, which is when all the fun stops.

I think we're getting a what if episode. Apparently we're in for a weddingwith many speculting its o/L

I think we're getting a what if episode. Apparently we're in for a weddingwith many speculting its o/L
That would suck. It would feel like them teasing us once again, showing us something that we can't have.

tumblr_oeptd46B3i1uw4ew0o1_1280.jpg

I would say that what-if for Arows 100th is more and more likely.

Canadagraphs has stated that Laurel wont be back to life. They have been right about everything else sadly so, I gotta believe em.

Canadagraphs is a papparazi group, who just takes pictures, and know what appears on set. They don't have any future story details. I saw the tweet of his, and he is just giving his 'opinion' that he doesn't think they will bring laurel back, because previously in the interviews the EP's stated laurel is gone for good, that's why canadagraphs is saying that.

He doesn't know what wendy mericle is talking about, of how laurel will be ''alive and well'' , and be brought back due to flashpoint.

Canadagraphs is a papparazi group, who just takes pictures, and know what appears on set. They don't have any future story details. I saw the tweet of his, and he is just giving his 'opinion' that he doesn't think they will bring laurel back, because previously in the interviews the EP's stated laurel is gone for good, that's why canadagraphs is saying that.

He doesn't know what wendy mericle is talking about, of how laurel will be ''alive and well'' , and be brought back due to flashpoint.

Hopefully you're right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back