Arrow Dinah Laurel Lance/Katie Cassidy Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_obvziosLRj1r35vkjo2_540.png
tumblr_obvziosLRj1r35vkjo1_540.png

I need her back on my tvscreen full time!

I agree.

From what I've heard, the reason why several "regulars" have this type of deal this season is for budgetary reasons. They're more concerned with keeping the actors around and available (as opposed to the overall story they want to tell), while splitting the cost across all shows.

So I don't ever see her returning to Arrow full time, but who knows how things will work out with each of the actors and whether or not this new deal structure they are using will do more good than bad.

Well, it might be budget, but it will be fun to have Katie on the Flash and Legends too. same for John Wesley Shipp and Wentworth Miller. If Hoechlin is any good, maybe Superman could visit Flash/Legends like this too

From what I've heard, the reason why several "regulars" have this type of deal this season is for budgetary reasons. They're more concerned with keeping the actors around and available (as opposed to the overall story they want to tell), while splitting the cost across all shows.

So I don't ever see her returning to Arrow full time, but who knows how things will work out with each of the actors and whether or not this new deal structure they are using will do more good than bad.

That's totally the reason. Though it is such a waste of money/budget. They should know if they want to use these characters and draft out storylines at the beginning of the year.

We already have one Canary on LoT. That should be enough.

tumblr_mrdqs5qpiv1r97gm6o4_250.gif

I am good with 2.

Also the entire ending of Buffy is predicating on doing away with the "one slayer" rule as it had become outdated and counterproductive.

Laurel's all right, but I don't consider her some great loss, and I don't feel backtracking on another major death would be a good thing. If they did feel the need to make Katie a regular on Legends, I'd have it be Black Siren. It could be interesting having Sara deal with an evil parallel universe version of her dead sister, and it would give her a more distinctive powerset.

Well, it might be budget, but it will be fun to have Katie on the Flash and Legends too. same for John Wesley Shipp and Wentworth Miller. If Hoechlin is any good, maybe Superman could visit Flash/Legends like this too
Yeah, don't get me wrong, I don't mind them finding some way to keep these characters around. I just fear that it will end up like Merlyn, where the character's only real reason for being on the show as much as he is is because he's played by John Barrowman. Merlyn has had such a weird journey, but he's nowhere near as badass as he was in season one. He's much more of a bigger coward now, which is an interesting trait, but logically speaking, there's no reason why Oliver should ever feel compelled to work with him, let alone see him without wanting to capture/kill him. He has pretty much been behind every single tragedy Oliver has suffered, yet he is still forgiven to some extent.

That's totally the reason. Though it is such a waste of money/budget. They should know if they want to use these characters and draft out storylines at the beginning of the year.
Yeah, my biggest issue is that they have all these characters/actors to use, but they have no direction on how to use them effectively because everything is done so last minute. Like I said above, give me a good story first, instead of an actor first with a half-assed convenient excuse for why they are around.

Funko Pop needs to up their game
Cq--Sz6XEAAVhae.jpg

I need BS in my life!

Laurel apparently was at Olicitys engagement party, there is a cut scene where she goes to get ice. Why write that scene if you didnt write any scenes with her in the actually event?

Harpers Island reunion!
tumblr_ocwctm9Nz11qjmduto2_500.png

Katie for ST S2?
tumblr_ocwedwaHFB1v8eh8yo1_540.jpg

Katie bits from a recent con (nothing really exciting has been coming out sadly)
CrWctcmWEAA4oJ9.jpg

Last edited:
Harpers Island reunion!
tumblr_ocwctm9Nz11qjmduto2_500.png

Katie for ST S2?
tumblr_ocwedwaHFB1v8eh8yo1_540.jpg

Katie bits from a recent con (nothing really exciting has been coming out sadly)
CrWctcmWEAA4oJ9.jpg

Of course it was politics. The truth is comic fans are demanding. We want well crafted stories. If you're writing a good 1-3 year comic run you kind of have to tell engaging stories to keep your audience invested.

The Arrow showrunner opted to take the lazy way out by appealing to the female tweenage demographic. That allowed them to keep telling ****tier and ****tier stories while not taking too big of hit to ratings. Killing off Laurel was the final middle finger to demographic that values strong storytelling over crappy will-they-won't-they love trapazoids.

Damn all those people came to see her? What!!! I mean WHAT!!!!

Panels with people from Arrow generally do well at cons. A lot of the actors and actresses are liked by and popular with fans.

So I've heard Katie state a thousand times that she doesnt know whats going on with her Flarrow-verse contract and she shoots a movie next week so I think it pretty safe to assume that she wont be showing up first half of the season.

But then she says ".....maybe after this movie I go back to VC......" oy vey

Last edited:
Oh man. was hoping for another Black Siren appearance at least. I really don't get it at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"