EVERYTHING Black Panther - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it's been depressing with too much back and forth as to if/when it's going to happen. But I believe The King of Wakanda will have his shot at silver screen glory sooner than later.

ANt-Man is set to hit the screen before BP. The Guardians Of The Galaxy are set to hit the screen before BP. RIPD-a title noone had ever heard of-is hitting the screen in 2 days.

You're right about that. But I could say the same thing about quite a few comic based films. "How can they make a MIB, from a title nobody knows but Avengers/Spidet-Man/ect. ect. are still a no show on screens." I think BP will happen. Sooner than we can imagine I suspect. (Blind faith, sure. I admit that.)

Oh... here's a great director for you guys:

Pete Travis: Vantage Point, Endgame (co-starring Chiwetel Ejiofor) and Dredd (filmed in South Africa!)

How would everybody feel about this: What if the story is not so much the rise of a young prince to Kingship, but more a return of the King?

Interesting... a little too much SHIELD for me, but I like the Mastermind aspect, I would very much want to see something like that in the BP film. Perhaps playing/dealing with more mundane law enforcement agencies, like the CIA or Interpol. To demonstrate why only SHIELD can address him at all later. But the idea of it starts with Wakanda already imperiled sounds fine.

You're right about that. But I could say the same thing about quite a few comic based films. "How can they make a MIB, from a title nobody knows but Avengers/Spidet-Man/ect. ect. are still a no show on screens." I think BP will happen. Sooner than we can imagine I suspect. (Blind faith, sure. I admit that.)

MIB, Spawn & Steel were 16 years ago. In that time Blade had a successful launch, Batman's been brought back from hell, Superman's been reinvented twice, Spider-Man's on a second film incarnation, the X-Men have gotten further than anyone thought possible, Kick-Ass has had two movies made for some reason, Ghost Rider's seen two attempts and we've had the Avengers. And still NO progress has been made on Black Panther.

I'd rather not see a BP origin story.

Apparently many agree. I just don't like what comes with BP coming already established - either you have to depower/isolate him so he can 'earn' the audience or have a separate POV character 'earn' the audience for him.

ANt-Man is set to hit the screen before BP. The Guardians Of The Galaxy are set to hit the screen before BP. RIPD-a title noone had ever heard of-is hitting the screen in 2 days.

Yeah, if someone told me a few years ago that we were getting an Antman movie before BP my initial reaction would've been that that very person was nuts. Let alone a movie featuring a talking raccoon. (And I'm pretty excited for GotG :o)

And yet, here we are. :csad:

MIB, Spawn & Steel were 16 years ago. In that time Blade had a successful launch, Batman's been brought back from hell, Superman's been reinvented twice, Spider-Man's on a second film incarnation, the X-Men have gotten further than anyone thought possible, Kick-Ass has had two movies made for some reason, Ghost Rider's seen two attempts and we've had the Avengers. And still NO progress has been made on Black Panther.

Flash, Wonder Woman, Martian Manhunter, Aquaman, Teen Titans, all MIA.

And while Wolverine has gotten very far, I don't think any of us would be happy with a showing for Black Panther similar to that of Cyclops or Rogue, much less Psylocke or Angel.

Even Namor, Captain or Ms. Marvel, Heroes for Hire,

And a lot of the heroes comparable with BP appeal-wise, ie Ant-Man, Dr. Strange, Scarlet Witch, Vision... these are characters that haven't actually arrived as of yet. BP may yet still be on the horizon. It's not like Moon Knight and Tigra are getting films. The fact that comic books that only exist to have films made of them are getting made first isn't really a slight.

I'd want an origin film. Even if it's told through flashbacks with a present day story happening as well.

I think we'll be seeing a BP announcement if not this Comic Con then in the next two years. I'm pretty sure BP is going to be a part of Phase 3. There's been talks for the past couple years and with Quesda saying last year Marvel's waiting for the perfect time to announce a film that has been rumored before (only Strange and BP had been rumored before and Strange was already pretty much confirmed at that point) and with Stan Lee confirming BP earlier this month I'm sure we'll see it next phase.

The only reason we haven't seen it yet is because, imo, Marvel was afraid they might not be able to pull a BP film off but now that they know they can pretty much get away with almost anything in their films I think they're more likely to do it now. Plus when GotG becomes a success, they're left field property, I think they're be going full steam ahead with many different films.

I prefer an origin story. BP has such a great origin, and people really don't know him unless they're fans already. If they don't do an origin story then I could see something like Batman where there are flashbacks to his origin as he is already Black Panther.

I also prefer an origin story. The flashbacks are good, but there's something about being on the journey with a character that's really powerful, and every other hero has gotten that, I don't know how I'd feel if my favorite Marvel character were to be the only one not to get that.

Yeah he needs an origin story. The GA have no idea who this guy is. Plus a well done origin story can be extremely satisfying (see IM1,Cap 1,Supes1 and to a lesser extent SM1).
At this point the argument against origin stories only really applies to Supes Bats Spidey Stark and Wolverine. FF and DD deserve a redo and the rest need a proper introduction to the audience.

Last edited:
Djimon Hounsou is in Guardians Of The Galaxy so unless he is in a ton of make up or wearing a mask in that film I doubt he will be playing T'Chaka.

1) Don't see why so many people dislike origin stories. There honestly my favorite
2) Looks like another Comic Con passed without any BP news. They didnt even say anything more about Doctor Strange did they?

I figured if we hear news about Black Panther it would more likely be at next years comic-con.

1) Don't see why so many people dislike origin stories. There honestly my favorite
2) Looks like another Comic Con passed without any BP news. They didnt even say anything more about Doctor Strange did they?
My only problem with origin stories, is that so many are similar.

I figured if we hear news about Black Panther it would more likely be at next years comic-con.

Sadly you probably could just keep copy and pasting this post every year for about 6 more years.

I saw the Pacific Rim this weekend. Ya know, Idris Elba would not be half bad as T'Challa. :up:

My only problem with origin stories, is that so many are similar.
I was saying in the Guardians of the Galaxy thread that too many origins nowadays are about the cocky, but talented a**hole who learns to humble himself over the course of the movie.
But at least T'Challa is/should be different.

Idk I kind of like seeing a hero starting out and not knowing exactly what to do if they were a veteran

Sadly you probably could just keep copy and pasting this post every year for about 6 more years.

Very true. I'll believe a BP movie when I see it. That being said, they might toss the fans a bone with one of those one-shot short movies that have been showing up on the real Marvel movie DVDs/Blu-rays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"