EVERYTHING Black Panther - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
This has been my feeling for a while now. With all of the Oscar buzz he's getting for "12 Years," this bound to be a star-making role for Chiwetel Ejiofor. If he's not among Marvel's top choices for T'Challa already (and he should be), he will be after this film.

He should have been the top choice after SERENITY and RED BELT. If !2 YEARS puts him over the top, then so be it. But I didn't need to see anything other than his fights with Fillion and the way he delivered his dialog for Whedon.

He should have been the top choice after SERENITY and RED BELT. If !2 YEARS puts him over the top, then so be it. But I didn't need to see anything other than his fights with Fillion and the way he delivered his dialog for Whedon.

Agreed...he's the son of Nigerian parents, so he's of African descent. Shakesperean actor. Has shown he can pull off fight scenes. Exudes the dignity that T'Challa should have. He's my only choice.

On Will Smith:

Yeah, Will needs to be the hero, so, yeah.

On Chiwetel Ejiofor:

He is the best choice, really. What's interesting is that he can play a significant bit younger, so depending on how they do it, he could very well be an origin Black Panther, returning from his walkabout in his 20s and such.

We don't really know for sure if this movie will be announced for Phase 3. It will depend on what happens in Age of Ultron. If Ultron is made of Vibranium, it increases the chances we'll see the Wakandan king on the big screen. If Ultron is not going to be made of Vibranium, well it's a crap shoot.

If Ultron is made of Vibranium = 90% chance we'll see BP on Screen for Phase 3
If Ultron is made of something else other than Vibranium = 30% chance he'll be Phase 3

We don't really know for sure if this movie will be announced for Phase 3. It will depend on what happens in Age of Ultron. If Ultron is made of Vibranium, it increases the chances we'll see the Wakandan king on the big screen. If Ultron is not going to be made of Vibranium, well it's a crap shoot.

If Ultron is made of Vibranium = 90% chance we'll see BP on Screen for Phase 3
If Ultron is made of something else other than Vibranium = 30% chance he'll be Phase 3

I like how you have percentages and all. Are you a bookie in Vegas?

I don't think Ultron's composition will impact BP's chances in any way. ESPECIALLY since vibranium has been introduced to the cinematic universe already. In fact, I remember reading somewhere that it was supposedly the secret ingredient to Starks' new chestpiece in Iron Man 2.

I wonder how will Wakanda's landscapes be depicted. Urban areas, rural areas... gleaming towers.. prairies.. jungle areas.. giant panther statues.. I hope some detailed thought goes into the designs.

I don't think Ultron's composition will impact BP's chances in any way. ESPECIALLY since vibranium has been introduced to the cinematic universe already. In fact, I remember reading somewhere that it was supposedly the secret ingredient to Starks' new chestpiece in Iron Man 2.

The new chestpiece in Iron Man 2 was created with an 'unknown' element. I believe Vibranium was mentioned in CA:TFA when Howard Stark gave Cap the new shield.

It's what Cap's Shield is made of. Entirely due to Fox having the rights to Adamantium. :o

It's what Cap's Shield is made of. Entirely due to Fox having the rights to Adamantium. :o
Originally Cap's shield didn't contain Adamantium... :cwink:

the first round shield was Vibranium and an unspecified Iron Alloy

I wonder how will Wakanda's landscapes be depicted. Urban areas, rural areas... gleaming towers.. prairies.. jungle areas.. giant panther statues.. I hope some detailed thought goes into the designs.

I'll be happy regardless of the aesthetic, as long as they *don't* go for "99% of everyone lives in huts in the jungle." Let Wakanda actually be a modern nation.

Only better.

No, not really. Making them marysuetopia is an equally possible failure mode. Sure, they have some extraordinary stuff, but it should largely radiate out from T'Challa, one way or another. And really, not like all the major nations don't have their own weirdness assets, anyway.

Wierdness Assets is my favorite band.

I think it would be cool if it was like a metropolis in the middle of a jungle, where the jungle with huts sort of slowly fades into these paved streets, but they still have jungle trees planted in the streets in all the 'suburban areas' until you get towards downtown and you have this big Panther Plaza. In other parts of the small country there should be savannnah and ruins from old Wakanda and jungle and waterfalls and stuff.

I think it would be cool if it was like a metropolis in the middle of a jungle, where the jungle with huts sort of slowly fades into these paved streets, but they still have jungle trees planted in the streets in all the 'suburban areas' until you get towards downtown and you have this big Panther Plaza. In other parts of the small country there should be savannnah and ruins from old Wakanda and jungle and waterfalls and stuff.

This sounds like something I would love to see on screen. It would be visually distinct from other stuff out there, but still have the feel of a real, living place.

I also like the idea of the "ruins from old Wakanda and jungle and waterfalls and stuff." It shows the history of the country and contrasts it with the "hyperrealistic" new Wakanda.

On Chiwetel Ejiofor:

He is the best choice, really.

Chiewtel is boss
dOfgsIG.gif

Chiwetel Ejiofor or bust.

marvel has to court him and go all out, especially if it sounds like he really is an oscar lock. he'll get snatched up by somebody else

If Shuri is in this movie, I got a woman who would be the right fit:

danai_gurira_06.jpg

Many may know her best as:

walking-dead-michonne-danai-gurira-season-3-amc.jpg

If Shuri is in this movie, I got a woman who would be the right fit:

danai_gurira_06.jpg

Many may know her best as:

walking-dead-michonne-danai-gurira-season-3-amc.jpg

What a woman. I am assuming she's on walking dead? Never seen the show but those two pics alone. Wow. Why isn't SHE playing Nina Simone?

Yep. Walking Dead.

My taste in women is, of course, my own. But that woman has a stunning face to me. I actually see her more playing a younger version of T'challa's mother though, for some reason. Especially with the short hair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"