EVERYTHING Black Panther - Part 3

Discussion in 'Marvel Films' started by Thread Manager, Apr 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tdeverea

tdeverea Well-Known Member

Or as John Stewart. :woot:

2. Persona

Persona Well-Known Member

i'm sure someone somewhere has already said this, but Marvel has got to be kicking themselves that they've already got Idris Elba tied to a character, since i can't imagine a more perfect Black Panther than him.

3. E-Man

E-Man Cooler than your daddy.

I know a guy who would be better. I'm still on the bandwagon. There's plenty of room for those that want to join.:cwink:
    [​IMG]

4. T"Challa

T"Challa Well-Known Member

I think Ejiofor has always been kinda the consensus pick around the web for BP. But Marvel should sign him up quick if they want him. If what i'm hearing about 12 yrs a Slave is true, Ejiofor is about to get a heck of a lot more expensive with the award nominations he's gonna rack up.

5. Persona

Persona Well-Known Member

David Nyasi could be an under-the-radar choice, but he'd probably need to accumulate some more star power before Marvel would think he could carry the movie. but, yeah, Ejiofor would be good, didn't think about him.

6. the last son

the last son Well-Known Member

Man that's terrible about Lee Thompson Young. He was on my list of potential candidates for BP. RIP.

7. Donk

Donk Random Jackass

My pick would be Michael Jai White

8. Dr. Evil

Dr. Evil Well-Known Member

I could see Marvel being interested in him, but not as Black Panther.

9. the last son

the last son Well-Known Member

Kendrick Lamar for black Panther.

10. DrCosmic

DrCosmic Professor of Power

I think a big part of what makes Black Panther unique in the MCU is the tactics, the mystery. There's a very Sherlock Holmes Game of Shadows type element to how he defeats his greatest foes, especially people like Killmonger, but to a lesser degree Klaw as well. The mind game, the psychology, the... wit, almost Shakespearean... now Thor was Shakespearean too, but that was in the tragedy. Some of T'Challa's best lines in the Animated Series are "Emotional? No, I'm Happy, all my enemies are in one place." There is a certain... glorious ridiculousness to coding a security system while flying a hovercraft, where a knockout punch isn't nearly as powerful as a witty remark and a simple gensture. As long as the ingredients, T'Challa's resources, are set up at the beginning, the payoffs can be quite nice as he explains, with flashbacks, why the foes have been so utterly defeated. And would be very Black Panther-like.

11. Dr. Evil

Plus, he already has somewhat of a connection to the Avengers, with Cap's shield.

12. DrCosmic

DrCosmic Professor of Power

Definitely. And maybe more if Ultron is made of Vibranium.

Another thing that sets T'Challa apart is that he's kind of got that James Bond thing gonig as far as being a King and going to exotic places. I think Blackman put that idea forward first, and I wasn't feeling it at the time, but as I reflect on it, that could be pretty cool, chasing down Klaw and Vibranium half way across the world. This also is much like a Sherlock Holmes.

And while Thor is a prince, one thing that should be noted is that T'Challa is... dignified, exceptionally so. He doesn't have that viking "another!" brutishness or that Stark hedonism. He's a high class dude all around, I think that's kinda cool, and that's different.

13. Dr. Evil

This will be made, I have no doubt about that. Otherwise, they wouldn't have made Cap's shield out of Vibranium if they didn't plan on having Black Panther (hopefully played by Chiwetel Ejiofor or Chadwick Boseman).

He has much more of a connection to the Avengers already than Ant Man, Dr. Strange and Luke Cage, but Ant Man is coming and I'd expect we'll see Dr. Strange coming up.

14. Chris Wallace

Chris Wallace LET'S DO A HEADCOUNT...

The recent passing of Lee Thompson Young reminded me of a heated debate on this thread from back when he first appeared on Smallville; when some posters felt he was the ONLY choice for BP.

15. Chris Wallace

Chris Wallace LET'S DO A HEADCOUNT...

Sorry to bust your bubble, but vibranium is one of the 2 key ingredients in Cap's shield in the comics. The other ingredient, ADAMANTIUM, couldn't be mentioned in a Marvel Studios flick because Fox owns the right to any and all references through the X-Men franchise. The one-time use of the V word doesn't necessarily mean it's a prelude to Panther. It's not like Papa Stark said it came from Africa.

16. Dr. Evil

It will either go down to Black Panther and/or Luke Cage though, unless Marvel decides that Rhodey and Sam Wilson are enough diversity for the Avengers.

17. Donk

Donk Random Jackass

i hope to see both Black Panther and Luke Cage but i doubt we'll get both.

18. Mr. Dent

Mr. Dent Well-Known Member

I'm sure they will both eventually be introduced. Luke Cage probably through TV (I think Marvel should use TV as a vehicle for their street-level stuff if Agents of SHIELD is a success).

19. T'Jai

T'Jai eclectic threadkiller

HE was def my #1 choice based on the story I wanted to see. I'm still shook up we ran into each other more than a few times over the years trained in the same MA gym... hell he tried to get me a part on R & I once :csad:

Adamantium was Not one of the components of caps original shield...

20. E-Man

E-Man Cooler than your daddy.

He also built Falcon's harness in the comics. I hope they do something where he upgrades whatever Falcon is wearing in Winter Soldier.

21. tdeverea

tdeverea Well-Known Member

LOL! He's a boss!

He's 5' 6" though :csad:

22. MCU

MCU Well-Known Member

They should be commiting suicide lol. They have both Idris Elba and Anthony Mackie...but none are playing Black Panther...wtf?!?! Lol makes no sense. Ejiofor is still the best choice but I know for a fact it won't happen. They'll prob go with either Chadwick Boseman or Michael B. Jordan if BP ever gets made. Or some know young black TV star I dont know about.

23. fixxxer

fixxxer ...goes to 11

I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing. A relative unknown, but I think Chris Chalk did some excellent work in both Homeland and The Newsroom in limited roles. I think he would make an excellent Black Panther.

My personal BP power rankings/wishlist at this point:

1. Chiwetel Ejiofor
    2. Chadwick Boseman
    3. Chris Chalk

Last edited: Aug 28, 2013
  24. Malcolm Reynold

Malcolm Reynold Straight Edge Browncoat

The best choice in my opinion. He really has that dignified quality a king like T'Challa should have.

25. Dr. Evil

The popular opinion on this forum is that Mackie is a much better fit for Falcon than Black Panther:

http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=388803

They are said to be looking at Chadwick Boseman, but I would not be surprised to see Chiwetel Ejiofor on their list too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.