Game of Thrones - HBO part 2 - Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is nothing in the title that indicates that scene wil be shown.

The title of the episode is [BLACKOUT]Mother[/BLACKOUT]. That is [BLACKOUT]Cat's[/BLACKOUT] whole identity. Besides, we already know they are doing the Beric thing. He has been all over the promos.

Your reasoning for why it is "stupid" just doesn't seem sound. It just sounds like you don't like it. But with [BLACKOUT]Beric[/BLACKOUT] appearing this season, it makes perfect sense.

The title does apply to [BLACKOUT]Dany[/BLACKOUT] in the stricter sense. It is at the center of one of her most iconic scenes.

But the titles can have a double meaning. Just look at "Kissed by Fire". We know it applies to at least two things that will most likely happen in that episode.

Why end it with UnCat though? She's had 2 appearances in the entire series, one of which was her first. As far as the books have gone, she's pretty much irrelevant. I also think it's stupid to move the epilogue of ASOS to the middle when there's already enough to fill the time.

I would be very surprised if [BLACKOUT]the Purple Wedding[/BLACKOUT] happens this season. It is not the kind of thing they have done before in season finales. They are are usually reserved for tying up Dany's story, setting up other characters storylines for next season and finally the big scene that involves magic. Dany and her Dragons and the return of the Others. It makes perfect sense to end it with [BLACKOUT]UnCat[/BLACKOUT]. It shows what the world is becoming again. How magic is reentering it. That winter is coming.
They are going to lose viewers if they have the RW happen but no Purple Wedding. Too many people like Robb whereas everyone hates Joffrey. Heck, my dad has only seen the season 2 premiere and outright despises Joffrey. It also has a lot more impact at the end of a season than at the beginning of one and next season already has enough exciting, plot-changing events.

The title of the episode is [BLACKOUT]Mother[/BLACKOUT]. That is [BLACKOUT]Cat's[/BLACKOUT] whole identity. Besides, we already know they are doing the Beric thing. He has been all over the promos.

Dany is the Mother of Dragons, and that is the most logical thing it is referring to. Beric is in the book so showing him in promos is logical. [BLACKOUT]It doesn't mean they are doing Lady Stoneheart this season.[/BLACKOUT]

Why end it with UnCat though? She's had 2 appearances in the entire series, one of which was her first. As far as the books have gone, she's pretty much irrelevant. I also think it's stupid to move the epilogue of ASOS to the middle when there's already enough to fill the time.

They are going to lose viewers if they have the RW happen but no Purple Wedding. Too many people like Robb whereas everyone hates Joffrey. Heck, my dad has only seen the season 2 premiere and outright despises Joffrey. It also has a lot more impact at the end of a season than at the beginning of one and next season already has enough exciting, plot-changing events.

[BLACKOUT]Ned was a much more prominent character, and had much more screen time than Robb, and the show survived his death. They will survive the RW without the Purple Wedding this season. I doubt that many watch this show just for Robb or Cat.[/BLACKOUT] Honestly by this point people should know what the rules are.

Last edited:
I think [blackout]Red Wedding[/blackout] should have been earlier than episode 9, because fans are going to be expecting something big to happen then anyway. If they had gone that route, they would have been able to end with [blackout]Joff's death[/blackout].

I don't love [blackout]UnCat reveal[/blackout] for the finale, but if they don't do it, then what major cliffhanger event are they going to end on? I don't think anything else measures up to the Dragons hatching and the White Walkers.

I think [blackout]Red Wedding[/blackout] should have been earlier than episode 9, because fans are going to be expecting something big to happen then anyway. If they had gone that route, they would have been able to end with [blackout]Joff's death[/blackout].

I don't love [blackout]UnCat reveal[/blackout] for the finale, but if they don't do it, then what major cliffhanger event are they going to end on? I don't think anything else measures up to the Dragons hatching and the White Walkers.

Something they have come up with most likely. Something not in the book.

They wouldn't be moving the epilogue. It would be her resurrection. Considering Cat's role on the show, UnCat is going to get "new" material, just like Robb did.

This is exactly what everyone said was going to happen with Ned losing his head and no retribution. Ratings went up.

I honestly don't think the Purple Wedding is happening. We got news on the Red Wedding and we got news on Sansa's wedding. But not one word on the Purple Wedding. When you film something that big, it usually leaks.

Now does that mean it won't happen? Of course not, it very well could. But I don't think so. And even if it does happen, it does not preclude the return of Cat. Both can happen. Also Cat's ending very much goes with how the first two seasons ended.

Dany is the Mother of Dragons, and that is the most logical thing it is referring to. Beric is in the book so showing him in promos is logical. It doesn't mean they are doing Lady Stoneheart this season.

[BLACKOUT]Ned was a much more prominent character, and had much more screen time than Robb, and the show survived his death. They will survive the RW without the Purple Wedding this season. I doubt that many watch this show just for Robb or Cat.[/BLACKOUT] Honestly by this point people should know what the rules are.

True but at the same time, we only had 9 episodes with Ned whereas Robb has been a character for 3 seasons, the last 2 of which he'll have been very significant. I think people have hitched their hopes for a Stark revenge to Robb and the RW is going to illicit an even greater outburst than Ned's execution because of that.

This is exactly what everyone said was going to happen with Ned losing his head and no retribution. Ratings went up.

I honestly don't think the Purple Wedding is happening. We got news on the Red Wedding and we got news on Sansa's wedding. But not one word on the Purple Wedding. When you film something that big, it usually leaks.

Now does that mean it won't happen? Of course not, it very well could. But I don't think so. And even if it does happen, it does not preclude the return of Cat. Both can happen. Also Cat's ending very much goes with how the first two seasons ended.

As I said above, Robb has become a more significant character than Ned. The RW will spark more outrage because of it and everything that happens with it. Whether it was leaked or not is irrelevant to me. Most of the time, I think leaks happen because people let them.

Last edited:
They wouldn't be moving the epilogue. It would be her resurrection. Considering Cat's role on the show, UnCat is going to get "new" material, just like Robb did.

I think having the Purple Wedding would be a mistake. Its too convenient, and really it would be pandering. A main character dies so now the bad one must die to make everyone feel better? That isn't how this show nor the books operate.

True but at the same time, we only had 9 episodes with Ned whereas Robb has been a character for 3 seasons, the last 2 of which he'll have been very significant. I think people have hitched their hopes for a Stark revenge to Robb and the RW is going to illicit an even greater outburst than Ned's execution because of that.

Fix that quick!

There was a purpose for Ned's Death, Ned needed to die so it allowed all the kid's storylines to progress and forces everyone into action. Red Wedding was just brutal, Robb didn't need to die so the narrative could start. Something positive will happen in the 10th episode. I think they do need Zombie Cat rise though

[BLACKOUT]Dany is the Mother of Dragons, and that is the most logical thing it is referring to. Beric is in the book so showing him in promos is logical. It doesn't mean they are doing Lady Stoneheart this season.[/BLACKOUT]

Dude, spoilers. :huh:

First, I know it applies to Dany. It is from a scene in the book with her.

Second, Beric's inclusion is obvious. But from what we know of the production, they don't spend money bringing back characters for a scene or two. Why the budget is able to be stretched the way it is. It is why Ramsay Snow, Barristan Selmy and the Reeds weren't shown last season.

There was a purpose for Ned's Death, Ned needed to die so it allowed all the kid's storylines to progress and forces everyone into action. Red Wedding was just brutal, Robb didn't need to die so the narrative could start. Something positive will happen in the 10th episode. I think they do need Zombie Cat rise though

Positive things will happen.

[BLACKOUT]Dany always wins in the last episode of the season.[/BLACKOUT]

So you guys think that without the Purple Wedding the viewers will say "to hell" with all the other characters and just stop watching? Not going to happen. It's brutal what happens to them, but they aren't the center of this show. They are just a part of it. The RW without the PW isn't enough to sink this show. Probably won't even give it a paper cut.

Dude, spoilers. :huh:

First, I know it applies to Dany. It is from a scene in the book with her.

Second, Beric's inclusion is obvious. But from what we know of the production, they don't spend money bringing back characters for a scene or two. Why the budget is able to be stretched the way it is. It is why Ramsay Snow, Barristan Selmy and the Reeds weren't shown last season.

All those spoilers are spoiler tagged. There is nothing in there we haven't already been discussing.:huh:

Something they have come up with most likely. Something not in the book.

The show must have really gone off the rails in season 2 if you think they will end which a completely made up situation.

Plus, that doesn't really answer my question. Can you think of an example of some invented large twist they could realistically throw in without knocking the story off of it's tracks?

I think having the Purple Wedding would be a mistake. Its too convenient, and really it would be pandering. A main character dies so now the bad one must die to make everyone feel better? That isn't how this show nor the books operate.

When you put it that way, I can see where you're coming from, but that's not the reason I wanted it to be in this season.

But looking at it that way, and thinking about the void that Joffery's death would probably leave in the show, I think you're right. It would be best to wait until season 4.

The show must have really gone off the rails in season 2 if you think they will end which a completely made up situation.

Plus, that doesn't really answer my question. Can you think of an example of some invented large twist they could realistically throw in without knocking the story off of it's tracks?

When you put it that way, I can see where you're coming from, but that's not the reason I wanted it to be in this season.

But looking at it that way, and thinking about the void that Joffery's death would probably leave in the show, I think you're right. It would be best to wait until season 4.

Well, not a completely made up scene just a single moment on the level of the dragons and whitewalker. A small made-up moment within a scene from the book.

I agree. I think the shock of it happening early next season works a lot better. I also think it is important that we look at how the Purple Wedding happening at the end of this season effects everyone involved. Would force the Red Wedding fallout to be rushed, while leaving Tyrion and Sansa in a weird position with their story arcs for next season.

All those spoilers are spoiler tagged. There is nothing in there we haven't already been discussing.:huh:

[BLACKOUT]Lady Stoneheart[/BLACKOUT] should be spoiler tagged imo.

I agree. I also think the shock of it happening early next season works a lot better. I also think it is important that we look at how the Purple Wedding happening at the end of this season effects everyone involved. Would force the Red Wedding fallout to be rushed, while leaving Tyrion and Sansa in a weird position with their story arcs for next season.

I don't know if they will go this route, but...
have Tyrion and Sansa's wedding happening while the RW is taking place. Think about it. A bastardized twisted spectacle of a wedding for Tyrion and Sansa courtesy of Cersei, and while it is going on Cersei knows what is happeing at the RW. The two scenes could be intercut.

[BLACKOUT]Lady Stoneheart[/BLACKOUT] should be spoiler tagged imo.

Its just a name, and no one who has read the books or reading spoilers would have any clue what the name is nor who it might ormight not belong to. But I'll tag it. God knows someone might get curious and google it.

I don't know if they will go this route, but...
have Tyrion and Sansa's wedding happening while the RW is taking place. Think about it. A bastardized twisted spectacle of a wedding for Tyrion and Sansa courtesy of Cersei, and while it is going on Cersei knows what is happeing at the RW. The two scenes could be intercut.

It seems that it has come from good sources...
[that Sansa and Tyrion's wedding is happening in episode 8.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"