Game of Thrones - HBO part 2 - Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, then nevermind.

I just realized how ridiculous it would be if the [BLACKOUT]Purple Wedding[/BLACKOUT] did happen in episode 10. That would be [BLACKOUT]3 weddings in a row[/BLACKOUT].

I just realized how ridiculous it would be if the [BLACKOUT]Purple Wedding[/BLACKOUT] did happen in episode 10. That would be [BLACKOUT]3 weddings in a row[/BLACKOUT].

lol I hadn't thought of that. No way they would do that.

So you guys think that without the Purple Wedding the viewers will say "to hell" with all the other characters and just stop watching? Not going to happen. It's brutal what happens to them, but they aren't the center of this show. They are just a part of it. The RW without the PW isn't enough to sink this show. Probably won't even give it a paper cut.

I don't think you will have mass defections, but Robb and Cat have been much more prominent in the TV series than in the books, I think the impact will be worse for our tv friends than it was for us honestly. I actually like TV Robb and Cat.

I think having the Purple Wedding would be a mistake. Its too convenient, and really it would be pandering. A main character dies so now the bad one must die to make everyone feel better? That isn't how this show nor the books operate.

Difference between the book and the Series. You can keep on reading the book, Series you have to wait a full year.

Difference between the book and the Series. You can keep on reading the book, Series you have to wait a full year.

Difference between book and tv series. Books only come out every 4-6 years.

Last edited:
The next book better come out by next year. Winter '14. Fingers crossed.

Gods help me, I'm going to punch that man in the dick. :argh:

The show can't take a few years off, because the actors will age too much. They would have to have a time gap in the show which would throw the show way off from the books. No, Martin either has to work faster or let the show pass the books by. No other way around it. If the show passes the books I won't watch it. I'll buy the seasons and when the books catch up and finish I will go back and finish the tv show.

Gods help me, I'm going to punch that man in the dick. :argh:

He says he sets down at his desk every day and gets done what he gets done. At least he getting to his desk. I know Stephen King says he sets himself a goal everyday and gets it done come hell or highwater. I wish Martin was like that. We should send a trained monkey to his house and whenever he isn't typing it punches him in the dick. We can train it to give him 8 hour breaks for sleep and 30 minute breaks 3 times a day for meals. My local flea market sells monkies, but I'm not sure how the USPS feels about shipping them.

Last edited:
Awesome. Can someone make this a AVVY for me?!

GOT3_SandorPoster1.jpg

The Jaime poster is badass. And I bet that color blue will be the color theme used on the blu-ray/dvd box.

Yeah, I really doubt this show takes a year off waiting for GRRM.

You could notice the difference with Arya and Bran between S1 and S2, imagine them 5 years from now. In the book world, how much time is there between books?! I think there is none, they just roll right into each other and even AFFC and ADWD take place at the same time for a bit.

Yeah, I really doubt this show takes a year off waiting for GRRM.

You could notice the difference with Arya and Bran between S1 and S2, imagine them 5 years from now. In the book world, how much time is there between books?! I think there is none, they just roll right into each other and even AFFC and ADWD take place at the same time for a bit.

There are no distinct time jumps in the books, but the books cover quite a bit of time. Martin has talked about how when a Lord sends a raven it takes weeks to a month to get to its destination then the Lord has to assemble his banners which takes a week or more then the Lord has to move his army to meet up. So when Robb gathers his banners in book 1 its likely took a couple months, but the book doesn't draw attention to this fact. Anytime a raven is sent for anything and somneone receives it you can guess a week or more has passed. A lot of time has passed since the beginning of the books, but GRRM doesn't draw attention to it.

With the Others showing up at the end of Season Two, and the coming battle with the Night's Watch on that hill, I wonder if the writers decide to make the Others more prominent in the show than they are in the books in future seasons? After that battle, we really don't see the Others, all we hear is talk of them. Everything switches to the focus of the wildlings trying to cross over the Wall. With really no bad guys coming to the fore front in the next couple of seasons, I wonder if the writers decide to make up some story for the Others? I wouldn't mind it, because surely GRRM has some Other attacks in the future books anyway. Someone tell me if I'm mistaken, as to we really don't see the Others in AFFC or ADWD? But they really seem like an important part of this story. Do they decide to not show the Others for 2 or 3 seasons?

A feast for crows and dance with dragons could make up Seasons 5, 6 and 7 of the show. Book 8 could be stretched to 2 seasons and i remember IGN giving the idea of one taking a year for a Season 0 that shows when Robert usurped the throne

A Feast of Crows is going to get cut down to the bare essential and run alongside Dragons. It just has to be.

Yeah they were posted back on page 3. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"