Game of Thrones - HBO part 2 - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously, does anyone have a link to an actual interview of GRR saying they plan onnleaving some characters that died in the books alive? That has me very intrigued.

Me too, especially since some characters were killed prematurely in my opinion (Renly, for example).

And a few others, but spoilers and all.

Osha was specifically mentioned as having the book version of the character expanded due to the actors performance on the show.

Martin is a big fan of Natalia Tena.

I believe he also said he preferred the shows handling of the Daeny/Drogo wedding night over his version.

Me too, especially since some characters were killed prematurely in my opinion (Renly, for example).

And a few others, but spoilers and all.

As others were saying, he was probably referring to how some characters won't disappear the way they did in the books. Which makes sense. They're doing it with Theon now. I'll expect they'll do it with Osha too.

I'm curious to see how they proceed with Mance's arc. [blackout]His wife hasn't been introduced at all, much less shown to be pregnant.[/blackout] Hmm. I wonder... This just occurred to me, but what if [blackout]Robb's wife escapes the Red Wedding? She could flee to the Wall where Jon takes her in. Once Stannis comes north, and Melisandre is looking for King's blood, the child of the King of the North would suit her needs.[/blackout] Of course, that would be a major departure from the books, and would have repercussions elsewhere, but I could see that happening. [blackout]Other than the issue of the kid being the heir to Winterfell and the North, it would almost be simpler and more self contained than introducing Mance's wife in Season 4, showing she's pregnant, and then just killing her when she gives birth. Also, I could see them having Ygritte stand in for Val.[/blackout]

I'm curious to see how they proceed with Mance's arc. [blackout]His wife hasn't been introduced at all, much less shown to be pregnant.[/blackout] Hmm. I wonder... This just occurred to me, but what if [blackout]Robb's wife escapes the Red Wedding? She could flee to the Wall where Jon takes her in. Once Stannis comes north, and Melisandre is looking for King's blood, the child of the King of the North would suit her needs.[/blackout] Of course, that would be a major departure from the books, and would have repercussions elsewhere, but I could see that happening. [blackout]Other than the issue of the kid being the heir to Winterfell and the North, it would almost be simpler and more self contained than introducing Mance's wife in Season 4, showing she's pregnant, and then just killing her when she gives birth. Also, I could see them having Ygritte stand in for Val.[/blackout]

I imagine they'll develop that more in the next season, they've got enough to deal with now, latest episode notwithstanding.
Also,
[blackout]Since Robb's wife is apparently present AT the Red Wedding from some of the promo photos, I'm hard pressed to come up with a plausible way for her to escape.[/blackout]

Once Mance and co. attack the wall in s4, I imagine they'll have a scene where Jon goes to parlay with him and we see Mance's pregnant wife in the background or something.

Does Robb know what's going on with Theon? He was bad place bent on getting him in s2 but i don't recall him mentioning him at all this season......

Don't think so. News travels kind of slow.

I do wish the show would give us more of a sense of scale. Apparently there's a thousand miles between Winterfell and Riverrun.

Does Robb know what's going on with Theon? He was bad place bent on getting him in s2 but i don't recall him mentioning him at all this season......

In episode 2 Roose gives Robb news from a raven about the Ironborn having already razed Winterfell and fled by the time Roose's bastard arrived, and that Bran and Rickon are also missing. Robb privately theorizes to Cat that the boys either escaped or Theon has taken them, but as far as Robb knows he's still out there.

Last edited:
Do I dare say I feel bad for Theon? The man betrayed the people that raised him he does deserve this but I can still feel bad right?

NOTE: I haven't read the books, and this is pure speculation ahead, but I want to spoiler-tag it anyway, since it's a bold prediction and I know some people don't even want those dancing around their heads before they discover on their own.

Concerning the preview clip for Episode 8, and the
Joffrey/Tyrion confrontation.....

Going off what little context we have from the preview clip, I'm thinking...

The moment apparently takes place at Joffrey/Margaery's wedding. I believe they show a clip of Tyrion drinking earlier in the preview. I'm guessing that Tyrion, forced into his own upcoming wedding (while losing the grasp of his real love to Shae at the same time) will, in a drunken rage, call Joffrey out during the wedding ceremony, setting off a whole ugly confrontation.

It looks like Tywin will try and stop the confrontation. I'm thinking that it will get real ugly, with at least one Lannister dying, maybe more.

NOTE: I haven't read the books, and this is pure speculation ahead, but I want to spoiler-tag it anyway, since it's a bold prediction and I know some people don't even want those dancing around their heads before they discover on their own.

Concerning the preview clip for Episode 8, and the
Joffrey/Tyrion confrontation.....

Going off what little context we have from the preview clip, I'm thinking...

The moment apparently takes place at Joffrey/Margaery's wedding. I believe they show a clip of Tyrion drinking earlier in the preview. I'm guessing that Tyrion, forced into his own upcoming wedding (while losing the grasp of his real love to Shae at the same time) will, in a drunken rage, call Joffrey out during the wedding ceremony, setting off a whole ugly confrontation.

It looks like Tywin will try and stop the confrontation. I'm thinking that it will get real ugly, with at least one Lannister dying, maybe more.

Not quite. Joffrey and Marg's wedding is next season. Its the gift giving ceremony that preceeds the wedding if memory serves me right. This is unless they have shifted some stuff, but it would be a major major change.

Judging by the way Tywin got up, he's really pissed at someone. Could be either Tyrion or Joffrey.

Not quite. Joffrey and Marg's wedding is next season. Its the gift giving ceremony that preceeds the wedding if memory serves me right. This is unless they have shifted some stuff, but it would be a major major change.

Ahhhh, I figured it would be soon, at least before the season ending. :oldrazz:

Ahhhh, I figured it would be soon, at least before the season ending. :oldrazz:

They could have crammed the Joff/Marg wedding into episode 10, but it can't come any earlier than that due to other things needing to take place first. What's known about production indicates it is next season.

They could have crammed the Joff/Marg wedding into episode 10, but it can't come any earlier than that due to other things needing to take place first. What's known about production indicates it is next season.

I know that the third book is spread out over this season and the next, but I guess I'm getting impatient. Loving the season, but impatient to just KNOW, KNOW how it will all go down. :woot:

i got to say emilia clarke is killing it this season was'nt a fan of her "I AM MOTHER OF DRAGON'S" Stage but now danny is probably my fav. character on the show

Loving the season, but impatient to just KNOW, KNOW how it will all go down.

For those that complained nothing happens in this show, in the next few episodes and the first half of S4 alot will happen.

Currently the Lannisters are my favorites:

1st place - Tyrion
2nd place - Jamie

Don't think so. News travels kind of slow.

I do wish the show would give us more of a sense of scale. Apparently there's a thousand miles between Winterfell and Riverrun.

Generally, people and news move at the speed of plot; travelling as fast and as slow as they're needed for the story to progress the way they want it. I mean, look at Melisandre. How the bad place did she slip onto the mainland, find the Brothers Without Banners (who are supposedly in hiding) and even know to find Gendry there, and then slip back out sailing right past King's Landing - in the middle of a war, in which the side she's on is in direct opposition to the people at King's Landing?! :wow:

The Red God is powerful, indeed.

i got to say emilia clarke is killing it this season was'nt a fan of her "I AM MOTHER OF DRAGON'S" Stage but now danny is probably my fav. character on the show

The Freud in me just thinks you like hot, confident women who are in a position of power and who exert dominance over the men around her.

<looks at Emilia Clarke>

I don't blame you. :woot:

I was thinking that scene is from ...

Tyrion and Sansa's wedding, which if memory serves, I believe took place before Jeoffry's. :)

Brian Blessed should be in this show. I'm not sure who Blessed could play.

Will we see Victarion Greyjoy in Season 4? Ever since Oberon Sexton said he's the Conan the Barbarian of the show i have been anticipating his reveal, there seems to be nothing about the Greyjoys outside of Theon this season, so i assume they're saving that stuff for 4th season? Or fith?!

Will we see Victarion Greyjoy in Season 4? Ever since Oberon Sexton said he's the Conan the Barbarian of the show i have been anticipating his reveal, there seems to be nothing about the Greyjoys outside of Theon this season, so i assume they're saving that stuff for 4th season? Or fith?!

Yeah, they're probably saving the Greyjoys for next season. It would have been too much to squeeze them into this season with everything else going on.

i try not to get too excited what book fans say people here raved how awesome and bad ash stannis is and he is the most boring character on the show:o

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"