Game of Thrones - HBO part 2 - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love Stannis, i have the Stannis sigil as my computer wallpaper and i root for him because of how great he was in episode 9. I'm not bummed that he hasn't been that much on season 3, but really right now i either want Stannis Baratheon to win or perhaps Jon Snow as some Barbarian King. I see Tywin Lannister as this big endgame bad guy.

In reference to the Martin interview about the body counts between the show and the books, here's what he said.

George, if you develop an emotional rapport with the actors, does that affecting your writing or your plans for those characters?

MARTIN: I think it has the potential to do that, and I don’t know if that would be a good thing. Fortunately, I’m so far ahead of the series. At the premiere, I found myself talking to three very nice actors, at one point, who were very pleasant, and I was having a great time talking with them and drinking with them, and then I suddenly realized that I had killed all three of them, at various points in the series, and that they would all shortly be unemployed actors. And I had a moment of horrible guilt, but it’s already done. It was particularly sad when one of them said, “Please don’t kill my character,” and she’s already dead. It’s probably just as well that I don’t actually know these people when I’m doing it. When I meet the actors and actresses, they’re such tremendously nice people, and it’s then hard to kill them. David and Dan don’t seem to have that problem, though. I’ve noticed that, as bloodthirsty as I am, in killing all of these characters, David and Dan are killing some characters who are still alive in the books. Their body count is actually ahead of mine. When they say no one is safe in the series, that’s literally true. There are characters who are in book 5 and who are going to be in book 6, who are dead on the TV show.

http://collider.com/game-of-thrones-season-3-4-george-r-r-martin-interview/

I'm trying to think of what characters they killed in the TV series that are still alive in the books, and I'm coming up blank. Anybody else know who he was talking about?

He's talking about Irri and Mago. Both minor characters. Mago is
the Dothraki that Drogo killed in Season 1 who is the leader of the Khalasaar that Dany meets at the end of ADWD. GRRM insisted that he'll be an important character going forward.
To me, it's no big deal. I'm sure the show can write around that character.

Brian Blessed should be in this show. I'm not sure who Blessed could play.

He would have been a great Robert Baratheon 20 years ago. Today, he could play Mace Tyrell, a wildling, or a maester.

Will we see Victarion Greyjoy in Season 4? Ever since Oberon Sexton said he's the Conan the Barbarian of the show i have been anticipating his reveal, there seems to be nothing about the Greyjoys outside of Theon this season, so i assume they're saving that stuff for 4th season? Or fith?!

The Greyjoys were largely absent in ASOS. But 3 of them were POV characters in AFFC, so they may push some of their stuff into the second half of season 3 to keep Theon's story relevant.

i try not to get too excited what book fans say people here raved how awesome and bad ass stannis is and he is the most boring character on the show:o

I love Stannis, i have the Stannis sigil as my computer wallpaper and i root for him because of how great he was in episode 9. I'm not bummed that he hasn't been that much on season 3, but really right now i either want Stannis Baratheon to win or perhaps Jon Snow as some Barbarian King. I see Tywin Lannister as this big endgame bad guy.

Stannis lays low through the first half of ASOS, mostly because you only see him in Davos' chapters who is in a cell most of that time. He wouldn't be one of my favorite characters if he was just brooding in his castle all the time.

I'm trying to think of what characters they killed in the TV series that are still alive in the books, and I'm coming up blank. Anybody else know who he was talking about?

I had to look at a list of all the characters that have died on the show and the only one I can come up with is Pyat Pree.

I thought he wasn't dead. He wasn't that little girl that tried to assassinate the dragon chick before she bought the slave army?

No, that was just someone sent by the Warlocks, of which Pyat Pree was one.

I thought he wasn't dead. He wasn't that little girl that tried to assassinate the dragon chick before she bought the slave army?

No he's dead. However (book 5 spoilers)
The Qartheen are coming back to get theirs against Dany in ADWD. Xharo Xo Andaxos (who is apparently dead on the show) comes back to treat with Dany in that book before telling her that all the cities she's rampaged through are joining forces and are coming to wage war. In the show I can see them playing the warlock angle with that instead of Xharo (he's kind of a whimp in the books...cries a lot)

I forget their names, but the Dothraki handmaiden of Dany as well as Drogo's cousin. Both alive in the book and both bit the big one in Season 2. As did all the leadership of Qarth who were still very much alive in the books. And who I also hope that we never see again.

The only major changes I want are:

[blackout]Brienne not spending 1-2 seasons aimlessly looking for Sansa and Dany not spending a whole 1-2 seasons chilling Mereen.[/blackout]

Unfortunately, both are likely inevitable.

The only major changes I want are:

[blackout]Brienne not spending 1-2 seasons aimlessly looking for Sansa and Dany not spending a whole 1-2 seasons chilling Mereen.[/blackout]

Unfortunately, both are likely inevitable.

Not necessarily.
They could accelerate Brienne's journey to Lady Stoneheart and either have her join up with their coterie and focus on that (although that might be a little too similar to Arya's deal this season) or just leave her there for a bit while they address other plot threads. Especially if they address books 4 and 5 simultaneously, I could see Brienne mysteriously disappearing for an unspecified chunk of time.

Unfortunately, I don't see how they could work around Dani, unless they build up Griff and Victarion much earlier and make her seem more expendable.

I think the show may handle [BLACKOUT]Mereen[/BLACKOUT] by
having Quaithe show up and drop the prophecy stuff that was glossed over in the House of the Undying.
I know the showrunners (or Bryan Cogman, can't remember) stated that they were going to integrate that in other ways for the show. Plus I thought when I was reading that [BLACKOUT]Mereen[/BLACKOUT] stuff it would be more interesting to watch than read about. Kind of like the Kings Landing stuff. I prefer the show's version of Kings Landing politics over the books.

I think the show may handle [BLACKOUT]Mereen[/BLACKOUT] by
having Quaithe show up and drop the prophecy stuff that was glossed over in the House of the Undying.
I know the showrunners (or Bryan Cogman, can't remember) stated that they were going to integrate that in other ways for the show. Plus I thought when I was reading that [BLACKOUT]Mereen[/BLACKOUT] stuff it would be more interesting to watch than read about. Kind of like the Kings Landing stuff. I prefer the show's version of Kings Landing politics over the books.

That would be nice.
I really missed the visions from the book version, especially the one with the series' title drop in it. Hopefully that gets reintegrated into the show...seems kind of important.

lol I am prob late to this revelation...

Book spoilers, for those who don't know who is torturing Theon.

but I forgot Roose told Robb 'I can send my bastard to take back Winterfell'... so Ramsay very well could be the horn blower :lmao:

Flamethrowers1_zpsa7253612.jpg

Flamethrowers? Where the magic begins!

Last edited:
That is one of the best dragon designs. The skin looks like chard carbon and there is no empathy in it. Its spiky, hard, and deadly. Just like a fire breathing hate monster should be.

I still think he is kind of cute...so at this point, Drogon and his kin would be pretty hard to kill?

I think a small group of well-armed / armored soldiers with spears and bows could take down one. All three would be a problem.

Really, it's mostly the fire that's the concern at this point.

That is one of the best dragon designs. The skin looks like chard carbon and there is no empathy in it. Its spiky, hard, and deadly. Just like a fire breathing hate monster should be.

Yeah they should be scary. I always think back on that line of discription "His eyes were nothing more than balls of pus." really should show the full devastation of dragonfire.

Though I wish we got their seperate personalities more, like Drogon being the vicious, Rhaegel being a loner and Viserion being the most docile. Hell, even just a name drop would be awesome.

Yeah. The green and white ones are kinda just there.

Just finished the last episode, stellar episode. I loved every bit and none of it dragged.
I have to say Michelle MacLaren keeps surprising me whenever she directs an episode. She may be the best tv director today, I really want to see her direct a hollywood film.

I think a small group of well-armed / armored soldiers with spears and bows could take down one. All three would be a problem.

Really, it's mostly the fire that's the concern at this point.

I know in the books their hide can melt steel if it is pierced and their blood burns. They are as Dany says "Fire made alive".

I know in the books there hide can melt steel if it is pierced and their blood burns. They are as Dany says "Fire made alive".

Well I assume the eyes and mouth are weakspots (shove a spear down it, for example).

Seeing them in live-action, they don't look that tough (i.e. hides that melt steel. Well, maybe they can show off that trait.

They're still babies, a tenth the size they can/will become. We'll see undeniable proof of their power before the series ends, I'm sure.

Flamethrowers1_zpsa7253612.jpg

Flamethrowers? Where the magic begins!
Reminds me of "Reign of Fire" where the dragon would "excrete two chemicals that combined with oxygen is natural napalm!":woot:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blacktopolis24
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"