Game of Thrones - HBO part 2 - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, thank torrents for giving people what they think they're entitled :rolleyes:

People who torrent should at least go out and pick up the blu-rays when they're released. Aside from them being awesome with special features, this is a super-expensive show to produce and likely needs a higher revenue than most shows to stay on.

If you're a true fan of the show you'd want to actually support it somehow.

Yes, thank torrents for giving people what they think they're entitled :rolleyes:

Remember that this show comes on late and not at all in some territories. They are entitled to see it when it airs rather than having to wait a year for the dvd because their territory doesn't broadcast it.

Remember that this show comes on late and not at all in some territories. They are entitled to see it when it airs rather than having to wait a year for the dvd because their territory doesn't broadcast it.

No, they're not. Watch it when it airs in your country or wait for the DVDs. Nothing justifies piracy. I waited for Justice League episodes when they aired in Canada first.

No, they're not. Watch it when it airs in your country or wait for the DVDs. Nothing justifies piracy. I waited for Justice League episodes when they aired in Canada first.

I guess I don't hold it against a viewer if their country's government blocks a perfectly normal program. As long as they buy the dvds when they come out they are doing their part as much as they can, and there is no point waiting when they need not have to.

As for nothing justifying piracy, go to a country whose government blocks US media and films and tell me then whether piracy is justified. Those people are supposed to just do without because they were born under a propagandist oppressive regime? Nope, I don't think so.

Last edited:

Actually thats why HBO is precisely expanding with their steam services such as HBO Nordic for Sweden, Norway, etc. Not to mention plenty of Tv channel packages come with Game of Thrones as it is one of the most talked shows out there. You get the latest episode immediately. It's a 10€ subscription for all HBO shows + more.

+ Yeah, at least get the Blu-ray set as one way of supporting the show. Thats what i'd say.

Actually thats why HBO is precisely expanding with their steam services such as HBO Nordic for Sweden, Norway, etc. Not to mention plenty of Tv channel packages come with Game of Thrones as it is one of the most talked shows out there. You get the latest episode immediately. It's a 10€ subscription for all HBO shows + more.

+ Yeah, at least get the Blu-ray set as one way of supporting the show. Thats what i'd say.

See if HBO is offering it like you say above then of course go that route, but when it isn't available in a country under any legit means then get it however you can and purchase the dvds when they come out.

As for nothing justifying piracy, go to a country whose government blocks US media and films and tell me then whether piracy is justified. Those people are supposed to just do without because they were born under a propagandist oppressive regime? Nope, I don't think so.

Living in a dictatorship doesn't give you the right to break international/another country's laws. I think those people have more important things to worry about than watching Game of Thrones anyway.

So I see they plan on using "Yara" this season. I wonder how that'll go about unless they push up her stuff from book 4.

Living in a dictatorship doesn't give you the right to break international/another country's laws. I think those people have more important things to worry about than watching Game of Thrones anyway.
People living in the Great Depression went to see Shirley Temple movies to help forget that they wouldn't be able to eat that day. Some people watch Game of Thrones to help them forget they're living under a propagandist oppressive regime.

I think those people have more important things to worry about than watching Game of Thrones anyway.

I feel that way about you worrying about how others view this show
533.gif

I feel that way about you worrying about how others view this show
533.gif

I pay for HBO through DirecTV and have both seasons on Blu-Ray. Sorry if I have a problem with people downloading it for free through torrents.

I watch it on what's roughly the Australian equvilant to HBO, which usually airs the same day as in the US, afterwards I buy the Blu Ray's for the extras like the history and lore or GRRMs commentary.

There was a quote from someone involved with the show (I forget exactly who. It was one of the producers, I believe.) that said they believed the piracy of the series has actually helped the show and its ratings. I'm sure there are countless examples of people who downloaded a few episodes of something to check it out, and then end up subscribing to whatever channel (or streaming service) it's on because it's just easier, and at that point they know what they're paying for.

So I see they plan on using "Yara" this season. I wonder how that'll go about unless they push up her stuff from book 4.

Maybe Stannis will do his "three names" bit next episode with Gendry? And then the fallout from that early in ep 9?

I wonder if they'll
imply that it was the work of a Faceless Man paid by Euron?

I don't see people watching something for free as stealing something. It's one thing if they were to burn DVDs and sell it. But just watching it? Quick, someone gouge out their eyes.

It reminds me of that episode in the Simpsons where the Springfield kids get in trouble for "learning for free" by listening to a tour guide without paying.

If people like something enough to go through the trouble to watch it online, they're rather likely to buy it. Most studies show that such piracy doesn't hurt sales. In fact, it can even help sales.

Not that I'm advocating piracy or nothing.

I wonder if they'll
imply that it was the work of a Faceless Man paid by Euron?

I don't know why, but I never really bought this idea. There's nothing intrinsically wrong with it (and the timing of Euron's arrival does seem convenient), but I'd rather believe it was just a rogue wave that offed him. From whence he came. :o

I don't know why, but I never really bought this idea. There's nothing intrinsically wrong with it (and the timing of Euron's arrival does seem convenient), but I'd rather believe it was just a rogue wave that offed him. From whence he came. :o

It wouldn't surprise me knowing GRRMs love of irony...but there's something satanic about Euron though, I suppose he may have had his warlocks tell him the future.

--spoiler stuff--

Yes...although I liked how in the book the events for Joffrey and Robb had already been set in motion, with only Balon being a potential "fulfillment"--I feel like if they do it in the show at this point it'll portray Mel/R'hllor as a little too powerful or involved.

--spoiler stuff--

Yeah, that's possible. And the prophecies/strange mutterings of the "crazies" always seem to come true or can be interpreted that way. I wonder if that dragon's egg he tossed into the sea was ever true.

Well...
Mel only forsaw their deaths and dressed it up to look like she had that power.

Regarding the piracy issue:

I torrent this show and other HBO shows only mainly cause cable companies charge outrageous prices for the channels. And most only have packages that include other channel I will NEVER watch.

I would HAPPILY pay HBO if they change their HBO GO app to allow for memberships ala Netflix. That way I can pay a small fee to watch all my fav. HBO shows and everybody's happy :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"