Game of Thrones - HBO part 2 - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely. I saw on imdb someone had linked to a interview where Martin claims to only be 1/4 done with WoW. Thats after 2 years of work (with some chunks being left over from ADwD). Now, people get pissy about complaining about the pace Martin works at, but a this pace we're looking at another 5 years before WoW is even released,if there arent an delays.

Then its a looooong wait for Book7.

2018 - The Winds of Winter by George R.R. Martin: Novelization of Game of Thrones Season __

:funny::csad:

Definitely. I saw on imdb someone had linked to a interview where Martin claims to only be 1/4 done with WoW. Thats after 2 years of work (with some chunks being left over from ADwD). Now, people get pissy about complaining about the pace Martin works at, but a this pace we're looking at another 5 years before WoW is even released,if there arent an delays.

Then its a looooong wait for Book7.
At this point, Pynchon and Malick are turning out work faster than he is. Not complaining, just :hehe:

1/4 done? Damn it. ASOS took less time and managed to be the longest.
I wonder if the show is actually help motivate him to write faster or just getting in the way.

1/4 done? Damn it. ASOS took less time and managed to be the longest.
I wonder if the show is actually help motivate him to write faster or just getting in the way.

GRRM is like an ADHD squirrel on crack. Everything gets in the way.

How long do you think it'd be till the show catches up with the books? Season 4's covering the second half of the third book and books 4 and 5 take place in parallel, so how many seasons and years do you think it'll end up being? I haven't read them and don't know how lengthy they are so how much time does he have?

Only two more? With half of book 3 for next season and two more books after that?

Oh right, I forget that it's only ten episodes a season.

Seems like it only just started, and we only got three episodes left.

I heard Martin has divulged details of his future books to the show-runners just in case he's not done by the time the seasons run out of material.

Only two more? With half of book 3 for next season and two more books after that?

Let's just say books 4 and 5 aren't exactly the most...eventful installments. That is a nice way to say that they are a lot of build up for the supposed end game of books 6 and 7...which GRRM could have probably gone straight into after book 3 if he weren't so precious.

Now I am getting in the weeds.

Suffice to say that as they are already incorporating chunks of book 5 into Season 3, and they will likely do even more from books 5 and 4 during Season 4, I imagine they could knock out most of books 4 and 5 together in Season 5 and that is WITH major changes and alterations to make it interesting.

I have a sneaking hunch they will catch up by the end of Season 5 and just make two or three more seasons based on their own ideas of how it should end based on GRRM's rough timeline.

I had hoped the fear of the show overtaking him would kick him into gear. I guess not.

Thing is he said he was fairly confident that he could keep ahead of the show.

Maybe he has more work done than he's admitting,or he was too optimistic, or is just plain delusional.

I agree with you, by the end of S5, the show should be caught up to the books. The first half of S4 will finish up ASoS, with the second half of S4 and all of S5 adapting books 4 & 5 into one narrative since they run parallel anyway.

Last edited:
Thing is he said he was fairly confident that he could keep ahead of the show.

Maybe he has more work done than he's admitting,or he was too optimistic, or is just plain delusional.

I agree with you, by the end of S5, the show should be caught up to the books. The first half of S3 will finish up ASoS, with the second half of S4 and all of S5 adapting books 4 & 5 into one narrative since they run parallel anyway.

He also said, in the afterword of book 4 (at least the paperback edition), something to the effect of "hopefully 5 will be out by the end of the year." Then four years passed before it actually came out. He's like my mother. He has ambitious plans, but just has no concept of how long things actually take him.

At this rate, the last season will have to be taped in front of a live studio audience to give George time to catch up week by week.

I've been wondering whether both Weddings will take place in the same episode.

Pretty sure they won't.

think one wedding will cary over to start season4

So where's this link where GRRM says he's only 1/4 of way done with TWOW? I could have sworn he told Variety or the like that he was half way through and that he expected book 7 and the final season to coincide.

He's never going to be able to keep up. He takes too long to write stuff. :p

I personally am not excited by the weddings themselves. I'm more excited about the possible changes in the game and repurcussions behind them. The weddings themselves will probably be a bit standard where the people are just chilling with pretentious smiley faces.

If something exciting happens during the weddings, then that'd be different obviously. But I doubt it heh.

I think there's much discussion about future events, they should be either tagged or discussed in the books section.

If Joffrey and Margaery's wedding kicks off season four, we're in for a hell of a premiere.

This isn't spoiling anything, but I'm gonna black it out just to be safe:
[BLACKOUT]Absolutely! It would be in true Game of Thrones fashion to open a season with what could serve as a season finale cliffhanger.[/BLACKOUT]

I personally am not excited by the weddings themselves. I'm more excited about the possible changes in the game and repurcussions behind them. The weddings themselves will probably be a bit standard where the people are just chilling with pretentious smiley faces.

If something exciting happens during the weddings, then that'd be different obviously. But I doubt it heh.

You know nothing, Rogue Agent.

Seriously, there's no such thing as a boring Westeros wedding.

Well, except Robb's I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"