Game of Thrones - HBO part 2 - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
I piggy back on my moms DirecTV account to get HBO Go on my XBOX. I pirated the first season, but I bought the Blu Ray as soon as it came out.

I used to use my friends HBO Go account but he recently cancelled it.

I DO still use his Netflix account on my phone and Xbox though :D

Still on the piracy topic, I think that that it does less damage to Game of Thrones compared to most other shows. The reason is because the creators are paid by HBO who in turn earn through subscriptions which are set in stone regardless whether people tune in to watch the show or not. In contrast, networks like CBS rely on advertising dollars which relies on the number of viewers. Meaning, watching their shows through "alternative" methods directly hurts their incomes.

Pirates by definition aren't paying customers and so it would make little sense for HBO to go after them since most of them aren't going to convert into paying customers either because they were never interested enough in the first place or because they are unable to do so (be it due to financial constraints or availability). On the flip side, more pirate viewers means more TOTAL viewers; which in turn means more people talking about the show, which is free (word of mouth) advertising; which will likely convert to more customers.

Last edited:
didn't know I'd set off a philosophical discussion with my love of torrents. I just recently started watching it right before season 3 and I don't have a blu ray player for now (waiting on the ps4) but I'm sure I will buy them once I'm able to watch them. I wanna check out all the extras.

But its been shown in general that people who pirate/torrent tend to buy more stuff in the long run. I like having the files on my hard drive so I can watch them anywhere but I also like having a blu ray collection again once I get a ps4.

Living in Africa (lucky me) we tend to get things 6 months later or worst a year later when it comes to tv shows,so Torrents are the only option for me,otherwise I got to avoid the forumboards for spoilers

at least you have time to read the books before the relative season is out, I guess?

a question for the book readers:

is the man torturing Theon some guy from House Bolton? i haven't been spoiled in any way about the series but i need to know this data only. I say this because the house bolton flag or symbol or whatever is a man upside down apparently tied to an X. which is how Theon is found( not upside down though)

i wll start reading the books after this season!

sorry for my english.:yay:

a question for the book readers:

is the man torturing Theon some guy from House Bolton? i haven't been spoiled in any way about the series but i need to know this data only. I say this because the house bolton flag or symbol or whatever is a man upside down apparently tied to an X. which is how Theon is found( not upside down though)

i wll start reading the books after this season!

sorry for my english.:yay:

First, your English is very good.

Second, there are clues to who Theon's captor is.
Last season, Roose Bolton, one of Robb's lords who was at Harrenhal, told Robb he would send his bastard son to liberate Winterfell. Just before the Ironborn surrendered, someone was blowing a war horn to prevent Theon from sleeping. This season, when Theon is recaptured in the woods, the guy who is about to rape him says "You little bastard..." to the man just before he's killed. Later, we see him blowing on a war horn to wake Theon.

That should answer your question.

First, your English is very good.

Second, there are clues to who Theon's captor is.
Last season, Roose Bolton, one of Robb's lords who was at Harrenhal, told Robb he would send his bastard son to liberate Winterfell. Just before the Ironborn surrendered, someone was blowing a war horn to prevent Theon from sleeping. This season, when Theon is recaptured in the woods, the guy who is about to rape him says "You little bastard..." to the man just before he's killed. Later, we see him blowing on a war horn to wake Theon.

That should answer your question.

Thanks a lot man! so by the looks of it:

why does the Boltons do not tell Robb that they've got Theon? i believe that this and the fact that Lord Bolton releases Jaime, is a clear indicator that the King in the North has lost another ally. or at least that's what i believe

Thanks a lot man! so by the looks of it:

why does the Boltons do not tell Robb that they've got Theon? i believe that this and the fact that Lord Bolton releases Jaime, is a clear indicator that the King in the North has lost another ally. or at least that's what i believe

I'll say this
In the books he sends his pinky skin to Rob via a raven.
Don't know if that will be in the show or not.

Just saw this on imdb:

The best Game of Thrones romcom yet. Cannot wait for one involving Hodor. Any day now.

Just saw this on imdb:

The best Game of Thrones romcom yet. Cannot wait for one involving Hodor. Any day now.

Lol, but Hector Elizondo would have been a more inspired choice as the random guest star.

Regarding the piracy issue:

I torrent this show and other HBO shows only mainly cause cable companies charge outrageous prices for the channels. And most only have packages that include other channel I will NEVER watch.

I would HAPPILY pay HBO if they change their HBO GO app to allow for memberships ala Netflix. That way I can pay a small fee to watch all my fav. HBO shows and everybody's happy :D

Here, if you have just basic cable, it's not like you can just pay extra for HBO and be done with it. To get any premium channels, you have to have digital cable, and you must upgrade your entire service, and then you can add HBO to your programming.

So, in essence, just to add HBO to a basic cable package, you have to spend an additional $50 a month.

But, people do upgrade their cable, and they do it only to add HBO. That's precisely why HBO isn't going to change their mode of delivery, since they get big money through those subscriptions. They would lose money if they started letting people just subscribe to their programming online.

I don't blame them. As long as their content is strong and worth the value, and it most definitely is, then people will pay for it, now or later.

Something being expensive doesn't justify theft.

Game Of Thrones Producer Frank Doelger has said the show will end with 7 seasons

"[The number of series] is being discussed as we speak. The third season was the first half of book three, season four will be the second part of book three. . . George R.R. Martin has written books four and five; six and seven are pending," Doelger told Radio Times at the BAFTA Awards last weekend. "I would hope that, if we all survive and if the audience stays with us, we'll probably get through to seven seasons."

Game Of Thrones Producer Frank Doelger has said the show will end with 7 seasons

I could see it going to eight, but no more. That makes sense to me.

I think we should just accept that the series will finish before the books do. It will probably even end before the sixth comes out. I n many ways it reminds me of Full Metal Alchemist or Scott Pilgrim. The filmmakers will have to give a rough approximation of where they think the story will end.

Given that the producers actually know GRRM's ending, I wonder whether GRRM will be okay with them giving it away or whether he may even change it just to be different? That assumes he ever writes the next two books.

Something being expensive doesn't justify theft.

Theft or not, if you can get something free without getting caught you take the opportunity. If you found a duffel bag full of money are you going to take it to the cops? No, you're going to keep it. Anyone who says otherwise is lying.

Theft or not, if you can get something free without getting caught you take the opportunity. If you found a duffel bag full of money are you going to take it to the cops? No, you're going to keep it. Anyone who says otherwise is lying.

I used to think that, but then I saw No Country For Old Men. :(

Given that the producers actually know GRRM's ending, I wonder whether GRRM will be okay with them giving it away or whether he may even change it just to be different? That assumes he ever writes the next two books.

Not to mention it is really curious how the show's popularity will effect the writing, like someone such as Tyrion Lannister who is the fan favorite, will he get a super nice happy ending or will he die horribly just because he is so popular?

Torrents dont stop me from buying anything. Its simply a matter of convenience.

I have HBO, buy the BR's and will still download S3. I'd rather keep the episodes on my huge computer HD than on my cable box with very limited space for the next year until S3 is available on BR.

I think we should just accept that the series will finish before the books do.
Definitely. I saw on imdb someone had linked to a interview where Martin claims to only be 1/4 done with WoW. Thats after 2 years of work (with some chunks being left over from ADwD). Now, people get pissy about complaining about the pace Martin works at, but a this pace we're looking at another 5 years before WoW is even released,if there arent an delays.

Then its a looooong wait for Book7.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"